How much sleep on average would you say you get in Ranger...

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
B 2/75
Ranger

Post by B 2/75 »

Airbornepog... just a quick question about your name... did you intend to say that you're a "pog" who is airborne qualified? As in a REMF? That kinda thing?

Because if you did, then you've misspelled it. The correct spelling would be "pogue," the word coming the Navy, and refers to one who delights in the pogey that could be purchased from the shipboard deedunk.

So... Are you an airborne pog, reminding me of the 5th Psyop Group (the POG) or are your an airbornepogue? Don't be embarrassed if you got it wrong; it is a typical cherry mistake.

But, inquiring minds would like to know.
- ALL THE WAY -
1st Plt B 2/75 - Sniper
Ranger classes 4-80 & 9-80
3/60 INF 9th ID
2/278 ACR TN NG
3/319 INF 80TH ID
4/4 FA
11th USAFAD (8" Special Wpns)
D/96 CA (A)
JIATF-East (Counter Drug)
478 CA (FID/UW) (IFOR/SFOR)
5 SFG (A) (OIF 1)
USSOCOM - Retired AUG 09
Biometrics Mgmt Office (AFG) (SAIC)
PM DoD Biometrics - Operations (SAIC)
airbornepog
Embryo

Post by airbornepog »

Yes I misspelled it Ranger B 2/75. I am indeed a "Pogue"...... tried to fix my username but cannot.
B 2/75
Ranger

Post by B 2/75 »

LOL

So ask one of the Admin Ranger Gods, and they may just sprinkle some of their pixie dust in yer direction...
- ALL THE WAY -
1st Plt B 2/75 - Sniper
3/60 INF 9th ID
2/278 ACR TN NG
3/319 INF 80TH ID
4/4 FA
D/96 CA (A)
5 SFG (A) (OIF 1)
USSOCOM - Retired AUG 09
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

my first CIF issued canteen cup was the solid fold out handle, stamped 1944. 1SG Lane thought I was full of shit when we did a layout and said it was CIF...
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
B 2/75
Ranger

Post by B 2/75 »

Was up in Alaska for NWTC in 80, and found a full can of ham & motherfookers up on Gunnysack. Thing had been out in the weather for at least 10 years, maybe a bit more. They tasted fine, except for the fact that they were ham & motherfookers.
- ALL THE WAY -
1st Plt B 2/75 - Sniper
3/60 INF 9th ID
2/278 ACR TN NG
3/319 INF 80TH ID
4/4 FA
D/96 CA (A)
5 SFG (A) (OIF 1)
USSOCOM - Retired AUG 09
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Doing a live fire in Ft. Lewis, I went to an old foxhole for cover and the damn thing was littered with the old M-1 Garand block clips. They'd been in the bottom of that whole for at least 40 years. Scooped up a bunch and gave them to my dad.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
B 2/75
Ranger

Post by B 2/75 »

The Holmchicken wrote:Doing a live fire in Ft. Lewis, I went to an old foxhole for cover and the damn thing was littered with the old M-1 Garand block clips. They'd been in the bottom of that whole for at least 40 years. Scooped up a bunch and gave them to my dad.
Found an ancient BAR magazine there once, near the Nisqually River bridge. The damn thing was in perfect condition, just some light surface rusting. (WTF?) You'd think the weather would have destroyed it, and those Garand clips, in only a few short years...
- ALL THE WAY -
1st Plt B 2/75 - Sniper
3/60 INF 9th ID
2/278 ACR TN NG
3/319 INF 80TH ID
4/4 FA
D/96 CA (A)
5 SFG (A) (OIF 1)
USSOCOM - Retired AUG 09
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

B 2/75 wrote:
The Holmchicken wrote:Doing a live fire in Ft. Lewis, I went to an old foxhole for cover and the damn thing was littered with the old M-1 Garand block clips. They'd been in the bottom of that whole for at least 40 years. Scooped up a bunch and gave them to my dad.
Found an ancient BAR magazine there once, near the Nisqually River bridge. The damn thing was in perfect condition, just some light surface rusting. (WTF?) You'd think the weather would have destroyed it, and those Garand clips, in only a few short years...
They were in good shape, just some surface rust. My dad has a Garand, so he appreciated the bloc clips.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

centermass wrote:Fruit cake.

Never ate it.

Everyone in the class new it.

I could be stranded on a deserted island somewhere and found dead of starvation surrounded by 50 cases of unopened fruit cake.

I ate tooth paste and swallowed my chaw (Levi Garret) after the juice was gone.

Still wouldn't and won't touch a fucking fruit cake. :x
I managed to serve the last 8 years of the C-Ration era and never once ate 'ham&eggs'.
Tried one spoonful in AIT and not even in Florida phase would I deign to touch a can of that....
Wasn't easy to trade away either, thank heavens for the cigerettes while they lasted. I could always get something edible for the 4 pack of cigs we got until Jimmy got elected.
Some guys would starve themselves for the chance to put a long phallic object between their lips & suck... :twisted:
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

K.Ingraham wrote::::REPAIRED BY QRT:::
I managed to serve the last 8 years of the C-Ration era and never once ate 'ham&eggs'.
Tried one spoonful in AIT and not even in Florida phase would I deign to touch a can of that....
Wasn't easy to trade away either, thank heavens for the cigerettes while they lasted. I could always get something edible for the 4 pack of cigs we got until Jimmy got elected.
Some guys would starve themselves for the chance to put a long phallic object between their lips & suck...
LastHardSapper wrote::::REPAIRED BY QRT:::Ranger Ingraham, Ham and eggs were good if you could get past the appearance. Dr Suess was inspired by a can of ham&eggs when he wrote "Green Eggs and Ham". They tasted good but were not as filling as spagetti or ham slices.

Sapper; it wasn't the looks of the stuff, it was the taste!
& I'm a guy who still eats kimchi.
Hey, I see we're contemporaries & that your son is off in my old stomping grounds - I like ya already.
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

B 2/75 wrote:

Sir, somewhere at the bottom of the Nisqually River is a M-60 belonging to 2nd Batt, Charlie Company or so I heard.. :roll:
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”