Roberts Ridge

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Invictus
Ranger

Roberts Ridge

Post by Invictus »

Wondering if anyone has read this book? I just finished and thought it was pretty good, although I can't speak to accuracies.

It seemed pretty in line with what I read in "Not a Good Day to Die".

http://www.robertsridge.com/
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

I was just leafing through that at B&N worndering if it was any good.
I met CPL Common's mother at RR this year & it looked like the author had talked to her when researching the book.
I saw some less than friendly reviews of 'Not a Good Day to Die' so I'm waiting for the PPB to appear, but I think I'll acquire 'Robert's Ridge' first.
Any comments on either from anyone close to the events?
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Not a good day to die is a great read. I've heard from a few people serving in one of the units mentioned in the book that it was considered accurate by those who were there in the aforenotmentioned unit.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

"Not a good day to die" also has a few familiar names in it. Great book.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
RgrHunter
Ranger

Not A Good Day To Die

Post by RgrHunter »

Not A Good Day To Die is definatelly worht the money and the time. I bought it at the PX and was thinking it was going to be just a kick ass story from the guys on the ridge. Turned out to be a kick ass story (and as accurate as I've ever heard anything to be...) about the enire build up through exectution.

If your really interested in more about the book, PM me.
Rgr Hunter
Bco/HHC 1/75-'97-'03
Random Intensity
RLTW
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

I read Robert's Ridge this week. It's specific to the fight itself & not the broader Anaconda op.
Just picked up Imperial Grunts after a good leaf through it at Barnes&Noble. Looks REAL good. Don't let the psuedocommie inspired liner notes fool you.

RS 9-76

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
Tupac

Post by Tupac »

The book is accurate. I haven't read not a good day to die. I was in first platoon 3rd squad on march 4th, I guess you could say I have some type of "bullshit" flag to wave if I wanted to, but the accounts are very accurate.
Invictus
Ranger

Post by Invictus »

I was in first platoon 3rd squad on march 4th, I guess you could say I have some type of "bullshit" flag to wave if I wanted to, but the accounts are very accurate.
That's about as good of an endorsement as anyone could ask for.

Thanks for the feedback Timmy.
Sgt Egg
Ranger

not a good day to die

Post by Sgt Egg »

A few months ago I was exchanging emails about recommended reading materials with my former CO. He suggested this book, and wrote that I'd recognize some of the characters.
Damn if he didn't mean himself. Most anyone who has served under him would say he's a great man, even if he was raised in 2nd Bn.
Great read.
A Co., 1/75, 1992-1996. Ranger School: 5-94
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Buddha wrote:Just finished it. Great book, and helps fill in the blanks in "Not a Good Day to Die."
Agreed. I'm now about halfway through 'Not A Good Day...' & it too is excellent - despite the most lame title.
The books are worth reading as a set. 'Not a Good Day..' for the campaign view & RR for the micro-view.

RS 9-76

Dando175
Ranger

Post by Dando175 »

I guess I should check this book out. I'll try to read it over my winter break. I checked out the author's website- the pics are legit, at least. Does the book contain any more?
CPT, USAF Medical Service Corps
A Co. 1/75 99-02
Class 9-01
Tupac

Post by Tupac »

There are some good pics of guys we know, taken by somebody in A-1-2 . Pm inbound.

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”