SITREP (RANGER)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
ValMan
Ranger

SITREP (RANGER)

Post by ValMan »

Hey, ValMan here. Starting week 7 tomorrow. So far this has been a joke. Everything feels like it was thrown together at the last minute and no one ever knows whats going on. So many little bitch's here, it feels like middle school. Don't even get me started on the PT, more like advanced streching. I was hoping for so much more, it's really disapointing. All the PG's and SL's do is try to get people in trouble for eating cake. Here's what's been going on so far:

1. Shot Sharpshooter 32/40
2. Our platoon won BRM
3. Completed 2 and 4 mile roadmarches
4. Watched 2 guys throw up in their masks before they even got in the gas chamber.
5. Loving the day to day bullshit
6. Eagle Tower

I'm sure there's more but nothing that fun/worth mentoning. Just got to get away from these's little girls. Looking foward to my 2 months of Airborne hold (gay!!). Anyways, hoping everyone is doing good.

Take Care,

ValMan

(Please excuse misspellings)
When in doubt, shoot your way out.
2/75 B CO. MAR 06-?
OIF 06-07
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: SITREP

Post by Earthpig »

ValMan wrote:Hey, ValMan here. Starting week 7 tomorrow. So far this has been a joke. Everything feels like it was thrown together at the last minute and no one ever knows whats going on. So many little bitch's here, it feels like middle school. Don't even get me started on the PT, more like advanced streching. I was hoping for so much more, it's really disapointing. All the PG's and SL's do is try to get people in trouble for eating cake. Here's what's been going on so far:

2. Our platoon won BRM
4. Watched 2 guys throw up in their masks before they even got in the gas chamber.
6. Eagle Tower

I'm sure there's more but nothing that fun/worth mentoning. Just got to get away from these's little girls. Looking foward to my 2 months of Airborne hold (gay!!). Anyways, hoping everyone is doing good.

Take Care,

ValMan

Hahaha! It's amazing that some of these guys enlist, isn't it? Just don't let the negative end of Basic get your focus off center, or lower your motivation. Believe it or not, aside from the bullshit, the skills you learn in OSUT will save your ass down the road. Soak up the info, stay away from the cry-babies, and keep your eyes on the Tan Beret. As easy as this seems to be for you, I'll expect to hear of you making it all the way. Anything less, and your comments will probably be thrown back in your face. Drive on....the good stuff is yet to come.
RLTW
EP
Last edited by Earthpig on September 18th, 2005, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Thanks for the sitrep Valman. Drive on.

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

So you started at the bottom and it will get more difficult as you approach your goal. Stay focused. Never quit.

Looking forward to your next sitrep.
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
JarHedSolja
Tadpole

Post by JarHedSolja »

Don't forget you still don't know shit. You're in week 7 of basic training. So I think if you continue going on thinking all of the stuff you're doing is beneath you or not good enough you're going to have a rude awakening.

Just a piece of advice.
1999-2001 USMC
2003-2006 1-148th INF (M)
2006-2009 585th MP Co
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

JarHedSolja wrote:Don't forget you still don't know shit. You're in week 7 of basic training. So I think if you continue going on thinking all of the stuff you're doing is beneath you or not good enough you're going to have a rude awakening.

Just a piece of advice.
Agreed. Don't get a big head. Drive on and stay motivated.
rangercamaro
Ranger

Post by rangercamaro »

Glad your doing well but you'll soon enough see why we say crawl walk run... Don't let the lax standards drop your standards. Remember, Basic is just that.... BASIC. This is to get the discusting lazy fat bodies into some sort of shape. Do extra PT to maintain your current level. You'll regret it later if ya don't!!!! Sponge the information and drive on to your cord! One step at a time!
Bco 1/75 2nd plt Wpn Sqd 89-93
HHC 1/75 Bn Armorer 93-94 (after cookoff)
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Re: SITREP

Post by centermass »

ValMan wrote:Hey, ValMan here. Starting week 7 tomorrow. So far this has been a joke. Everything feels like it was thrown together at the last minute and no one ever knows whats going on. So many little bitch's here, it feels like middle school. Don't even get me started on the PT, more like advanced streching. I was hoping for so much more, it's really disapointing. All the PG's and SL's do is try to get people in trouble for eating cake. Here's what's been going on so far:

2. Our platoon won BRM
6. Eagle Tower

Take Care,

ValMan

Well,

hopefully you learned something before you went and are continuing to do so.

As for the PT, it will get more intense I promise you. As Rangercamaro stated, you're only at BASIC. Don't know how you had time to get to or on a computer, but I'm glad you could get a sitrep in.

Keep your mouth shut, your ears and eyes wide open. Stay focused, use the buddy system, remember teamwork and keep situationally aware at all times.

Don't get cocky. And keep up the effort. You can do this.

Keep us posted and good luck.

P.S. Same standard as always: double check your spelling before you post!!!! (attention to detail)

RLTW,

CM
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

It's all pretty much been said already!

Thanks for the sit-rep.
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89

Return to “Letters from School”