Feedback from the group on the Lightfighter Co.

Racks, Helmets, Cold Weather Gear
RgrHunter
Ranger

Feedback from the group on the Lightfighter Co.

Post by RgrHunter »

Gentlemen,
After reading much of the input from all of you during my quest to aquire some tactical gear (Peltor COMTAC II, Rhodesian or similiar chest rig..) I stumbled across a company that I haven't heard of before. It is the Lightfighter Co which advertises locations at Ft. Campbell and Bragg. I was wondering if anyone has shopped at these establishments or had any run in's with previous customers.

If this company has a good reputation to go along with it's competetive prices, I recommend adding it to the master list in this forum.

http://www.lightfighter.com/istar.htm
Rgr Hunter
Bco/HHC 1/75-'97-'03
Random Intensity
RLTW
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Good company. My bunkmate from SFAS is a good friend of the owner.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Head175
Ranger

Post by Head175 »

Hunter...whats up?

Lightfighter.com = good group of guys. I met the founder in his first storefront on a SNOT TDY to Campbell I think. Very impressed, good prices, good gear.
It is easy to judge the merit of a company by the gear they carry or by the way the sell it. "Closet Commandos" sell and buy cheesy crappy gear because they have no idea what really works or what real soldiers use. Just because a company has good photos doesn't mean that they are squared away, but a company that demonstrates their gear on some jackass that is wearing everything wrong and obviously has no clue what he is doing is a company to stay away from.

Example...http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme%20gear/r ... cklace.htm

http://www.ustacticalsupply.com/slings.shtml

If you want to know more, PM me.
RLTW
1/75 Ranger Batt. 4/99-3/03 Class 07-00
Bco. 1st. Plt &
Sniper Plt.
SOTIC
French Mtn Warfare School
EMT-I

MOLON LABE!
RgrHunter
Ranger

SITREP

Post by RgrHunter »

Rangers,
on your recommendations/validation of Lightfighter.com I went ahead and ordered a bunch of equipment. I intially ordered a few pouches and a COMTAC II Peltor head set. My order was processed quickly. I called to find out how long it was going to take to get the Peltors and they said 2-3 months. 2-3 months is a little to long for my needs so I cancelled and changed my order to a Rhodesian Rack (2-3 weeks).

So far I am pleased with the selection (would like to see MICH helemets..) and the service has been great.

I look forward to doing much more odering from Lightfighter and research with the numerous other suggested sites.

RLTW
Hunter
Rgr Hunter
Bco/HHC 1/75-'97-'03
Random Intensity
RLTW
RgrHunter
Ranger

update

Post by RgrHunter »

Just for your viewing pleasure...

I have still yet to recieve the equipment I have ordered. I'm being told that from Lightfighter that the Eagle company is 'smaller than everyone thinks' and is busy filling DOD contracts. (Most likely a true statement) and I keep getting the '2-3 weeks' answer to when my order will be filled. I guess the only thing I can do is wait it out. Being positive, I hope that it arrives soon. I will say that I feel like Lightfighter is doing their best to find resolution on a approx. shipping date. How do they day it....squat hold?
Rgr Hunter
Bco/HHC 1/75-'97-'03
Random Intensity
RLTW
Mitch
Ranger

Post by Mitch »

I work with a guy that bought some stuff from lightfighter and had nothing but good things to say about them. They also have a forum as well. It is no ArmyRanger mind you but a forum never the less and there are a very good posts about marksmanship and such over there.
RHQ 94-96, HHC 1/75 96-00
RS 12-95
Fireguy275
Ranger

Post by Fireguy275 »

Lightfighter.net, the only other military forum I frequent.
A 2/75 93-97
RGR 11-94
www.LMSDefense.com

Return to “Personal Gear”