New guy here JosephPDW

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

New guy here JosephPDW

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Hi everyone, just thought i'd introduce myself.
My name is Joseph and im 17 years old. I looking into the Rangers for my future. Thats how I came across this site. I thought it looked very imformative so I joined up.

I have a question about the ASVAB test. Is there any good tips on how to study for it. Ive seen a few study guides and I was wondering if it would help me out to get one.
Harris
Tadpole

Post by Harris »

Welcome to the site,
http://www.march2success.com/
some people find this helpfull.

If you have access to a local library/school library go ahead and borrow one of the books. j/w have you taken the ACT or SAT yet?
Slip away.
(Badmuther's Bitch)
being held hostage in sandhill...
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

I will be taking the SAT this year. Im not the brightest guy in the world but I should do ok.

So there really isnt much you can study for the ASVAB? I know that qualification for Rangers you have to get a pretty high score. I would really like to do well on it...
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

I think you need a 50 asvab, and a 110 GT score. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to get that. Just go take it. :)
MPC
Tadpole

Post by MPC »

I wouldn't worry too much about it, the AVSAB isn't very difficult. Basic reading, vocab, and arithmetic for the most part all of which you've hopefully learned in school. When you meet your recruiter you'll take a practice test most likely which will help determine where you stand. You can find sample questions on the internet, if they seem difficult ya may want to prepare but otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.
"And then I heard the Lord say, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?' And then said I, here am I, send me." Isaiah 6:8
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Alright, thanks for the info guys. I found some practice questions on the internet and they were very easy.
Not too worried about it now

Thanks to all who replied
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome to the board Joseph. Glad to see ya got yer question answered quickly and efficiently by the knowledgeable DEPer's.

I wanna take this opportunity to congratulate Harris, Weidert, ImportsRsloths, and MPC for a job well done.

Now ya see what the Rangers on this board go through every day. Ya did good guys.

I'm impressed.

RLTW
Bell
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

Find a recruiter you can take a very shortend version. When I took the shortend version I projected like a 59 or something terrible like that. At MEPs when I took the real thing I got a 74 (not the best but it'll do).
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

How many questions does the ASVAB consist of.
edk84
Embryo

Post by edk84 »

Its broken up into sections, with about 15 to 30 question per section I believe. You have your math and verbal and then some sections on electrical, mechanical, and other more technical things. It takes a little while to get through it all, but you shouldn't sweat it, its all basic stuff.
"Move swiftly. Don't whine. Try your hardest."
- from "The Hard Way" by Mark Jenkins
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

I think i'll need to mostly work on mechanics and math for the test. Everything else should be easy enough.

I live in LA county, near Pasadena

Return to “Introduction Archive”