CATEGORY IV PRIORITY... DUMBASSES.

Questions and Answers about obtaining an Option 40 Contract and other routes to serving as a Ranger in the US Army.
hit_it
Paratrooper

CATEGORY IV PRIORITY... DUMBASSES.

Post by hit_it »

It shames me to say this, but the Army has opened this category for you stupid motherfuckers to join our Army.

I had to go back and forth over whether or not I should even post this here, but I would be doing a disservice to the Army if I did not.

The category has been open for about 5 days now.

IT HAS ALSO BEEN AMENDED:

YOU MAY JOIN THE ARMY AS A HIGH SCHOOL GRAD WITH A 21 AFQT (SCORE). GED'S STILL REQUIRE A 31.ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE 3 LINE SCORE ABOVE 85 (e.g. 85 GT score) and not require a waiver above battalion level. MEDICAL DOESN'T COUNT.

Now fucksticks, let it be known that I do NOT agree with this. I'm a SFC so I'm gonna support my Army and it's decision to let you retards in.

However, do not think for one minute that you are going to get Option 40/18X contracts, nor that you even deserve them.

Veterans feel free to comment on this sticky as it is here as much for you as for prospective recruits.

Out.
Last edited by hit_it on September 7th, 2005, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

I didn't even know Cat 5 existed. I know Cat 4 is a real fucking dumbass. I think it's time for Ol' Sarge here to pull the pin.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

The Holmchicken wrote:I didn't even know Cat 5 existed. I know Cat 4 is a real fucking dumbass. I think it's time for Ol' Sarge here to pull the pin.
It Cat 4, properly annotated (per AR 601-210) as CAT IV.

But since you're an Inkeeper, Ranger.... well, you know. 8)
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

The Holmchicken wrote:I didn't even know Cat 5 existed. I know Cat 4 is a real fucking dumbass. I think it's time for Ol' Sarge here to pull the pin.
IV =4.
V = 5.

You were in 2nd Batt...right? Good.

As for Cat 4's, its basically a rock with lips. They are supposed to be able to drive trucks and do other mudane details of Army life not requiring any more intelligence than a pencil eraser. And if any of you who read this are Cat 4....Im not too worried...you can't read anyhow.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

And the first mishap has already occured for my station.

Stupid fucker signs his contract, and then while fingerprinting says to the intel people that he has an unpaid ticket.

CONTRACT CANCELLED

And that dumbass is wondering why.

More for my case about dumbasses in my Army.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Fuck. don't I feel stupid. Well, I guess you all know how I got in the Army.......
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
wellfed
Ranger

Post by wellfed »

Say it isn't so! This really sucks...Hit It..I feel for you...now the CSMs are really gonna say! There's no excuse for you not making mission! I can really relate with you on this a Cat IV is a little different prior to enlistment. AFQT of 21!!!? You have to be kidding! 31 for GED!! WTF. I bet a lot are going in without a job...Option 00R. That is gonna really screw things up for the army once they reach your squad and Platoons....Be afraid be very afraid. I know some of you have had a rock or two in your Plts, Cos...but this is like opening the flood gates..Mark my words when you receive these guys in about 6 months. The Army has always done a good job scrutinizing CAT IVs in the past. I put in on CAT IV in my 36 months at USAREC, and he had to prove himself (PT, willing to learn) Dad was Veteran..Kid was just (how do you say this?) a rock! He had the right attitude...Strong Heart, and you all have met those kind of privates (forest Gump type) but the 99.9% of these guys are walking fuckin sandbags..and hopefully their Plt Sgts will recognize it and take appropriate action to prevent these guys from getting someone killed. If you think the Army won't put them in the Infantry or other Combat Arms jobs, think again. No one is safe or immune. I received some Cat IVs when I was a PSG in Hawaii in 98 I had 4 out 5 chaptered for various dumb shit (smoking dope, psyche, AWOL etc.) They don't only waste your time away from training but they will also infect your platoon/companies with poison real quick if your not on top of it. My 2 cents worth.
"You're never beaten until you admit it."

RS 1-86
pjd
Ranger

Post by pjd »

Wouldn't it be better to start taking back some of us prior service studs with non-waivable disabilities? I'd rather have a paralized Audie Murphy watch my back than some brain dead slug who slipped through the cracks of his already sub-standard high school.

Just my 2 cents.
A 1/75 Rgr Regt 96-97
1/503 Inf Regt (AASLT) 97-98
Broke Dick @ WAMC 98-99
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Category closed for the RA.

Only open for the Reserve.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg

Return to “Recruitment Process”