Army has gone soft, are we getting even softer these days?

Basic & AIT
Silverback
Ranger

Re: Army has gone soft, are we getting even softer these day

Post by Silverback »

SSG Rock wrote:This is an email I received this morning. It spured me into thinking what does this guidance bode for the future of Army basic training and AIT?
Considering this guidance was written in 1879..

I have seen this guidance batted about over the years and it doesn't really say anything to me. I don't think it'll have any impact
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
wellfed
Ranger

Re: Army has gone soft, are we getting even softer these day

Post by wellfed »

He who feels the respect which is due to others cannot fail to inspire in them regard for himself, while he who feels, and hence manifests, disrespect toward others, especially his inferiors, cannot fail to inspire hatred against himself.

Surely, he doesn't mean us lowly enlisted folks...does he?
"You're never beaten until you admit it."

RS 1-86
ephi308
Embryo

Post by ephi308 »

i just got out of OSUT and the Drill Sergeants are tuff. I dont know how they used to be so obviously i cant compare past drill seargents with present day drill sergeants. However, my senior drill sergeants did say that their correction training has changed considerably. I am a 11C and with the help of our drill sergeants we achieved a class average of 92 on the gunner's exam. We had 37 out of 45 guys score expert. I made a 99, and we had 3 guys score a hundred. We practice our runs until 2100 every night. From my point of view i wouldnt say that basic and AIT is to harsh nor do the Drill sergeants display tyrannical treatment.
Last edited by ephi308 on September 17th, 2005, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

ephi308 wrote:i just got out of OSUT and the Drill Seargents are tuff. I dont know how they used to be so obviously i cant compare past drill seargents with present day drill seargents. However, my senior drill seargents did say that their correction training has changed considerably. I am a 11C and with the help of our drill seargents we achieved a class average of 92 on the gunner's exam. We had 37 out of 45 guys score expert. I made a 99, and we had 3 guys score a hundred. We practice our runs until 2100 every night. From my point of view i wouldnt say that basic and AIT is to harsh nor do the Drill seargents display tyrannical treatment.

So it's hugs and high fives now? Elevate your fucking feet.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

xray wrote:
ephi308 wrote:i just got out of OSUT and the Drill Seargents are tuff. I dont know how they used to be so obviously i cant compare past drill seargents with present day drill seargents. However, my senior drill seargents did say that their correction training has changed considerably. I am a 11C and with the help of our drill seargents we achieved a class average of 92 on the gunner's exam. We had 37 out of 45 guys score expert. I made a 99, and we had 3 guys score a hundred. We practice our runs until 2100 every night. From my point of view i wouldnt say that basic and AIT is to harsh nor do the Drill seargents display tyrannical treatment.
And it is Sergeant or Sergeants
At least SIX times you misspelled the word...You could have even used Sgt.
I feel so..... dirty....now.....

:lol: :lol:
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
The Holmchicken
Ranger

It's good to know that NCO Corps is stepping up and making fuckheads like this into soldiers......... :roll:
2/75 97-00

75th RRA
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

ephi308 wrote:i just got out of OSUT and the Drill Sergeants are tuff. I dont know how they used to be so obviously i cant compare past drill seargents with present day drill sergeants. However, my senior drill sergeants did say that their correction training has changed considerably. I am a 11C and with the help of our drill sergeants we achieved a class average of 92 on the gunner's exam. We had 37 out of 45 guys score expert. I made a 99, and we had 3 guys score a hundred. We practice our runs until 2100 every night. From my point of view i wouldnt say that basic and AIT is to harsh nor do the Drill sergeants display tyrannical treatment.

What happend to you? Did you quit RIP?
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Matador275 wrote:
ephi308 wrote:i just got out of OSUT and the Drill Sergeants are tuff. I dont know how they used to be so obviously i cant compare past drill seargents with present day drill sergeants. However, my senior drill sergeants did say that their correction training has changed considerably. I am a 11C and with the help of our drill sergeants we achieved a class average of 92 on the gunner's exam. We had 37 out of 45 guys score expert. I made a 99, and we had 3 guys score a hundred. We practice our runs until 2100 every night. From my point of view i wouldnt say that basic and AIT is to harsh nor do the Drill sergeants display tyrannical treatment.

Yeah, he called one of the instructors "Big Sparge' " becasue he didn't know how to pronounce or spell Sergeant.
2/75 97-00

75th RRA
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

The Holmchicken wrote:
Matador275 wrote:

Yeah, he called one of the instructors "Big Sparge' " becasue he didn't know how to pronounce or spell Sergeant.
Hahahahhahaaa.....
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

SHUT HOLE...NOW!
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Unknown wrote:
SHUT HOLE...NOW!
Let me guess, you got called "Big Sparge' " didn't you?
2/75 97-00

75th RRA
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

The Holmchicken wrote:
Unknown wrote:
SHUT HOLE...NOW!
Let me guess, you got called "Big Sparge' " didn't you?
How did I miss this beauty right here? :lol:

Return to “About OSUT”