MEPS

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

BeerForMe

MEPS

Post by BeerForMe »

goin to the hotel tonight and meps in the morning. I only scored a 107 on my gt score and 74 overall on the ASVAB. So i dont know that ill be able to get option 40 in my contract so im leaning heavily twards 12b with airborne. or 15S with airborne. lol anything but a leg :D
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

What are those? 12B and 15S?
BeerForMe

Post by BeerForMe »

Spartan wrote:What are those? 12B and 15S?
12b is combat engineer and 15S is mechanice on OH-58D kiowa warrior helicopter... basically one way of taking steps to get into the 160th
BeerForMe

Post by BeerForMe »

Michael.R wrote:Can't you retest if your score wasn't high enough to do what you want? I think you needed a 110 GT for an Option 40.

How many men crew the OH-58? Might want to look at the 15T also (UH-60). It has a 4 man crew including 2 15T's to man those bad ass mini-guns. At least I think it's the 15T that gets to do that job.
recruiter was givin me the run around about re taking my asvab..said "most ppl score worse on the 2nd time around and are stuck with the lesser score"
BeerForMe

Post by BeerForMe »

im gonna try for the option 40..if i dont get it ill take the 12B w. airborne. In a few years ill try for sf's maybe get 18c..but it would probably be best for me to grow up some before i try anything like that.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

160 would be a great place to grow up if you can get it. I would think either a UH-60 mechanic position would be great to get there, with Airborne School in your contract as well, as it is an Airborne unit.
BeerForMe

Post by BeerForMe »

thanks for the advice..Ill post up tomorrow night bout what i got
Doozerstick
Paratrooper

Post by Doozerstick »

recruiter was givin me the run around about re taking my asvab..said "most ppl score worse on the 2nd time around and are stuck with the lesser score"
When I got my asvab results back last year, I clearly remember a section that showed what scores you could expect to get if you took the test again, and they all showed improvement... Plus that just doesn't make sense anyway. So I don't know what your recruiter is getting at.
BeerForMe

Post by BeerForMe »

well FUCK..seems as though meps has lost my paperwork for my physical so i didnt get to go do my stuff tonight..go figure..i hurry up...then they wait..lol maybe tomorrow
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Maybe to your advantage!
USA1
Ranger

Post by USA1 »

Same thing happened to me. I went to MEPS four times before I got what I wanted.
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

BeerForMe- If you want to get a Ranger contract, you have to get a 110 GT score (not a 107)...... How bout you just re-take the test>!?!?! Why settle for second best? :?

Return to “The Mosh Pit”