What should I do since I do not have a Ranger contract ?

Basic & AIT
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

2nd week of osut I volunteered. So it happens. I don't know much beyond that.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
Morris0352
Ranger

Post by Morris0352 »

I'll check my journal but somewhere around week 8 they asked for volunteers for Airborne and RIP. 6 RIPies(without abn in their contract) were given RIP, I think that only 1 is left after airborne though.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Brad85 wrote:Would it be a bad idea to talk to one of my Drill Sargents and let him know Im looking to volunteer for RIP ?
I don't know why not. Of course, initially, your Drill Sgt. won't really give a crap. When you've proven yourself to him, he might be more inclined to assist you. But yes, I would let it be known that you want RIP.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

to give a different perspective, i went through c co. 2/19 this past summer, while i was in there there was never any mention about volunteering for RIP, although several people asked, nobody was able to directly volunteer for RIP. People aslo wanted to volunteer for Airborne school, but nobody got to volunteer, the slots that were available were give to outstnding soldiers, i.e., PT studs, Soldier of the cycle, expert marksmanship and so on, then 2nd week of airborne, there was a meeting for all companies in the d co dayroom with the Ranger liason, and basically, from what i heard, anbody who wanted to volunteer was able to volunteer there, i dont know if the liason does this all the time, or sometimes, or wether it was a one time thing. you might experience something totally different, but i went trhough all of this pretty recently, and although it could be different, it is probably just like I experienced it. just m,y perspective.
Harris
Tadpole

Post by Harris »

PHR are you still in limbo? How's you're medical condition coming? goodluck.
Slip away.
(Badmuther's Bitch)
being held hostage in sandhill...
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

8 days or reception at what, reception battallion HAHAHA, some people get fuck and are there for over 30 days, 8 days and youd be the luckiest man in the world, also you really only get to use the phone once, and you have a very limited time for the call, and you'll probably want to be calling family or something, so i would wait until basic and maybe bring it up to a Drill Sgt. that youd like to talk to the ranger liason, although id avoid asking until after the first three weeks of basic, so as not to get your nuts smoked for doing/saying something wrong to the Drill Sgt., because you inevitably will.

yes still in limbo, should be jumping again within the next three weeks , depends on when the next class starts up
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

PaleHorseRider wrote: yes still in limbo, should be jumping again within the next three weeks , depends on when the next class starts up
This time, bring along some Vagisil. :twisted:
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

Roger, i'll check in more often, i was going to aviod posting until at least graduated airborne school, until my g/f checks the messages on her cell phone and all the sudder i hear her say " Hey, Staff Sgt. Plavney called for you, says he's just checking up and to call him back" at first i was thinking it was a blackhat in A co. cheking up, then i realized, wait a minute....i know that name from somewhere else. how he got my g/f's cell number i dunno, unless i gave it to him but i dont remember doing so, anways i pm'ed Ranger Plavney and will call him back as soon as eveyone gets back from exodus.
wannabehooah

Post by wannabehooah »

Hey palehorserider, any chance you could be jumpin with bravo? We start Monday. I guess that would suck for you to be waiting that long though... These 3 weeks seem like they're gonna fly by, then it's off to the grinder.
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

no theres no chance of me jumping with bravo, i wouldve had to have been with you when you did your malfuncitons class and manifest, i'll have to wait 3 weeks, no big deal though, start getting back into the routine of running several miles every morning, drop myself for pushups every hour on the hour or more. prepare as much as i can for RIP. yeah im a holdover in alpha company, you guys got off easy the day you left for elave, we were supposed to be outt there at 1500, but then delta decides to come over and fuck that up, meanwhile about half of bravo gets released, and i get pulled for the tower lighting detail, didnt get outta there till 1800, lol.

Return to “About OSUT”