An update/thanks

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

jrw2692
Embryo

An update/thanks

Post by jrw2692 »

I haven't posted here in about a year. My last post was in regards to me recieving my third minor in possession of alcohol and how it would effect being able to enlist, security clearences, etc. I was sentenced to two years probation, community service, alcohol classes and random drug/alcohol testing. So obviously I was unable to enlist. The last post I wrote was dripping with ignorance and irresponsibility on my part. It was a reply from many of you and especially usaftacp that acted as a much needed slap to the face. [url]http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic. ... highlight=[/url]
Although not being able to enlist completley fucked up what plans I had going for me at the time, I've taken this past year and used it to my advantage. I'm going to a community college in Lansing that has direct transfer programs into Michigan State University. I've been working out alot and most importantly staying out of trouble, which can be hard living with four roommates. Im still planning t to enlist in the army as supervised probation is over in a couple of months. I know my chances at an option 40 are now slim to none, but hopefully airborne is still possible. Sorry for the length of this post but I wanted to really thank the members of this site for a much needed kick in the ass and for DEP's and anyone wanting to join the military, DO NOT make the same decisions I made.
JMK SF G-2
Tadpole

Post by JMK SF G-2 »

Stop drinking, dumbass. :roll:
And God shall wipe away all the tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death. Neither sorrow, nor crying. Neither shall there be any more brain; for the former things are passed away. - Revelations
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

JMK,

we rode him enough last year. It was ugly.

I'm glad he's gotten it together. Hope he does good by the Army in the future.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Stew86
Tadpole

Post by Stew86 »

jrw2692 PM sent.
BAC Class 38-06

"He who speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but he who works for the honor is a man of truth; there is nothing false about him."
-John 7:18
Top J
Tadpole

Post by Top J »

Good Luck
Top J
Active Duty Marine
22 years Airborne Grad.
MOS 2149,2142/41,8153,9962
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

Should be okay kid. I had legal problems as a minor too. And I had no problem getting a clearance. Just be honest with them and to yourself.
"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry

Return to “The Mosh Pit”