Greetings

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

nmuts02
Embryo

Best Forum

Post by nmuts02 »

The Rangers on here have given me the best true to life information I have been able to find. They give out valuable insight with minimal "smoking." I am AFROTC, but I am an ARMY DEP. The AF officer cadre left me disillusioned about the AF and led me to believe it was a branch of yuppies. From first hand experience I have learned the opposite, I no longer want to become an officer. I've learned 1000% more off of this forum than my recruiter ever told me. Although he led me to believe that Warrant Officer is a better path than Commissioned, I am still trying to figure that puzzle out. Any insight into this would be helpful.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

nonuts02-

1) Welcome to the site. Thanks for the kind words. It is always good to get feedback from you DEPers...especially when it's positive. There is a lot of experience in our BTDT pool and a lot of great information for those with the drive to find it properly.

2) I moved your intro to the appropriate forum.

3) Please select an avatar from the DEP gallery.

4) If you have an Option 40 contract, you will be hearing from Weedick (the DEP Option 40 Bitch), who will give you a special pass to the Troll Hole and help square you away.

5) Good luck.

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

I'll be watching. :evil:
nmuts02
Embryo

message understood

Post by nmuts02 »

I see what the difference is. The reason I chose ROTC to begin with was to try to get in military training. But AFROTC was a damn sight far from what I thought it would be. Army ROTC is the way to go, but alas, I just decided to go enlisted. All we did was march in circles, then go to eat pizza. I was picturing a far sight from that. But I leave on the 15th for Ft Sill for OSUT, then I start Airborne on May 5. I wont be back on here until I complete Airborne, so I should be back up and runing in early June. As for my avatar, this was the one assigned to me. Thus I just accepted it, and this is the one I would like to keep if possible. I look forward to swithing to a tactical icon as soon as I can earn that badge. Thank you for the help all of you. Your advice has helped me greatly in understanding what I am about to step into. Thank you!

Return to “The Mosh Pit”