Hot sauce

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Silverback
Ranger

Hot sauce

Post by Silverback »

:::Thread idea stolen from Ranger RTO:::

What brand of Hot sauce do you have in your house right now.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Here are the 4 that made the final cut (In my pantry)
Last edited by Silverback on June 18th, 2005, 7:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
RTO
BANNED

Re: Hot sauce

Post by RTO »

Silverback wrote::::Thread idea stolen from Ranger RTO:::

What brand of Hot sauce do you have in your house right now.
you prick! :D

wait a minute, I'll have to go check. At last count I was floating somewhere between 29 and 31 brands. About 2 years ago, I had hit 100, but gave many away.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

SnafuRacer wrote:I bought this one to an acquaintace of mine who is a conspiracy theorist at heat. He didn't get the joke.
Snafu...You're typing like you're at armyocs.com. Let's straighten it up a bit buddy.
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
msg_dman
Ranger

Post by msg_dman »

Reminds me of "Daves Insanity Wings" at Drum. So hot they hurt.
Ranger Class # 12-89
Merrills PSG 89-90
C/Co 4th RTB 90-92
USASOC Ft Bragg 01-06
Retired 1 Feb 2006

In Memory of 1LT Ben Hall - KIA 31 July 2007
JMK SF G-2
Tadpole

Post by JMK SF G-2 »

Although I have a multitude of sauces in the house, the BEST one is "Fire Roasted Habanero Hot Sauce". It is from the "Old Mesilla Valley Chile Co.", in Historic Old Mesilla, New Mexico. Good Lord, it is good! One of the keys with good chile/hot sauce is not only that it is HOT, but it has to be full of flavor, too. This particular sauce is SMOKIN' (Habanero), but delicious. I put it on everything, but it's best on Tacos.

Old Mesilla has some of the best chile you could ever hope for. 8)
And God shall wipe away all the tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death. Neither sorrow, nor crying. Neither shall there be any more brain; for the former things are passed away. - Revelations
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

JMK SF G-2 wrote: One of the keys with good chile/hot sauce is not only that it is HOT, but it has to be full of flavor, too.

I agree 100% Flavor is key, not just heat. It seems all too many sauces are only in competition for bragging rights, and just not giving a shit if people actually eat them or not. I also do not like sauces with an extremely high vinegary taste. OK, if you like that, but not for me.

Hot sauces I use everyday are anywhere from medium to very hot, but all have one thing in common. Flavor! As I said in another post, my current favorite is the regular strength version of "Mad Dog." Long slow burn forever!
Towedjmpr
Paratrooper

Post by Towedjmpr »

Best flavor around. Not to hot, not too mild.

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."

-- Dave Barry
JMK SF G-2
Tadpole

Post by JMK SF G-2 »

RTO wrote:
JMK SF G-2 wrote: One of the keys with good chile/hot sauce is not only that it is HOT, but it has to be full of flavor, too.

I agree 100% Flavor is key, not just heat. It seems all too many sauces are only in competition for bragging rights
A key point when considering hot sauces. I've tried some of the "burn the tongue out of your mouth" sauces. It really doesn't help when your taste buds are burnt off; it's not so much a matter of taste then. It's more like a competition.

Hell, I'll eat Jalapenos out of the jar. They burn and require copious amounts of beverage to recover (beer is good), but almost any flavor is lost to the burn. It's all really a delicate balancing act where chili's are concerned.
And God shall wipe away all the tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death. Neither sorrow, nor crying. Neither shall there be any more brain; for the former things are passed away. - Revelations
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Franks Red HOT (EXTRA HOT)

Decent, but I'm with TowedJmpr.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Towedjmpr wrote:Best flavor around. Not to hot, not too mild.

That hot sauce is so good I walked out of a mexican food place with a bottle (or two) of that in my shirt. I love that sauce!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
PaleHorseRider
Tadpole

Post by PaleHorseRider »

Cholula isdefinetly the best hot sauce around. The flavor is great, have to buy it when i go home to pennsylvania, they don't sell it around here for some reason. Mix it with some barbeque (original flavor) and put it on chicken.
Tastes fuckin outstanding.
D co. 2/327
No Slack
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

A guy here at work has a brother that competes in growing hot peppers. If it still says hot sause on the bottle then it aint very hot. They classify the really hot stuff as a food additive. That being said, I dont use that shit.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Horned Toad wrote:A guy here at work has a brother that competes in growing hot peppers. If it still says hot sause on the bottle then it aint very hot. They classify the really hot stuff as a food additive. That being said, I dont use that shit.
I think the "Food additive" arises from a law suit files against Dave's insanity sauce. I'm think about order a bottle of pure Cap
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “The Mosh Pit”