Swimming improvment

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
deleon275
Ranger

Post by deleon275 »

Yes, bring your boots and if you have canteens, bring those too filled with water.

In my opinion, the CWST is 75% water confidence and 25% swimming ability. I got better by doing what form most people use for the CWST and thats the side stroke. Make sure your non swimming shoulder is facing up and not to the side. Since you'll have a rifle, most of your push will come from frog kicking and you maybe get in a little if you move your arm right.
"When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy." John Boehner

''If we took away the minimum wage — if conceivably it was gone — we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level.''
GoardHeart
Ranger

Post by GoardHeart »

I had to take it at LDAC last summer, and I did it a few times before then. The part of the test where you have to jump in with all your gear on, drop your rifle and strip your LBE underwater before resurfacing is kinda tricky, I would practice that. Jump in and unclip and ditch your gear before you come up.
RS 05-07
1st ID 1-26 IN 9/07-09/09
3d U.S. Inf Regt 10/09-Present

OEF IX - Korengal Valley
bull2808
Embryo

Post by bull2808 »

Make sure you do all of this supervised. Swimming alone with equipment is a big no no.

Return to “About Army Physical Training”