cadets in ranger school

Three phases and 62 days of hell. This section named in honor of MAJ John Whyte who was taken from us on 04/17/05.
purplehaze
USAR

cadets in ranger school

Post by purplehaze »

I have been in korea for the past 11 months, I DEROS in a little over a month(can't wait but am going to miss the shopping and pay). I am currently on assignment to The United states Military Academy Prep school. I tried searching the site but haven't been able to find what I was looking for. I am wondering if anyone knowns if cadets at Westpoint can go to Ranger school. I have heard that they did at one point but stopped doing so. I am just looking for someone with a little knowledge on the subject to give me a confirmation. Also would this information be sent down in a Milpers messege since cadets are not really soldiers and are some where between a civillian and a new military recruit, (my fault if I didn't word that right).
14 Aug 2003 entered basic training Ft. Sill, 18 Dec 2003 graduated AIT.365 Eng BN Scranton PA. Enlisted active duty April 2004. Currently at 1RC Yongsan Korea. Rank PFC
Silverback
Ranger

Re: cadets in ranger school

Post by Silverback »

purplehaze wrote:I have been in korea for the past 11 months, I DEROS in a little over a month(can't wait but am going to miss the shopping and pay). I am currently on assignment to The United states Military Academy Prep school. I tried searching the site but haven't been able to find what I was looking for. I am wondering if anyone knowns if cadets at Westpoint can go to Ranger school. I have heard that they did at one point but stopped doing so. I am just looking for someone with a little knowledge on the subject to give me a confirmation. Also would this information be sent down in a Milpers messege since cadets are not really soldiers and are some where between a civillian and a new military recruit, (my fault if I didn't word that right).
NO!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

If you're going to WEST POINT :shock: just be good with that. All that hooah shit can come later, hot nuts.

You've been given the opportunity of a life time. Give THAT 100%.

You don't need Ranger School right now. You ain't going to war anytime soon.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
purplehaze
USAR

Post by purplehaze »

Roger that, I was just making sure. I know I need to concentrate at one thing at time. I will most likely have the oppurtunity once I graduate. Thank you for squaring me away Ranger Silverback and SFC Hit It.
14 Aug 2003 entered basic training Ft. Sill, 18 Dec 2003 graduated AIT.365 Eng BN Scranton PA. Enlisted active duty April 2004. Currently at 1RC Yongsan Korea. Rank PFC
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

:::THREAD CLOSED IN ORDER TO PREVENT FUTURE STUPIDITY:::
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “About Ranger School - In Honor of Ranger BattleBoar - RIP”