Sorry. Just can't show off enough.

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Vee
Ranger

Sorry. Just can't show off enough.

Post by Vee »

I love this thing.

If I didn't have this project to work on I would have killed someone by now.

I wish I had some "before" pictures of just three months ago when I took this thing out of the field it's been sittin in for years. Suffice it to say, you wouldn't know it was the same Bronco.

Brand new 5.0L from a 92 Mustang. Brand new because every component in it is fucking brand new.

This, believe it or not, is the original 1977 paint. It is amazing what 30 hours, some wet sanding and polish can do. As a matter of fact, other than the new motor and the wheels and tires, the whole Bronco is original. My mom gave it to me as a welcome home present when I got back from the Army. It had been my Dads, who passed away.

It's my baby now 8)

RSD 96-99
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

very nice, so if you water it will it ever grow up into a real truck :shock: :D
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Obviously you have NO experience with early Broncos. :roll:
RSD 96-99
Airborne Medic
Paratrooper

Post by Airborne Medic »

I say we put a 6-inch lift on it with some 33's and throw that BRAND NEW motor in a go cart and put a big block in it. We could run over cats and stuff. :twisted: :D :lol:
1/501 ABN INF
Anchorage AK
1991 - 1994
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Vee wrote:Obviously you have NO experience with early Broncos. :roll:
well if something isnt broke you dont fix it, since new broncos, do they even make new broncos, dont look like old broncos, must have been a problem

:D really, nice truck, anything that old in that good of shape is cool.
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Airborne Medic wrote:I say we put a 6-inch lift on it with some 33's and throw that BRAND NEW motor in a go cart and put a big block in it. We could run over cats and stuff. :twisted: :D :lol:

You couldn't even WISH that yer Ford looked that good. :roll:

It's got 31's on it already.....with a 6 inch lift I'd have to go to Super Swampers :shock:

Horned Toad wrote: well if something isnt broke you dont fix it, since new broncos, do they even make new broncos, dont look like old broncos, must have been a problem

:D really, nice truck, anything that old in that good of shape is cool.

I don't know why they stopped making it. The big ones suck. This thing will go anywhere.

I pulled a 3/4 ton Chevy with a cab-over camper out of a canyon one winter in hunting camp. 1 mile, damn near straight up. (Sand Coulee for the two of you that know it)

The guy looked at me kinda funny when I told him I was gonna do it. My Uncle's full size Dodge was sittin right next to the Bronco and he looked at it with hope in his eyes. :lol:
RSD 96-99
lawdog
Tadpole

Post by lawdog »

Vee wrote:I pulled a 3/4 ton Chevy with a cab-over camper out of a canyon one winter in hunting camp. 1 mile, damn near straight up. (Sand Coulee for the two of you that know it)

The guy looked at me kinda funny when I told him I was gonna do it. My Uncle's full size Dodge was sittin right next to the Bronco and he looked at it with hope in his eyes. :lol:
Sandy Coulee isn't that steep. C'mon man...the mountain goats don't mind it at all. Tell a real story next time.
“You got the right to remain silent, so shut the fuck up, ok? You got the right to an attorney. If you can't afford an attorney, we will provide you with the dumbest fucking lawyer on earth. If you get Johnny Cochrane, I'll kill ya!â€
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

lawdog wrote:
Vee wrote:I pulled a 3/4 ton Chevy with a cab-over camper out of a canyon one winter in hunting camp. 1 mile, damn near straight up. (Sand Coulee for the two of you that know it)

Sandy Coulee isn't that steep. C'mon man...the mountain goats don't mind it at all. Tell a real story next time.

:oops:

Okay.

ImageIt was winter....and rocky....and icy......and.......oh nevermind.

I'm sure yer fucking jeep would do it too :lol:
RSD 96-99
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

It looks good Vee. I hope you enjoy riding many miles in your Bronco.

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Steadfast wrote:It looks good Vee. I hope you enjoy riding many miles in your Bronco.

Next time you visit, our mountain trip won't be quite as plush.....but it will sure be more exciting :wink:
RSD 96-99
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

kinda mileage you get in that thing?
fireranger
Ranger

Post by fireranger »

Old school Broncos rock.
3 rd. Plt. C Co. 2/75 1993-1997, RS 10-94 (Navigators)

But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you?
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Vee wrote:
Steadfast wrote:It looks good Vee. I hope you enjoy riding many miles in your Bronco.

Next time you visit, our mountain trip won't be quite as plush.....but it will sure be more exciting :wink:
I want a spot with a good view. :lol:

How's about I be your hood ornament :shock: j/k :lol:

RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Spartan wrote:kinda mileage you get in that thing?
Around 15 on the highway.

Around town I don't know. I just fill it up once a week and I'm good to go.

fireranger wrote:Old school Broncos rock.

I agree.

Although, in the literal sense of the word, this one doesn't yet. AM radio with one speaker :lol:

Steadfast wrote: I want a spot with a good view. :lol:

How's about I be your hood ornament :shock: j/k :lol:

For you, Buddy?

No problem. :wink:
RSD 96-99
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Vee wrote:Obviously you have NO experience with early Broncos. :roll:
Looks like a "crack rental!" :lol: :lol:

Seriously, looks as good if not better than the resto Bronco project they did on "Trucks".

As attached as you are to your pride and joy, I feel for anyone if they get sideways into it........... :shock:

I don't know why Ford changed the platform either, it was one of the best they had.

Happy trails brother.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”