Author of forsakethetroops.info beaten to death.

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

rabbit of doom
Embryo

Author of forsakethetroops.info beaten to death.

Post by rabbit of doom »

And it looks like they're gonna take down the site this Thursday, fucker got what he deserved:

On Monday evening, the webmaster of Forsake The Troops was brutally assaulted by two men, thought to be members of the military, in response to their opinions about this website. Mr. Crook had been the target of numerous death threats and trespassers at his residence. All of these threats were saved and have been turned over to the authorities.
UPDATE:

At 6:19pm Eastern time, Michael Crook died of his injuries, after being rushed by ambulance to the leading hospital in the area for head trauma. The two men who allegedly assaulted him are currently in the custody of police. Mr. Crook died with his wife and infant daughter present.

It is therefore the decision of his family, and associates that Forsake The Troops goes offline, to prevent further incidents of violence and threats against his family. Therefore, this domain will permanantly go offline at around 5pm Eastern time, on Tuesday, May 17th, 2005.

Comments, and well-wishes may be addressed to noc@smishosting.com. Media inquiries (no interviews with family at this time), or sincere inquiries from well-meaning people may be directed to (315) 558-4372.

Leave a voice mail message and your call will be returned by our media representative. The family requests privacy at this time.

http://forsakethetroops.info/
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

I think it's another stunt by this guy! The site he runs, Coming out of the closet and then this????
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Joseph PrettyDeepWater
Ranger

Post by Joseph PrettyDeepWater »

Ranger Silverback is probably right, but I still have my hopes up. :lol:

~Joseph
RIP Class 02-07
RS Class 09-07
C co. 2/75 Jan 07- Sept 07
D co 2/75 Oct 07- Aug 10
OIF/OEF
Mentored by Ranger Hoover
Mentor to stoicism
Ain't nothin to it but TO DO IT!!!
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Silverback wrote:I think it's another stunt by this guy! The site he runs, Coming out of the closet and then this????
I have to agree. As much shit as this guy has stirred up, and there is not a single mention of him on Google or Yahoo news.

Edit:

So I just looked on just about every web news outlet for Syracuse (where the sphincter slave is supposedly from) and found nada.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

Fuck him anyway....

And not in the fun sense of the word.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Bell

Post by Bell »

When ya ask for it long enough......

RLTW
Bell
ShotUp
Soldier

Unbelievable

Post by ShotUp »

If I were to believe this story...

A few days ago I looked at this guys website, on the tab I believe was called Shoot Back, where people could write into this guy.

One letter was supposedly from some soldiers that I think were from Ft. Drum, that said they were coming to find him, and teach him a lesson. The guy pretty much taunted these soldiers, and said if they ever showed up they'd be very surprised. If this story is of complete truth...

Would it be safe to say the author of Forsake Our Troops is the surprised one?
02-08 1/128 INF BN
Oilpatch
Tadpole

Post by Oilpatch »

I'm hoping it was some kind of polesmoker love triangle thing.
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

Silverback wrote:I think it's another stunt by this guy! The site he runs, Coming out of the closet and then this????
The article sounds like his writing, and who would revise his website so quickly and completely?

I'm with you on this, Ranger Silverback. I smell a skunk.
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Rabbit...if yer wrong we'll fucking bludgeon you!
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

He was just an obnoxious puss with a loud mouth. If he cared for his life, he would of armed up and trained up to be ready to defend his life and freedom of speech, instead of just running his cockholster.

Proof positive that the 2nd Ammendment trumps the 1st as the more important freedom. :wink:

======================
Edit: There is NO NEWS on Google News Search on this as of yet. It could be that he just couldn't take the heat he was generating any longer and this was his solution to get out from under it.
jsmurphy
Tadpole

Post by jsmurphy »

Smells like bullshit to me too.

But I'll toast his death anyway, just in case. :lol:

Cheers, Fucker. You got served...
11B20 leg grunt. OSUT Benning '80. B 2/13 FRG '81-'83. B 1/58 Benning '83-'84.

Fuck the UN
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

jsmurphy wrote:Smells like bullshit to me too.

But I'll toast his death anyway, just in case. :lol:

Cheers, Fucker. You got served...
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

I think he's goin offline, but more importantly, I think somebody "really scared the shit outta him" and it got a little too close for comfort. In spite of his website I think the real issue are those that would intimidate this man to believe (speculation of course) that his life was in danger.

We may not agree with the content of his site, nor the mindset of this individual, but I don't believe any of us would support threating somebodies life in spite of there thoughts, I hate the KLU KLUX KLAN and all that they stand for and have done against not only my people but innocent civilians, but I never would condone ANYONE to threaten their lives, because each individual has a right to believe and profess what they believe to be right and just in our society as long as it does not infrige on the rights of others.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Return to “The Mosh Pit”