New DEPer Reporting in

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

USA1
Ranger

New DEPer Reporting in

Post by USA1 »

I like to introduce myself. My name is Ray, I am 21 and from New York. I have been a member of this forum for a few months but mostly just as an observer. I hesitantly signed up in August with an 11x option 4 contract because option 40's were unavailable. I went to MEPS yesterday and got option 40 added on to my contract. I leave Febuary 10th for basic and can't wait to get started on the long, hard road ahead of me.
Ray
Tadpole

Post by Ray »

Welcome.
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

Good luck man! I'll see you there since I leave feb. 10 too :lol:
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

You two can be spooners!
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

Ranger Disinfertention - How's the lady scene outside of fort benning for a 20 year old male on a weekend?
Disinfertention
Ranger/Admin

Post by Disinfertention »

Depends on how outgoing you are. Im not really in on the whole scene yet because I'm not old enough to do jack shit. I can tell you that there are way too many dudes hangin around here. Its like a constant cock party. But there are girls out there. Just gotta go find 'em. I've seen a few, just really arent many around here that are smokin'.
USASOC 2015-2023
HHC 2/75 2012-2015
HHC & Cco 1/75 2010-2012
OCS Cadre 2007-2010
Cco 3/75 2003-2007
Ranger School 09-04
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

ohhhh.... so that's why you recommended the "spooning" with another man method... :shock: :)
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

Has Ft Benning changed that much? It used to be a pretty good place for women. Now being under age may slow you down but a good Ranger always finds a way to find women.

Now you non-Rangers will have to try harder but if you want to be with the best you have to try hard and never give up. I drove down VD drive about a year and a half ago and it didn't look much different. Sometimes you have to find the places away from post to find better women.

Ranger2
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

You're on dangerous ground, Import. Careful where you step, this whole Dep zone is one giant minefield...and our FO's have preplot on your ass. TRP's are everywhere. :evil:

In fact, Import, since your mind is on sluts instead of business....
You have a homework assignment. Find out what a TRP is and post a reply NLT 1600hrs, 25 NOV. That's a whole friggin' day for one simple task; submit your findings and include: 1)What is it? 2)Why is it important? 3)How is it used?

tick-tock tick-tock.....
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

damn, DEP professional development. good stuff , RANGER SALTBITCH.

i'll give you a hint, import:

a TRP is not TRANVESTITE RUNNING POGUE.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

Ranger Saltbitch- A TRP is a Target Reference Point. It is used as a reference point to fire upon whether it be mortars or missiles. It is very important becuase you can set TRP's at important terrain features in the battlefield. For example, if the only place the enemy can cross a river at is on a certain bridge, it would probably be best to set a TRP on that bridge so that if the enemy attempts to cross it, their attempt does not work out to well as it gets bombarded with munitions! :)

I hope this is the answer you were looking for but if not, I need a good smokage :evil: !! Also, I heard that IF you make it through a Ranger Saltbitch smoke session, you get a special award pin to put on your BDU's 8)
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

You are correct, Import. However, why would you destroy a perfectly good bridge just to bag some towelheads? Indirect fire systems have come a long way since the first arty/mortar systems. You could just as easily destroy the enemy without hitting the bridge. Your bonus question is this: What technique would you utilize to accomplish this; given that your TRP is still the bridge? Hint: it is a call for fire technique.

Return to “Introduction Archive”