The Pit

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

mr.goodwrench83
Embryo

The Pit

Post by mr.goodwrench83 »

My brother-in-law (who was a former pathfinder) was telling me about a sawdust pit that you could go to and fight your drill sergant if you had problem with him. Is this true?
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Yah, sure it is. Just challenge your drill sergeant to 'Master of the Pit' if he pisses you off. :lol:
Last edited by Spartan on November 16th, 2003, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

They did away with the sawdust pit a few years ago. Since then, there are two correct ways to handle a problem with your Drill Sgt. First, you can offer a challenge verbally at any time, in any terrain, by simply stating something like, "Drill Sgt., with all due respect, you are talking out of your ass and I will not tolerate your abusive demeanor...I challenge you to a test of physical superiority." Second, you can write your problem down and give it to the 1SG at early formation...you simply break formation, approach the 1SG, hand him the note, and then return to your spot.

These new proceedures were done because it was costing the Govt. too much in maintaining the sawdust pits (trees are not as plentiful as they once were, hence higher prices for sawdust).

RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Flesh Thorn
Ranger

Post by Flesh Thorn »

Yep, that is the correct attitude to take with your Drill Sergeant.
A Co. 3/75 Ranger Regt. HQ Section Dec 85-June 86.
HSC USAITC June 86-April 88
NAVSEA, 2014 to Present

Psalm 144:1 A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
mr.goodwrench83
Embryo

Post by mr.goodwrench83 »

Thanks for clearing that up Rangers.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Dear MOD,
It has come to our attention that the sitebitch, aka Strider/Weirdart/Buttdart, does not engage in exercises for the mere mortal. It would seem that lifting inanimate objects in excess of his body weight is the only acceptable exercise for him. He firmly rejects your demands of pushups. He said that he will PM you with a list of acceptable exercises as they fit into his workout routine.
ImportsRsloths
Ranger

Post by ImportsRsloths »

So strider, what are your arnold shwarznegger like measurements??? :shock:

Biceps" ?
Chest" ?
Calves" ?
height?
weight?
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Careful, that's Gov.-Elect Schwarzenegger to you... :roll:
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Saltbitch wrote:Careful, that's Gov.-Elect Schwarzenegger to you... :roll:
Dammit! I hate doing this....

He was sworn in today SB - It's officially Governor Schwarzenegger whose first mission is to educate the entire state on the correct spelling of Schwarzenegger.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Leatherneck wrote: Negative, EP. The reg just changed. New reg states you should start off by stepping in front of the platoon, and ordering them to parade rest first. Then, take the DS quietly aside and explain the problem. Seems they don't want DS's being embarrassed in front of the platoon anymore.
Ya know LN, I believe you are correct (again)....seems like I recall reading something about that...makes perfect sense.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Hotsuma wrote:I changed it, is using your own against regulations btw? hehe, TheGuy hardly checks internet type things, but you may of scared him lol.
I'll let either Ranger Saltbitch or Ranger Disinfertention take command of your young misguided soul. I don't have quite the patience as those two Rangers do. Please follow their guidance with respect to an appropriate avatar selection for yourself.

Evidently, you cannot follow the directions I provided, so you can follow theirs. Have a nice day. Be happy. No worries. :twisted:

Return to “The Mosh Pit”