Beware of posers

Hand to Hand, Combative Skills, etc...
SD
Embryo

Beware of posers

Post by SD »

These are some of the websites operated by the "ex-Spetsnaz", "Stalin's falcons", "former Spetsnaz instructors", etc.

They have been ripping people off by selling bullshit stories. :evil:
They ("Spetsnaz instructors") are posers, and liars. None of them has ever served with any of our units.
I've seen one of the "instructors" getting his jaw broken by a buddy of mine in Moscow.

I wouldn't want you to spend your hard earned money on those scumbags.
They are not worth even a SINGLE dollar off your pocket!
The sheer amount of bullshit coming from them simply amazes me!!
:evil:

http://www.russianmartialart.org/

http://www.ermaa.com/

http://www.spetsnaz-gru.com/

http://www.russianmartialart.com/

http://www.systemamartialart.com/

I'm sure there are more. These are just the ones I easily found.
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

We don't particularly take kindly to posers round here either :wink:
RSD 96-99
Spigot

Systema

Post by Spigot »

SD,

So is there really something called "Systema" that was used by any formation in the Soviet/Military/Intel establishment, or is it just commercial BS?

When I was a Company Commander in West Germany in the good old days of the Cold War, I read whatever I could regarding the Red Army and Spetsnaz. I was under the impression that Sambo was the unarmed MA of choice.

Just curious...I have no dog in this fight. I have studied Korean systems and Krav Maga myself.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

International posers .....whodathunkit ? :wink:
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
SD
Embryo

Re: Systema

Post by SD »

Spigot wrote:SD,

So is there really something called "Systema" that was used by any formation in the Soviet/Military/Intel establishment, or is it just commercial BS?

When I was a Company Commander in West Germany in the good old days of the Cold War, I read whatever I could regarding the Red Army and Spetsnaz. I was under the impression that Sambo was the unarmed MA of choice.

Just curious...I have no dog in this fight. I have studied Korean systems and Krav Maga myself.
"Sistema" is a general term and its translation depends on different factors.

In the instance of those posers, I'm not judging their skills. They might be good at whatever they teach. My problem is with the way they present themselves. They try to give a more "sinister" image by using very vague terms, and all out lies. I guess they are just marketers, doing everything possible to sell their services to foreignors. Of course, they wouldn't do it in Russia, because they will be quickly called out by the real service members.

You are right, Combat SAMBO was the basis, but was further modified.
Spigot

Systema and posers...

Post by Spigot »

SD,

I understand fully...thanks for the clarification.

We have this problem because the American public continually wets its collective pants over anything marketed as "...developed and used by Special Operations black suited NINJA killers...", whether it's unarmed self defense, edged weapons, or firearms.

There are "real deal" warriors and schools out there who provide cutting edge training. Serious students will find out who they are and will train with them exclusively.

The bullshit that people will buy into never ceases to amaze me.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Kung fu is cool but nothing beats a 5.56
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Spigot

Gun-fu

Post by Spigot »

Roger that Ranger Silverback...

Gun fu will take care of bid'ness every time!
Stickman
Tadpole

Post by Stickman »

I keep up a lot with the MA community( studied for 12 years - Koden Kan Karate under Scott Newman, Wing Chun Kung Fu under Sifu Ben Derr, student of Mater Ken Chung and Choi Li fut under Sifu Lau). I was reading some of the "testimonials". None of the guys on there are "known" internationally. Also one said he studies Kali, yet he fails to identify his teacher ( which is VERY important for lineage and credibility).

Maybe they are good at what they do, but after looking at it, I know I wouldn't check it out. The way they advertise is wrong, they just show a pic then you mouse over and it changes. They should show step by step a few things that would help show how it is special.

Just my $0.02.
A 2-505
C 1-506 Camp Greaves, S. Korea

Have you seen my keys to Area J?
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

I tell ya, on that first link I went to the videos, te first one cracked me up. That was great. :lol: :lol:
It's all good.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

Stickman wrote:I keep up a lot with the MA community( studied for 12 years - Koden Kan Karate under Scott Newman, Wing Chun Kung Fu under Sifu Ben Derr, student of Mater Ken Chung and Choi Li fut under Sifu Lau). I was reading some of the "testimonials". None of the guys on there are "known" internationally. Also one said he studies Kali, yet he fails to identify his teacher ( which is VERY important for lineage and credibility).

Maybe they are good at what they do, but after looking at it, I know I wouldn't check it out. The way they advertise is wrong, they just show a pic then you mouse over and it changes. They should show step by step a few things that would help show how it is special.

Just my $0.02.
Stickman...Bet you can't guess what I'm going to say next!
Kiltedheathen wrote:Shut fuck up!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"
Stickman
Tadpole

Post by Stickman »

Ranger Silverback before I clicked on the thread I knew what you were going to say, and Now I am doing as instructed.
A 2-505
C 1-506 Camp Greaves, S. Korea

Have you seen my keys to Area J?

Return to “Close Combat”