I'm disapointed, No I'm pissed!

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

motherinlawtobe
Tadpole

I'm disapointed, No I'm pissed!

Post by motherinlawtobe »

Rangers: The last time I posted my daughter was happily engaged. Seems as though her fiance wanted to teach her a lesson in how to be engaged/married to an Army Ranger - lesson is as follows.
Gone for 2 weeks (she knew about this, he told her) can't call you for that time (training), keep in mind this is perfectly ok with daughter. Gets back from exercise - calls her right away for a couple of days. Now the "test" begins. No calls for days (has told her this can happen, she's ok with this). She leaves him a voice mail "hope everything is going well and hope your are ok). No return call. Gets a message that he's back, has been, never went anywhere else. And now this is the kicker - calls her from a party after she calls and asks "whats going on?" he says who do you think you are, you need to learn this is the way it can be, I may not call you for days or you might not see me for days. It's the way life will be! (all this while he's at a party, girls and guys laughing and carrying on - and she can hear all of this). "Maybe we need to think this over, gotta go. (hangs up on her. She calls back leaves a voice mail says" I'm thru, we're thru. (Keep in mind this is the 4th time he's pulled stuff like this) He calls her back says who do you think you are, God? F*&)(*)* You.
Now I have a broken hearted daughter, for the 4th time, but this time it's worse. She was willing to wait to attend college, and move where he is, set up there house and settle in and then go on to school.
I know this is long winded of me, but tell me this is not how these young men are trained or taught to think/treat women.
:cry: Miltb
Viking
Ranger

Re: I'm disapointed, No I'm pissed!

Post by Viking »

Where is this taking place at?

Whether this guy really is in Battalion or not, your daughter needs to move on. Clean break and get on with her life.
A Co, 3/75 92-95. RS 9-93
motherinlawtobe
Tadpole

Re: I'm disappointed.

Ranger Viking: So true, that's exactly what her dad and I told her. But with matters of the heart easier said than done, and takes time.
Thanks for reading my post, just needed to vent.
Miltb
Viking
Ranger

Post by Viking »

No problem. Hope for the best for your daughter.

Which Battalion is this guy in?
A Co, 3/75 92-95. RS 9-93
Spartan

Re: I'm disapointed, No I'm pissed!

Post by Spartan »

motherinlawtobe wrote:I know this is long winded of me, but tell me this is not how these young men are trained or taught to think/treat women.
:cry: Miltb
That training takes place in the course of someone becoming a person and a man. There is "no special Ranger training on 'how to treat women'", as it seems you're suggesting, ex-MILTB.

Quite frankly, it sounds like the person your daughter hooked up with is not the best man for the job. Not everyone who serves as a Ranger is perfect and as humans, we all have our own faults.

It sounds like she's already made a bad choice in putting her education aside. She should take care of that first so she has more control over her life and choices open to her in the future. But that's just my opinion.

I guess in a way, this is an important part of life's education.

Best of luck to you and to her.
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

You'll probably have a hard time finding anyone to touch this one with a ten ft pole, MILB. Nobodys want to get involved in a lover's spat.

I will tell you a short story about myself though. I was in 1/75 in Savannah, and life stops in Savannah for St. Patrick's Day. I had a serious GF back home at the time who later became my first wife. During St Patrick's Day "week" of '97, she spoke to me maybe a grand total of 90 seconds over 3-4 phone calls over a week long period. "Hey. Everything's good. Gotta go, there's beer to drink. Later." And that's pretty much all she got over Patties Day. Noises in the background. Chicks screaming. Buddies telling me to get off the fucking phone and I could talk to the bitch next week. The gamut. Rangers work hard and party harder. That's his life. If I would have taken the time over Patty's Day to call her, and she gave me shit over anything, she would have gotten the boot right then and there (and it would have saved me a horrible marriage to the psychotic bitch).

If he's in 1st Batt, it's St Patrick's Day. Keep that in mind. It's their life. They'll work it out.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

To clarify, I not defending him per se. If he's being a pecker head, then she should give him his walking papers. But if he is partying with his Brothers during the Pat's Day celebration, and your daughter is getting all wrapped around the axels about voices in the background, then maybe the required trust level isn't there yet. Just a thought.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

Well, looks like she's been saved from marrying an idiot..Smart guy would have turned his phone off!!! :shock:
Think i'll stay out of this one.
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

What gave you the impression that Rangers were trained for anything other than war?
This is simply none of our business.
If any of our mothers-in-law were to post our business on the internet there would be a rapid exit excercise in full effect.
The US Rangers, with all due respect, are not held accountable for this.
You're daughter has an issue with her boyfriend, not our Ranger.
Hell, we don't even know if the bastard is a Ranger.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Well...it seems that staying out of this one is a ....prudent move.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

blueskiesalways wrote:Well, looks like she's been saved from marrying an idiot..Smart guy would have turned his phone off!!! :shock:
Now that's a reason to smoke the bastard!
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
fireranger
Ranger

Post by fireranger »

Kilted Heathen wrote:
blueskiesalways wrote:Well, looks like she's been saved from marrying an idiot..Smart guy would have turned his phone off!!! :shock:
Now that's a reason to smoke the bastard!
This stuff was much easier before the invention of cell phones.
3 rd. Plt. C Co. 2/75 1993-1997, RS 10-94 (Navigators)

But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you? I make you laugh? I'm here to fuckin' amuse you?
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

I cannot concieve you even thinking that some kid, treating your daughter badly is IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM related to Ranger training.

I'm sure you're pissed, but you need to step back and think about how silly you're question is.
RSD 96-99
Kelly-Belly
Tadpole

Post by Kelly-Belly »

It happens alot, people back out of relationships at the drop of a hat. He's not ready for commitment, tell your daughter to go to college and focus on HER life. Things happen, she'll get over it. PM me if you have any other questions.
Kelly

This should be you...that they call Incredible...
motherinlawtobe
Tadpole

Re: Disappointed Motherinlawtobe

Ranger Creeping Death and Ranger Kilted Heathen: Please excuse me, in my ranting and raving I wrote at such a level as to accuse Rangers of training men on how to treat women. That was ignorant of me.
Ranger Vee: You are correct it was incredibly silly of me to post such information on this site. Ranger Spartan: You are correct her education and taking care of herself for her future should be first, unfortunately one makes sacrifices for those that you love. But rest assured she is now how do you Rangers say - Squared away. She'll be fine. This was just her mother hurting for her.
Blueskiesalways: I'm glad he left that cell phone on, now there are no doubts. Ranger Creeping Death: It was not St. Patricks.
Sorry if I missed apologizing to anyone.
Thank you
Miltb

Return to “The Mosh Pit”