new here

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Bell

Post by Bell »

No hard feelings? That's fucking hilarious. I wish he could see that. Aaahhh shit. My beer is still foaming.

RLTW
Bell
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

That was pretty cool!
ParaPete
Embryo

Post by ParaPete »

We damn sure enjoyed creating it. :)
B Co. 2nd Platoon, 2/508 82nd Airborne from 1983-1985.
In 1986 door gunner 82nd CAB
mipuke
Tadpole

Post by mipuke »

Damb fine saluet for that dumb ass.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
VANGUARD
"NO FATE" T2
Bevo It's Whats for dinner!!!!

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Jumper208 wrote:Just to show we harbor no hard feelings towards LRRSscout, we at Pnet paid a tribute to him at our gathering at my place here in Red Lion.

http://www.jumper208.com/pnet_pics/pic040.jpg
I speak sign language Jumper 208. I read it all LIMA CHARLIE!
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
LowCrawler
Tadpole

Post by LowCrawler »

Can someone tell me...
why do people bother posing??? It just doesnt make sense...especially the ones who are active duty posers, do they just want to be court martialed THAT badly??? And why pose as something youre not, especially a Ranger. Even if you do get all kinds of pats on the back and recognition you still know for yourself that its all naught because you lied to get it.
I just really never understood what would motivate someone to do something like that. Maybe someone with a bit more insight can give me some kind of answer.......
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke

"We make war that we may have peace"
-Aristotle

"A post a day keeps the smoke away"
-Doc
Bell

Post by Bell »

Bill Spies with WAR and Daniel Villareal with SOTT have received emails informing them of the two boards decisions to ban this guy. Daniel wanted more info so I sent him a link to the thread on this board where he was banned.

I don't know what they'll do with it but they have it.

Might link up with this guy anyway. He reminds me of Appolyon?? Is that right? Can't remember these guys once they're gone. He held out until we were almost convinced he was telling the truth. Persistence broke him down and he confessed right on the phone out of the blue. I think this guy's "military buddies" need to be informed of what's happened. I will make every effort to attend the SOTT meeting in October. Any of you Texas guys wanna make a trip?

RLTW
Bell
ParaPete
Embryo

Post by ParaPete »

LowCrawler wrote:Can someone tell me...
why do people bother posing??? It just doesnt make sense...especially the ones who are active duty posers, do they just want to be court martialed THAT badly??? And why pose as something youre not, especially a Ranger. Even if you do get all kinds of pats on the back and recognition you still know for yourself that its all naught because you lied to get it.
I just really never understood what would motivate someone to do something like that. Maybe someone with a bit more insight can give me some kind of answer.......
I believe that it is an insecurity issue. Some weak minded people have this deep need to be popular and looked up to. To satisfy this, they will do anything that will help them achieve this goal, even lie if they have to.

Just look at Steven Segal. When his first movie came about he started dropping hints that he did work for the CIA, which of course was complete bullshit. He felt this great need to be looked up to and pretended that he was the character he portrayed.

All guys like this forget that badges or other things do not make the man. You can get a guy who hasnt been through any special training, or seen any combat, who in a time of urgent crisis, under completely miserable conditions or great hardship, performs stellarly. Its that indefinable thing the army likes to call "Intestinal Fortitude". Some people have it and some don't. I am not going to try to argue whether or not it can be trained. Frankly, I just don't know if it can or cannot be. All I can say for sure is that some people are just born with it.

I knew this one guy that was a LRRP in Vietnam who definitely has it. He made a really funny comment to me once. He said, combat does not make the man, it only exposes the weak. LOL!

In any case, that is my .02 cents on posing.
B Co. 2nd Platoon, 2/508 82nd Airborne from 1983-1985.
In 1986 door gunner 82nd CAB
archangelranger
Ranger

Damn, Bubba...

Post by archangelranger »

... you are one mean drunk, even if it is on White Russians!

Where ya' been? I shot you an email a couple of weeks ago!
2/325 AIR 86-89
XVIII Abn Corps 89-92
ODF 1992-2002
Back on the job where I belong 2002-present
Ranger Class 11-87
Jumpmaster Class 4-89
Desert Storm 1990-1991
OIF 07-09 (2-1-1 CDO SPTT, Oct-Nov 2006)
Back from Camp Cupcake, Kuwait, drawing fire in Atlantastan
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

dude i have been out of the net for bit i will be back on benning 1 july!
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself

Return to “Introduction Archive”