Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Finally, a response.

D, I want you to sit down and in 250 words or less, please tell me what you are doing to prepare yourself for service in the 75th Ranger Regiment. Please address your training and physical fitness. I noticed you are working as an intern -- include this experience. Also have you seen a recruiter? To be completed by midnight tomorrow, 17 April 2007.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
DBram
Embryo

Post by DBram »

To Rangers It May Concern,

I am preparing for service in the 75th Ranger Regiment by putting out as hard as I can; mentally and physically. When it’s cold and rainy, I run. When it’s hot and humid, I run. When it’s hailing, I run. When I feel like throwing up, I smile and push on. Nothing can stop me. I want to be a Ranger.

I am transferring to University of Southern Florida next semester and am going to join in on ROTC. I have many friends down there who are going into the military; so working out with them will be huge for me. I will be preparing for Ranger school by doing group PT 3 times a week, being in ROTC at USF, and excelling in everything I do. I am working as an intern for www.apexadventureguides.com right now, but this will be ending soon as I am transferring to USF. I am just doing paperwork for them right now. Not doing any real guiding, unfortunately.

I am an avid outdoorsman. This summer I will be backpacking around Australia and New Zealand for 3 ½ months, living in the outback and experience some pretty extreme conditions; from the Franz-Joseph Glacier to hiking the Waitomo Caves. I will be carrying a 50-60 lb pack with me this whole time. For 2 of the months, I will be on a National Outdoor Leadership School trip. We will be learning leadership skills, navigation, orientation, map reading, teamwork, and technical skills. I believe all these things will help me in the 75th Ranger Regiment.

-D
BANNED - COME BACK WITH YOUR SCROLL and/or TAB.

14May2007
DBram
Embryo

Post by DBram »

Ranger Jim,

I have seen a recruiter. However since I am transferring to USF for ROTC; I will not be enlisting so soon.

-D

14May2007
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

DBram wrote:To Rangers It May Concern,

I am preparing for service in the 75th Ranger Regiment by putting out as hard as I can; mentally and physically. When it’s cold and rainy, I run. When it’s hot and humid, I run. When it’s hailing, I run. When I feel like throwing up, I smile and push on. Nothing can stop me. I want to be a Ranger.

-D
DBram wrote:Ranger Jim,

I have seen a recruiter. However since I am transferring to USF for ROTC; I will not be enlisting so soon.

-D
Soooooo What does this tell me in a very short 2 posts? ANyone else care to comment?

Go work at the Tastee-Freeze and save someone the effort of trying to square you away.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Bravo57 wrote:

-D

-D
Soooooo What does this tell me in a very short 2 posts? ANyone else care to comment?

Go work at the Tastee-Freeze and save someone the effort of trying to square you away.
Apparently he does not know the difference between attending Ranger School & joining the 75th Ranger Regiment. Tells me he knows jack-shit.

His words above

Code: Select all

When it’s cold and rainy, I run.  When it’s hot and humid, I run.  When it’s hailing, I run.  When I feel like throwing up, I smile and push on.  Nothing can stop me.  I want to be a Ranger.
are being said just to appease us. They mean nothing to him.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Bravo57 wrote:

-D

-D

Here's your scoop killer.

Have at it.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
GSXRanger
Ranger

Post by GSXRanger »

Again... as before... fucking turd.
RS 08-91
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

Going backpacking in New Zealand? Great, my planned escape destination away from douchebags and look who's showing up. Thanks for ruining my day.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

-D
Ok, understand. Now let me explain a couple thngs for you. If you want to serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment, you limit your opportunities by attending ROTC. Reason being is that there are only a few officer positions; and the competition for them is fierce. Following graduation and commissioning, you will have a good chance to attend Ranger School as a Lieutenant. Your ability to negotiate your assignment with Infantry branch will depend on your class standing. In most cases, Lieutenants attend the Ranger course and then go off to serve in one of the combat brigades, be it Mech, airborne, leg or Streiker. They will never serve in the Ranger Regiment.

On the other hand, you need to understand that there are a good number of enlisted soldiers in the Ranger Regiment that have a degree. While I have not seen statistics, I would guess that most serving soldiers have some college. You could have learned all this had you taken the time to use the search feature on this site. Now, get to studying -- ears and eyes open. Mouth shut.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
DBram
Embryo

Post by DBram »

I will be taking an infantry MOS and applying for Rangers down the road.

14May2007
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

If you are going to pursue an Infantry commission, so be it. As I mentioned earlier, your selection for Ranger School as a Lieutenant will be based on your class standing in college.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

Why don't we have an avatar that Yawns?
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
DBram
Embryo

Post by DBram »

I will not be pursuing a commission. I will not be pursuing a college education. I will be enlisting and shipping in September.

14May2007
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

DBram wrote:I will not be pursuing a commission. I will not be pursuing a college education. I will be enlisting and shipping in September.
uh huh... I knew it... no, don't worry about it, it's not about you...
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

KW Driver wrote:
DBram wrote:I will not be pursuing a commission. I will not be pursuing a college education. I will be enlisting and shipping in September.
uh huh... I knew it... no, don't worry about it, it's not about you...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA

Return to “Introduction Archive”