Hurricane IKE

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:I was pretty worried about the ducks out at Andy's Ranch, and then I remembered that they can float.
Yeah but now you know why the chickens sit up in the trees. :lol: Apparently they (the chickens) were practicing for storms like Ike.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:I was pretty worried about the ducks out at Andy's Ranch, and then I remembered that they can float.
yeah, them, and witches.... and very small rocks...

my mom's a stone's throw NE of the Ranch and she has new firewood, dad's in Spring and no damage, no flooding, no power... weird.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

IDon'tCare wrote:Like we need more rain.........
Hey B57 it's almost done... :lol:
No shit. Chicago's flooded. Kind of funny to watch on T.V.

Texted HakWee Rgr. He said the storm did some pretty good damage to the bar he works at. No lights at his house, but G2G.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Appreciate the calls, love letters, and voicemails. Bad ass storm for sure. Ididnt go through much really. Back fence blew down, the one that I shot peanut the cat off several times. Gunna have to fix that. Back neighbor REALLY doesnt like to see me take a leak. Go figure. Fucking Puritan.
One of my employees got smoked pretty bad. Flooded, lost alot of her furniture, and keep sakes from her wedding. Just got married a couple of months ago. Told her, you didnt have shit so starting over should be a piece of cake. Been helping a few others with shingles, debris, ect...I gotta quit this nice guy shit.

Went to the ranch to shoot with Rico, Invictus and Another Damned Texan but....they didnt come. Loaded up tools, chain saw, 40 gallons of gas,and headed for the in need employee's houses. Ranch had -0- damage, zero rain....all good.

Im good guys, just busy as a mother fucker now spreading the love of GRITS, dog cussing idiots, and taunting those who need it. People being especially stupid and paniky in Houston. Must have had 50 offers to but the gas off my truck....one said...."so wutcha gunna do if I jes take it"? :lol: :lol: I merely replied, if there is a God in heaven you WILL try.

Appreciate all your calls and stuff. Doing good, bro's. You too Sista's. Need to get laid bad. 8)
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

Rock Island Ranger wrote:Appreciate the calls, love letters, and voicemails. Bad ass storm for sure. Ididnt go through much really. Back fence blew down, the one that I shot peanut the cat off several times. Gunna have to fix that. Back neighbor REALLY doesnt like to see me take a leak. Go figure. Fucking Puritan.
One of my employees got smoked pretty bad. Flooded, lost alot of her furniture, and keep sakes from her wedding. Just got married a couple of months ago. Told her, you didnt have shit so starting over should be a piece of cake. Been helping a few others with shingles, debris, ect...I gotta quit this nice guy shit.

Went to the ranch to shoot with Rico, Invictus and Another Damned Texan but....they didnt come. Loaded up tools, chain saw, 40 gallons of gas,and headed for the in need employee's houses. Ranch had -0- damage, zero rain....all good.

Im good guys, just busy as a mother fucker now spreading the love of GRITS, dog cussing idiots, and taunting those who need it. People being especially stupid and paniky in Houston. Must have had 50 offers to but the gas off my truck....one said...."so wutcha gunna do if I jes take it"? :lol: :lol: I merely replied, if there is a God in heaven you WILL try.

Appreciate all your calls and stuff. Doing good, bro's. You too Sista's. Need to get laid bad. 8)
Good to hear Andy!
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

BadMuther wrote:
Rock Island Ranger wrote:Appreciate the calls, love letters, and voicemails. Bad ass storm for sure. Ididnt go through much really. Back fence blew down, the one that I shot peanut the cat off several times. Gunna have to fix that. Back neighbor REALLY doesnt like to see me take a leak. Go figure. Fucking Puritan.

Good to hear Andy!
X2. 8)
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

Although I've never met you, I'm glad you came out of this unscatched. Thanks for the offer of assistance for my Mom.

Other than some minor damage, she's doing just great. She's now contemplating relocating up to my AO! :D
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
K.Ingraham
Ranger

Post by K.Ingraham »

Great to see you're GTG!
http://www.75thrra.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2d Bn U.D. for 75th Ranger Regt Assn

2d Bn(Ranger)75 Inf 1975-'77
RS 9-76
Former mentor to RANGER XCrunner.

"I am well aware that by no means equal repute attends the narrator and the doer of deedsSallust ‘The Catiline Conspiracy’
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Zonk 1/75 wrote:
KW Driver wrote:
yeah, them, and witches.... and very small rocks...

my mom's a stone's throw NE of the Ranch and she has new firewood, dad's in Spring and no damage, no flooding, no power... weird.
Hope Andy wasn't turned into a newt! :shock:
He'll get better ....
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

Oh yeah.. Im good to ya fuckin' assholes....the eye wall cruised right over my house. Just got power back on int the office (beltway and 290 in Houston.) I live a bit north where we got slammed like a virgin on prom night.

No power for 2-4 weeks, lost two trees and have three holes in my roof... Me I can deal.. the wife and kid... Not liking it so much.

Appricaite all the well wishes cock suckers
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....
BruteForce
US Army Veteran

Post by BruteForce »

Ranger175csar wrote:Oh yeah.. Im good to ya fuckin' assholes....the eye wall cruised right over my house. Just got power back on int the office (beltway and 290 in Houston.) I live a bit north where we got slammed like a virgin on prom night.

No power for 2-4 weeks, lost two trees and have three holes in my roof... Me I can deal.. the wife and kid... Not liking it so much.

Appricaite all the well wishes cock suckers
My apologies. I should have thanked you and Andy for offering to provide assistance should the need arise.

Sounds like you had the same "luck" as my mother. I keep telling her it could have been worse. She just paid $800 and got the roof repaired and the tree removed. She had power back the day after. Sounds like you're on the other side of the city.

I hope you've got a generator for the extended power outage. If I were closer, I'd let you use one of the two gen-sets that I own.
US Army 1986 - 1994
InfoSec/InfraGard/NetGuard (1994 - Present)
Random world and Adventures of BruteForce
Bravo57
Ranger

Post by Bravo57 »

ComEd (the company I work for) is sending like 40 Crews to Houston. They should be there this week.

Shoot me a PM if you don't have lights by Friday, and I'll see if any of our crews are working near your address. If so, I can most likely get them routed to you.

Can't promise quicker lights back on, but will try to help as much as possible.
B Co. FIST 3/75 Rgr Rgt.
1991-2000
RS 9-92
Task Force Ranger 1993

For those who fight for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.
Ranger175csar
Ranger

Post by Ranger175csar »

Bravo57 wrote:ComEd (the company I work for) is sending like 40 Crews to Houston. They should be there this week.

Shoot me a PM if you don't have lights by Friday, and I'll see if any of our crews are working near your address. If so, I can most likely get them routed to you.

Can't promise quicker lights back on, but will try to help as much as possible.
Now that would be SA-WEET. I have Entergy and the expect date for my power in the 25th-29th. I do have a 7000W Gen hooked up. Only running esentials keep gas use as low as possible.

Im in zip code 77385 its a woodlands comunity but Conroe zip.
Collins

1/75 HHC 94-96 S-4
RIP CLASS 7-94

Fuck em if they cant take a joke.....

Return to “The Mosh Pit”