Ninja's Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Deathy McDeath
Embryo

Post by Deathy McDeath »

I thought this was quite funny:
Ninja wrote: They say I'm taking the "easy" way out.
Laugh at them,because whoever told you this is full of 7 different kinds of shit. The military (Alll branches) will most likely be the hardest thing you'll ever do. Years of your life given to hard work, low pay, poor living conditions (In most cases), and general buggery is definately not what I'd call the "Easy way out". But Im not saying it wont be gratifying, not at all. It will be, without a doubt, the best "3/4/5/however long you decide" years of your life. Hell, I've only been in about 2 years, and I wouldnt change a thing.
But I'm just sick and fucking tired of being told how to live my life
Whoa, stop right there. You do realize that in the military, people are ALWAYS going to be telling you what to do? Food for thought. Im not trying to dissuade you, but you may need to rethink the previous position,
...and of all the assholes who are against the military
Amen to that.
All my family just tells me that the military brain washes you
ABSOLUTELY. The military brain washes you to make you a more effective combatant. They mercilessly drill into your head how to move, think, and fight. They teach you what its like to be a true American, not one of those bastard scum who decry the service that we render to them. To quote the (Excellent) movie A Few Good Men, "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post"
My teachers and guidance counselor tell me I'm "too smart to go into the military."
Well, there's always the Intel field.

In all seriousness, your heart's in the right place, but you just need a little more attention to detail. As in, realizing that this site is run by Rangers, and is for Rangers. Anyone who is not a Ranger is merely a guest. That (Among other things) is why we treat them with the reverance that we do. Its all a part of showing respect, something which you will learn very quickly when you enter the military.

Consider this a good primer for that.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome and good luck.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Black 6
Ranger

Post by Black 6 »

rough start, you need to pay attention to detail. it may seem anal, but if you just rush through every thing, you can forget vital things, some of wich your life may depend on.

you have to make your own mind up about the military, if not then youll hate it. we can tell you all the hooah stories that make it sound like the perfect life. but we can also tell you stories that could scare the shit out of you and make you run like a little girl.

good luck, and welcome
2/75 Blacksheep 92-93, 1/9 93-94
1759 society member

"You will know me by the scars I bear.
You will know me by the hate I swear."-OTEP

01010011 01110000 01100001 01110010 01110100 01100001 01101110 00101111 01001000 01100101 01110010 01101111 00101110
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

Deathy McDeath wrote:I thought this was quite funny:
Ninja wrote: They say I'm taking the "easy" way out.
Laugh at them,because whoever told you this is full of 7 different kinds of shit. The military (Alll branches) will most likely be the hardest thing you'll ever do. Years of your life given to hard work, low pay, poor living conditions (In most cases), and general buggery is definately not what I'd call the "Easy way out". But Im not saying it wont be gratifying, not at all. It will be, without a doubt, the best "3/4/5/however long you decide" years of your life. Hell, I've only been in about 2 years, and I wouldnt change a thing.
But I'm just sick and fucking tired of being told how to live my life
Whoa, stop right there. You do realize that in the military, people are ALWAYS going to be telling you what to do? Food for thought. Im not trying to dissuade you, but you may need to rethink the previous position,
...and of all the assholes who are against the military
Amen to that.
All my family just tells me that the military brain washes you
ABSOLUTELY. The military brain washes you to make you a more effective combatant. They mercilessly drill into your head how to move, think, and fight. They teach you what its like to be a true American, not one of those bastard scum who decry the service that we render to them. To quote the (Excellent) movie A Few Good Men, "I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post"
My teachers and guidance counselor tell me I'm "too smart to go into the military."
Well, there's always the Intel field.

In all seriousness, your heart's in the right place, but you just need a little more attention to detail. As in, realizing that this site is run by Rangers, and is for Rangers. Anyone who is not a Ranger is merely a guest. That (Among other things) is why we treat them with the reverance that we do. Its all a part of showing respect, something which you will learn very quickly when you enter the military.

Consider this a good primer for that.
McFruit has some points. For a more seasoned perspective refer to that private message that I sent you.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
Ninja
Embryo

Post by Ninja »

I finally pulled my head out of my ass and made a decision. Not one person I have spoken with supported me enlisting. I feel like it might be right for me, but if that many old timers and veterans are telling me I should get my degree, then I should probably get that damn degree. I am going to give 'em hell to make sure I get to be an infantry officer though. I will settle for nothing less.

I've been doing a whole lot of research on infantry officers and they are actually required at some point, following the completion of IOBC and Airborne to attend Ranger School. From there I suppose you get assinged to a unit where you work as a platoon leader. From there I don't know where exactly I'll be headed, but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself. I'll focus on one task at a time.

I am, however, somewhat disappointed that I won't get the chance to serve with the 75th; only the chance to attend the school. In my reading of this site I have learned that serving with the 75th is much more difficult (and satisfying) than just attending the school, but I'll take what I can get. Nevertheless, I plan on giving it my 110%, and then some - where ever I may go.

I'd also like to ask if the information on the following website is accurate. While doing some research I came across this and it explains the role, and path, of the infantry officer in more detail. I know not every source is reliable especially when it comes to websites.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ ... /usaic.htm

Finally, I'd like to thank all the Rangers and other members of this site that have offered me advice; be it negative or positive. It did help me a great deal. I would like to again sincerely apologize for my previous posts. I was completely out of line, and got off on a bad foot. I completely sent the wrong impression of myself. I'm actually a pretty squared away, hard working individual, but I am humble enough to know that I have a lot to learn. When the day comes that I become an officer I won't be some dumbass who throws his rank around like he's hot shit. I know to learn from my NCO's and to lead by example etc. Thanks for the kick in the ass, I needed it.
Silverback
Ranger

Post by Silverback »

ALL STOP!

Reminder: This is a Ranger site! If you are not a Ranger you are then considered to be a guest! All guests will contain their need to slap OUR DEPs around and allow the future Rangers to be mentored by Rangers!

Ninja you will not post again for 48 hours, I am also disabling your ability to utilize PMs. You beter STOP, DROP and ROLL you are all fucked up as of right now!
RC 2-87
3-75 84/85, 95/97
"thnks 4 pratn merku!"

Return to “Introduction Archive”