Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

If equine-excreter keeps spewing his verbal diarrhea and arguing with Rangers, I would like to respectfully request fire from a moderator with the 'god' gun to ban this guy, puhleez.

Angry
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

Hold Fire there Angry, I think we'll work the retard out of him.

However, if I were him....I would let this thread die by not answering to any more posts....i.e., making himself look fucking stupid. I think that I would go into hiding for a couple of weeks and read and read and read, and search and search and search.

Only then to re-surface to ask legitimate, well thought out questions that pertain to becoming a Ranger. Questions that couldn't be found after manipulating the search button in every possible way.

I sure wouldn't re-surface to talk about why knifes aren't the primary weapon system or some retard shit like that.

I sure as hell wouldn't recommend he keep trudging down this movement to contact lane.

But then again, that is me.

However, if he isn't at all like me.......We will let our brother Angry call in CAS on that ass and spector him into oblivion.
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
Parabellum
Ranger

Re: Intro

Post by Parabellum »

earning the Ranger Beret and eventually the Tab.
It is not just about the beret. And the tab is only a school.
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
RideGrrl
Tadpole

Post by RideGrrl »

Dublo wrote:HorseDick,
I appreciate and acknowledge the fact that you are intelligent and mature enough to contain yourself when answering attacks.

But, it all boils down to the fact that you didn't finish your tour with the Navy.....because you did at one point want to try and become a Navy Seal. You can say otherwise all day......but it was your hand that signed the papers.

What I want to know is what are you going to say....if all of a sudden you decide that you don't want to try and Ranger anymore. Are we putting sand in your eyes.

Because, I am going to tell you that Rangers aren't the ultimate best fighting force that there is. There are some that are better. You are going to be marched for 30 miles....maybe with a break, maybe not. You are going to walk that 30 miles fast....finishing it in 8 hours.

You won't be able to walk the next day most likely, because all of the skin will be gone from your feet.....but you will have to. There is nothing glorious about any of that.

You won't feel like you are anything special while you are in. I am saying that in all honesty. You will feel like you are the biggest piece of shit for the first year.

You will be too tired and busy to think that you are special. Then after your first year....you will be too numb and accustomed to the lifestyle to think that it is anything great. There will even be times that you will envy the shit out of the regular Army. Because those motherfuckers get paid the same that you will, and have to put up with 1/8 of the shit that you will have to put up with everyday.

You won't be able to pick up any bitches in the area because you are a Ranger....because too many Ranger Alpha/male motherfuckers have already touched their lives in some way. Hell 2/75 has been in Washington since 1974.....there is a pretty good chance that all of the women that you will run across near Ft. Lewis, has either had some Ranger cock, or their mom, sister, aunt, one of the females in her lineage has had a Ranger fuck them and leave them.....so they don't want a thing to do with you.

There is no glory in being a Ranger other than the fact that others will look at you and know that you will finish what you start....be it a fight, or a career move.

There aren't any wishy washy people in there....if they sneak past the guards.....they will be eaten alive in the Dogyard.

Rangers don't quit.....they can't. Everyone is watching. You know who gets the most glory out of the Rangers? The legs that live across the street from them. Their imaginations take them on fantastic journeys as to what it would be like within the fences of the Ranger Battalion.

But, they imagine wearing the title, without the blisters. Wearing the blisters is what being a Ranger is all about....but I couldn't tell that to the legs that are in the Army, and I sure as hell can't tell a Navy quitter on the internet what being a Ranger is like.

What I can tell you though, is that quitting is only hard the first time....then all of your integrity is blown, and you can do it again, and again.

I know that you are going to disagree with me...y'all always do. You are going to say something like..."Well, I am different from all of the other guys that quit....because this is something that I really want, and I will die before I attain it."

It's the quitter song.....and there is no copyright on it......anybody can sing it, and many do.

Put the fuck up, or shut the fuck up. We don't want to hear it (or in this case read it) we want to see it.

Being the best of the best.....shit, if you have enough time to sit back and tell yourself that you are the best of the best.....then you just lost that title. You will train so much that you don't give a shit anymore.

Being a Ranger is a cancer....because when you are in the process of being a Ranger....it is all you want....then when you are a Ranger...you keep waiting for the glory of it to happen.........Then you get out, and realize that the glory was there, but you were just too busy to see it.

All of those things will eat a hole in you.

I just don't think that you get it.....it is going to suck really bad...and that is the reward in itself.

I think this is one of those "blue in the face events" so I am just going to leave it at that. I am tired of typing.

For what it's worth from a civilian point of view, I think this was about the clearest statement describing what wanting to be a Ranger is all about, that I've read so far. Thanks for posting it.
mipuke
Tadpole

Post by mipuke »

So Horse nut's
You give this NAVY VET the feeling that Your mind over matter story sounds more like a night of drunken stupidity. If you are so mentally sound "HOW COULD YOU FALL FOR A RECRUITER'S BULL?" As for not full filling your contract. It sounds like every other whining Seaman recruit that didn't stand up in meps a say this is what I want to do!
You quit so get use to it!

Vanguard
Last edited by mipuke on September 9th, 2004, 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"NO FATE" T2
Bevo It's Whats for dinner!!!!

Bell

Post by Bell »

uuuuhhh.....Welcome.

RLTW
Bell
VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

Bell wrote:uuuuhhh.....Welcome.

RLTW
Bell
Brother,

I couldn't quite get that out. This dude is some kind of something... But I am thinking Dublo's got it well in hand. Did you get my message????

Godspeed,
usaftacp
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
proud dad
Tadpole

Post by proud dad »

I agree with Ride Grrl's post concerning Ranger Dublo's description of what it feels to be a Ranger and I appreciate that I have read it. Thanks Ranger Dublo.
"Dad, these guys don't hate Americans anymore."
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Dublo wrote:Sorry McD,
I have two barrels and they both fire at the same time. I never flag anyone that doesn't need to be shot with them though.
No need for the Sorry. I respect a straight shooter. From what I've read you pick your targets quite well.
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

Well, I talked this over with all my horses and they are extremely upset that this tool has the word horse in his screen name. I think that his name needs to be changed to NAQuitter or NApeterpuffer, anything else would be more appropriate.

I am at a loss as to why this guy really thinks anyone cares about his sob story, who the fuck with any shred of pride would sit there and write all that stupid shit.

I think that quitter boy needs to shut the fuck up, only ask questions related to getting ready for RIP (that after an extensive search of the forum), post some class dates of when he will be in RIP and then not say anything else till we get a “Yes I passedâ€
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

No problem Ridegrrl, and Proud Dad.....I sure didn't expect a hemming to turn into useful information.

I appreciate the fact that y'all took the time to read through that garbage, sometimes when I'm bored....I get a little carried away.
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
SkyShark
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Post by SkyShark »

[quote="Bell"]uuuuhhh.....Welcome.

RLTW
Bell[/quote]

THAT IS FUCKING FUNNY!!!!
It's all good.

Return to “Introduction Archive”