My Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

YO!!!

THIS IS A PIC OF WHAT WE LOOKED LIKE AND WHAT WE WOULD HAVE TOLD YOU WITH THAT LAME INTRO WHEN WE WERE YOUR AGE!!!

When you're in Ranger Country know that some things just never change :twisted:
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

RangerJurena wrote: I wish I had some adivce for you, but here is what worked for me, when I thought I was going to quit, when my jungle boots were filled with blood and I was carrying all that fucking gun gear because we never had 3 man gun teams and I was starting to fall back I some how managed to reach down, grab my balls and realize that I had to complete this road march. Why? Three reasons:

1. My Chain of Command required it.
2. My Country Expected it.
3. The Legend of the Airborne Ranger Demanded it!

That and one only has to be butt stroked in the K-pot once, to get their ass in gear!
Words to live by brother....words to live by....
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
IDon'tCare
Ranger

Post by IDon'tCare »

RTO wrote:He's a good kid. Leave him be. In PM's he has been extremely respectful to me and has a 'friend' that some of you may be meeting soon that is a contractor for "Blackwater" and may have been in Somolia in the early 90's as well.
Roger that RTO. Welcome.
A co 2/75 80-84
Ranger class 12-82
SERE Instructor class 1-83

Mentor to Prodigy922 / KW12 / whiskeytango
Capellanus
Ranger

Post by Capellanus »

Welcome,

If you want to practice medicine among the Special Ops community then I suggest that you begin to emotionally prepare yourself as you enter into you studies. All the technical skills in the world don’t mean jack if you can not perform under extreme pressure and trauma. In combat you will be forced to make life and death calls in which you will have to live with. In the civilian world of hospitals and multiple staff and unlimited resources most people will survive most traumatic injuries, however, in combat you will have to triage and decide how you will do the most good with the limited resources and supplies at your disposal.

Soldiers and Rangers will not look to you to be a PT stud. In truth, they can care less about you PT scores. What they do care about is your ability to save their A@!# in their time of need. You will need to maintain a calm spirit while all around you is chaos. You will need to be mentally and physically fit to endure long hours of little or no sleep and still be able to perform your job at a moments notice. Lives depend on it! You will need to operate under extreme conditions (hot and cold) with little or no visibility. During night operations, your hands become your eyes. You must be able to give IVs by touch not sight and intubate a person by feel.

I commend you for you desire to serve our community in this capacity but know up front that it is a mentally and physically challenging role. Volunteer as much as you can in the ERs and go and purchase “Bagdad ERâ€
RGR Capellanus
6th RTB (Jun 12-present)
2/75 Rgr. Bn. ( July 10-Jun 11)
1-32 IN, 3BCT, 10th MTN, DIV (07-10)
B Co. 1/75 Rgr. Bn. (92-97)
RGR Class 8-94
OEF (Aug 11-Dec 11)
OEF (Oct 10-Jan 11)
OEF IX/X (Jan 09-Jan 10)
"As Iron sharpens Iron, so one man sharpens another" (Proverbs 27:7)
Mblova
Embryo

Post by Mblova »

Ranger Capellanus,

Thank you for your advice. It is well taken by me.
To give a bit more info about my background, I have been volunteering in the ER since i was 15, and have been an EMT for almost 4 years(this August will be 4 years). I have had a decent amount of trauma patients and i can attest to what you have said. Its high pressure times where one as an EMT cannot mess up.

-On Baghdad ER. The ROTC program at my school had the Head trauma surgeon of UPENN hospital give a lecture on Trauma. He joined the Army Reserves and was sent to the Baghdad theater to operate on the wounded(civilian and military). The stories he told and the adivce he gave was spot on, and was similiar to yours.

Thanks for the advice Ranger Capellanus.
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Re: My Intro

Post by cams »

cams wrote:
Mblova wrote:Hey guys heres a short intro:

20 year old from New Jersey. I am currently enrolled in NROTC. Joined the forum so i could post. Ive been reading around and am just interested in what kind of pt the rangers go through and general chit chat. Ill be mostly reading and just post if i have a question.
I don't know what the hell you've been reading but you're a NOGO in your intro drone.

You want general chit/chat go to fucking Yahoo.

Oh ya, welcome. Go unfuck yourself and try again.

Thank you very much.
Good kid or not. He ignored his directions completely, never corrected his intro, and thought that if he just started PMing Rangers (RTO) after 2 goddamned posts', he could escape the open range of the barracks hallway.

FUCK HIM. Take your questions and your fucking 'MB-Lova' gangsta pussy ass bullshit somewhere else.

I can see putting up with fucking drones because they're new and have a lot to learn, fine, we all did, but if they don't even have an OPT40 contract or are a DEP needing good straight forward advice, no fucking way! This kid's NROTC, an it ain't got a goddamned thing to do with us.
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Looon
Ranger

Re: My Intro

Post by Looon »

cams wrote:
cams wrote:
Mblova wrote:Hey guys heres a short intro:

20 year old from New Jersey. I am currently enrolled in NROTC. Joined the forum so i could post. Ive been reading around and am just interested in what kind of pt the rangers go through and general chit chat. Ill be mostly reading and just post if i have a question.
I don't know what the hell you've been reading but you're a NOGO in your intro drone.

You want general chit/chat go to fucking Yahoo.

Oh ya, welcome. Go unfuck yourself and try again.

Thank you very much.
Good kid or not. He ignored his directions completely, never corrected his intro, and thought that if he just started PMing Rangers (RTO) after 2 goddamned posts', he could escape the open range of the barracks hallway.

FUCK HIM. Take your questions and your fucking 'MB-Lova' gangsta pussy ass bullshit somewhere else.

I can see putting up with fucking drones because they're new and have a lot to learn, fine, we all did, but if they don't even have an OPT40 contract or are a DEP needing good straight forward advice, no fucking way! This kid's NROTC, an it ain't got a goddamned thing to do with us.
Totally agreed.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando

Return to “Introduction Archive”