Colored and whites in the Ranger Regt.

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

Your right it is a stupid topic. It isn't about the color. The blood is all red and the scroll is Red, Black and White unless it is on your BDU's.

I have trouble believing the arguement of muscle density anyway. All Rangers or most who are going to be Rangers don't have much fat on them anyway.

Ranger2
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

Ranger2 wrote:Your right it is a stupid topic. It isn't about the color. The blood is all red and the scroll is Red, Black and White unless it is on your BDU's.

I have trouble believing the arguement of muscle density anyway. All Rangers or most who are going to be Rangers don't have much fat on them anyway.

Ranger2
Look at Badmuther. :?
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
SkyRaider

Post by SkyRaider »

Why are there few minorities in the Rangers? Well to begin with many choose support MOS's when they first enlist. Rangers are made up of mainly 11B,11C MOS's. This leaves few slots for support MOS's. You will find that most minorities are assigned to HHQ company where they have slots for cooks, motorpool, supply, and other non infantry MOS's. If more blacks went the 11B route there would be more of them at the Bn's. One of my Squad Leaders was Black as was one of my RI's. They were both awesome Rangers. As a Squad Leader I had two blacks rangers in my squad. Both who were great soldiers, but found that having difficulty swimming sunk their chance of ever getting tabbed.
RRDTm3
Ranger

Post by RRDTm3 »

Loomis!
A co 3/75
RRD
RIP/PRC
Ranger Instructor 4th RTB
H co LRS
WTC
MUTC
#8-91

"I will never out rank stupid people"

Mentor to Myself
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

This is getting kinda old.

Bottomline: Are there a great many "prospects" who are Black fail the swim test YES

Does that mean because of that Blacks in general don't have what it takes to become Rangers NO

ARE THERE SOME PEOPLE WHO THINK OTHERWISE? YES

Does a persons RACE make a damn bit of difference at RIP/BN/PRE-RANGER/RANGER SCHOOL? NO! You either got what it takes or you don't

Is it a problem in terms of Black representation in the Rangers? That all depends on your perspective, however I will say this damn much.

Of all the Rangers I have EVER FUCKIN KNOWN, not one of them ever asked me if I was qualified to be there. Why? Because each and every one of us has to pass the same fuckin tests, requirements, background checks, stamina, and every other thing that we have to go through in order to make it to our respective Ranger Units. I like many others before me, proved that I belonged, and EARNED my way to BE THERE! Just like every other White, Black, Hispanic, Asian, Philipino, Indian, and any other Friggin Race you can think of! AS A MATTER OF FACT I ALWAYS FELT LIKE I BELONGED THERE! I later went to a group unit (3rd Bn/12 SFG) and I sure as hell knew I didn't belong there.... Why? Because I was a Ranger and that's all I ever wanted to be!

I believe that WE (in general), are MEN who share a common bond, many of us are considered assholes to some, however we pride ourselves on committment, doing things right the first time, and believing that we can get the job done AND TAKE CARE OF FUCKING BUSINESS when many others believe that they can't! We generally don't have time nor waste time on Bullshit! If you want to try and seperate us into "catagories or slots", that my friend will only strengthen our resolve to FUCK YOU UP!!! (though I be the lone survivor)

GET IT!?! :evil:

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!!!
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Moni D

Re: Colored and whites in the Ranger Regt.

Post by Moni D »

Apprentice wrote:Using the term "Colored" is considered a racist name for black now of days...
so is black to some people
To some the only "PC" ( :roll: ) term is African-American, which I detest b/c many are not african descent and MOST cannot trace roots TO africa.
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

DAVIDBEADLE wrote:we pride ourselves on committment, doing things right the first time, and believing that we can get the job done AND TAKE CARE OF FUCKING BUSINESS when many others believe that they can't! We generally don't have time nor waste time on Bullshit!
Well said Ranger DavidBeadle. These traits are admirable in any person( not just Rangers).
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

LET'S DROP THE FUCKING SUBJECT!Everyone knows that Regiment is made up of mostly whites. That is something that probably will never change, the nature of the beast ! You can sit there an anaylize the fact that there are not alot of minorities. Whatever the reason I don't give a fuck. Just like my Ranger buddy DB stated above no one questions it because they have had to do the same shit as everyone else. But if you are an outsider and decide you got something to say...prepare for a BOOT PARTY. :evil:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

Atta way AB. Well said.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Roger that Ranger H8train. :shock: Perhaps a moderator could/should lock this topic.
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
rgrjoe175
Tadpole

Post by rgrjoe175 »

H8 Train wrote:LET'S DROP THE FUCKING SUBJECT!
So does muscle mass have anything to do with it? :lol:

DB has some good points but he is just a dumbass Ranger like me, I would like someone with brains to answer the question :)
1/75 80-83
Class 6-81
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

rgrjoe175 wrote:DB has some good points but he is just a dumbass Ranger like me, I would like someone with brains to answer the question :)
You mean the crap that's goin on in my head is CONTAGIOUS!?! Oh Lord we're all in deep deep chit now
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Limey
LRRP/Ranger

Back that statement 100%, either you had it or you didn't

Post by Limey »

Slowpoke wrote:One thing I noticed about the LRRPs of my time, who happened to be Black, was that none of them were just average. Only one was a POS, the rest were VERY good. Maybe they thought they had something to prove, I'd never thought about it until now. The thing that made the Black guys stand out was their abilities, not their race. Race was never a factor, you were either "good to go" or a POS. If you were a piece of shit, you were gone pretty fast.
1/101st LRRP RVN 1967
Ranger2

Post by Ranger2 »

Why is this even being discussed? Lock this subject and lets drop it.

Ranger2

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”