Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

HarleyRider
Paratrooper

Post by HarleyRider »

Welcome to the Site

I have a lot of respect for the National Guard. I have seen numerous units come through here for rotations at JRTC. Personally, I like covering down on NG more because they want to be here and love training. Good luck to you in your recovery.
101st 96-98
25th 98-00
173rd 00-03
JRTC 2003-Mar 06
On orders back to 173rd
imarangersdad
Ranger Dad

Post by imarangersdad »

Welcome. Thanks for your service and good luck in your recovery. You have the right attitude. So, you'll make it.
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
Isaiah 6:8
"Rangers Lead the Way"
blueskiesalways
Ranger Mom

Post by blueskiesalways »

Thanks for your service. Keep dreaming the dream, one day it might just become a reality!!!
Best of luck to you.
Mom - One former 1/75 Ranger warrior......One current 3/75 Ranger warrior
RiserBurn
Ranger

Post by RiserBurn »

Welcome to the site. Hope you heal quickly and get your shit. Good luck.
1-503 INF (AASLT)
2-504 PIR
2-503 INF (ABN)
RS 11-01
elle
Tadpole

Post by elle »

Welcome, good luck and thank you for your service.
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Welcome.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
centermass
Ranger Admin/RIP Ranger

Post by centermass »

Welcome.
RS 8-81
Mentor to Rock2/75
US Army Retired 1977-1999

Remember, always be yourself....unless you're Batman. In that case, be Batman.
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Welcome!
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Welcome to you! I wish you the best in all you do.
ShotUp
Soldier

Quick Update

Post by ShotUp »

I just wanted to post a quick update, this information is pretty much worthless so no sense in starting a new thread somewhere.

I finally got out of Walter Reed Hospital, and I'm now back home in WI. The physical training is going great, have one more appointment and I should be finished. I still have a small open wound on my foot, it's closing, but very slowly. I also have a few toes that just don't want to work, but everyone says the strength is there, it will just take a few months for them to start to react.

I'm currently pretty much in an AGR slot waiting to see what the outcome of all this is. There's still talk of the possibility of making me switch my MOS and getting out of the Infantry. I've held respect to all those who rank above me, and let them know that's the last thing I'll do. I've been hitting the gym, as hard as I can, trying to get all my strength back, and as soon as I get rid of this overhanging profile... I'll be running as much as possible. I've been running a little, and my foot has been handling it well, to my own standards, I'm not progressing as much as I'd hoped.

I don't have much work here, so I've been doing a lot of Distance Learning, for the promotion points, but mostly for a better knowledge of every subject I get into. It's paying off, and it should continue too.

I've taken up enough of your time if you've gotten this far, but I'd also like to thanks all RANGERS, Vets, and other members of this site, who took the time to leave me a little note of encouragement, I can't thank you all enough.
02-08 1/128 INF BN
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Rock on Soldier!

Keep your mind sharp with the courses, keep your body in shape and you are going to make a full recovery. Your attitude speaks volumes for all the weaklings out there in the world to have themselves a nice big cup of STFU.

Keep us updated on how things are going otherwise and don't be scared to post in the other sections.
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

You are a Drive On Sumbitch. Admire the hell out of you. May GRITS (Great Ranger In The Sky) keep you fed, well TRIMed and allow you to wreck havoc on Dune Coons. :wink:
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Having spent a little time at Walter Wonderful, I know you were ready to get back home. You need to take the time to recover; but no, there is no reason for you to leave this site. Please come on back here anytime you want to -- and may GRITS continue to look on you with favor.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867

Return to “Introduction Archive”