Introduction: Austin

Who are you? What is your age/education level? Clearly state the purpose of your visit. Please protect your privacy by not including full names and current personal information.

Moderator: Site Admin

Smokey Bear
Paratrooper

Re: Introduction: Austin

Post by Smokey Bear »

I'm a little late with the results but we backpacked a little farther than I thought we were going to. The results are as follows,

14:06 2 Mile Run
78 Pushups
60 Situps
12 Pullups

As I said I will be starting my daily PT again this upcoming Sunday. I definitely have my goals oriented. I am striving for a 12 minute flat run, 100 pushups, 100 situps and 20 pullups by the end of a three month schedule. But those are just some standards I set, you can always keep improving. Definitely taking your guys' words to heart. "Never, never quit!" I give my update on my PT either two weeks from this upcoming Sunday or a month from this upcoming Sunday. Whichever y'all prefer. Thanks again!

Respectfully, Austin
The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

John F. Kennedy
Smokey Bear
Paratrooper

Post by Smokey Bear »

I'm a little late with the results but we backpacked a little farther than I thought we were going to. The results are as follows,

14:06 2 Mile Run
78 Pushups
60 Situps
12 Pullups

As I said I will be starting my daily PT again this upcoming Sunday. I definitely have my goals oriented. I am striving for a 12 minute flat run, 100 pushups, 100 situps and 20 pullups by the end of a three month schedule. But those are just some standards I set, you can always keep improving. Definitely taking your guys' words to heart. "Never, never quit!" I give my update on my PT either two weeks from this upcoming Sunday or a month from this upcoming Sunday. Whichever y'all prefer. Thanks again!

Respectfully, Austin
The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.

John F. Kennedy
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Are you talking to a recruiter? Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Smokey Bear
Paratrooper

Post by Smokey Bear »

I'm not sure whether that was a serious question or not. When I said I'd give you an update I said two weeks because I read in other topics that Rangers have said give it two weeks so you can notice some improvement. I didn't mean to demand when I'll give my update. But if it was a serious question, yes I am. SFC C* is my recruiter.

*Last name deleted by Admin - it is a PERSEC violation to put active duty military's names in your post. Don't do it again or you will be history. Read FAQ's on PERSEC VIOLATIONS.

John F. Kennedy
Smokey Bear
Paratrooper

Post by Smokey Bear »

My apologies to the community on this website and this website in general. I failed to pay attention to detail. It will not happen again.

John F. Kennedy
Smokey Bear
Paratrooper

Post by Smokey Bear »

Hello Rangers,

My workouts have been going very good ever since around November. I have been working out (with free weights, body weight and machines), running, rucking, swimming and have even done some land navigation courses that I had someone make for me. Lately I have been focusing more so on my lower body and core seeming how I'm one of those guys that "skip leg day". My situps have usually always been below my pushup count and I have been trying to obtain a 100 count of both pushups and situps within two minutes. My run and swim workouts have lately been more circuit, fast pace workouts. I am striving for a six minute or below mile pace. My rucks have been 8-10 miles with a few 18-20 milers in there. Usually in my rucks I walk/slow jog a mile and then do a round of pushups situps, squats, and burpees. As soon as the weather permits I'm gonna get back on my bike and start mountain biking again. That's about all for my SITREP. I always keep in mind what y'all taught me. "Rangers Lead The Way!" and "Never, Never Quit!". Even though I am not an Army Ranger I still thrive to be the best I can be and "Lead The Way". Thank you all again for your help and time.

Respectfully,
Austin

John F. Kennedy
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Austin, it has been about 90 days since your last PT test. Please self-administer one (include pull-ups) and post your results here. Have you talked to a recruiter?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Smokey Bear
Paratrooper

Post by Smokey Bear »

Roger that Ranger Jim. I will conduct the PT test tomorrow morning. And yes I have talked to a recruiter. I leave 20140610. The days are coming and going a lot faster than I had anticipated! Not that I ain't excited, just am enjoying these last few months of being in high school. Thank you for the reply and I am looking forward to the test. I haven't conducted one in awhile.

Respectfully,
Austin

John F. Kennedy
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Have you memorized the Ranger Creed?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Smokey Bear
Paratrooper

Post by Smokey Bear »

I apologize about the late post. The results are as follows

Pushups 84
Situps 70
2 mile run 13:40
Pullups 14

The results are better than last time but not good enough in my eyes. But I still have about five months left so I'll make it happen. And yes Ranger Jim I have. I taped it on my ceiling right above where I sleep and I recite it just about every night. I still am working on getting it to where I can say it fluently and not pause and think.

John F. Kennedy
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

OK, you continue to progress. But time will pass quickly. Please pay attention to the letters from school thread and see what some of our other future soldiers experience as they enter active duty. Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Smokey Bear
Paratrooper

Post by Smokey Bear »

Roger that Ranger Jim. Thanks for the info. You are definitely right about time passing quickly! Seems like just yesterday I was having airsoft wars with my friends now I'm about to join the big league.

John F. Kennedy
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Smokey Bear wrote:Roger that Ranger Jim. Thanks for the info. You are definitely right about time passing quickly! Seems like just yesterday I was having airsoft wars with my friends now I'm about to join the big league.
Indeed! Never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

And?
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
Smokey Bear
Paratrooper

Post by Smokey Bear »

Good afternoon Rangers. My SITREP is long overdue as it has been since mid January since I've given a SITREP. The workouts have been going fluently since my last post and the results are better. Even though I hate this cold weather it has benefited me a lot. I have done a lot of outdoor rucks through the snow which has made it a lot harder and I have done some conditioning outside too. With the cold weather it almost doubles my results, as it is harder to workout outside in the cold. I have been doing a lot of core workouts because of my lacking situp score. The scores have increased but I think I am at a standstill. I always thought that if I needed rest then tough, suck it up, thinking that was how it was gonna be later on and it might be I don't know but I think the reason why I'm at a sort of standstill is because I don't really rest, except for when I sleep. So lately I have been taking it easy and just working out one day and run the next instead of ruck, swim, run and workout all in the same day every day of the week. The PT results are as follows,

Run 13:02
Pushup 88
Situps 78
Pullup 15

With only 96 days till my ship date I will say that I am getting a little anxious and excited. In my mind you can't prepare enough so these next couple months I'm gonna crank it out and leave here in the best shape I could possibly be in. My apologies for the late SITREP, I'll knock out a 100 pushups. Thanks again for all the replies and help rangers.

Respectfully, Austin

John F. Kennedy

Return to “Introductions - Future Soldiers and Other Civilians”