Intro for AIRBORNEVET

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

S2_Fortune_Teller
Embryo

Re: Intro for AIRBORNEVET

Post by S2_Fortune_Teller »

AIRBORNEVET wrote:A quick note on my son. Apparently his cell phone service ran out and this was why he did not call after his Infantry Graduation. He did not go directly to RASP, only the individuals who did not have a Option 40 contract and were offered RASP during AIT and accepted, went straight to RASP. He just got a new phone today and called to let us know he is in Airborne School and is going into his second week. Advised him to "Hit the hole pole man hit the hole." ;) He did say may not do the 250' tower as this is very weather dependent anymore. Anyway obviously assumed he was at RASP which now makes a "ASS" out of me. Guess the old man better get his "Operator head space and timing in check" before releasing any new info. Appears he will not make the May RASP class due to his Airborne Graduation being a week after this starts and will have to wait until the August RASP class. He is actually happy as he feels the extra training time will only benefit him and make the odds of his possible success that much better, which I agree. He loves it so far and has met a exceptional group of friends and fellow soldiers already. He is a 11C which he has heard the Ranger Battalions currently need. (I told him have fun humping those base plates!!) This was the first time his stepmother and I have talked to him personally on the phone since he left in January to go to Basic so it was a pleasant surprise. He said his 2mile run time at the completion of Basic was a 10:33 so he already bested my time while I was in. (Little shit) I hope this finds you all and your loved ones in good health and safe. Oh and for those individuals looking to go into a Airborne or SOF unit here's food for thought. Train your butt off prior to leaving as my son said there was a soldier in his Basic/AIT class who had 173rd Airborne Brigade in Vicenza Italy if he completed Airborne School. Failed the Airborne PT test and is now up for worldwide assignment. For all those looking to take this route NEVER-EVER think you have trained enough. ;)
I still can't get over that. Vicenza, Italy, of all places, and he failed the PT test. I don't even know the kid and I want to slap him upside his head.
HHC 28th Combat Aviation Brigade - Glass Ball Consultant - JAN 2007 to Present.

"Well, what had happened was..."
AIRBORNEVET
US Army Veteran

Post by AIRBORNEVET »

Will do mortar_guy78. He's actually quite happy to have ended up as an 11C. As usual I had to give him some shit just because I can but one of his better qualities is he doesn't get rattled to easy. Shit always seems to slide right off him which is why I think he loves the Army so much this far. Lets just say I was a little "higher strung" in my youth. I will pass on the real deal from someone like you who knows it was a true privilege to be chosen as 11C. Suggested he join this Forum at some point in the future but he's pretty humble and knowing how he is I figure he's gonna wait to see if he actually makes it through RASP first. He's never been one to feel comfortable around stuff like this especially if he didn't feel like he started to earn the privilege to be here first.
Father of a current 3/75 Warrior
18C20 1993-1996 1SFG(A) Ft. Lewis, Washington 1993-1996
Special Forces Engineer Sergeant Course 29/Jun/92-18/Dec/92
SFAS Class 2-92
U.S. Army Airborne School 1991
Re-enlist as 18X 1991
1985-1987 12C Co. E 23rd Engineer Battalion Hanau, Germany

"Admit nothing, Deny everything, Make counter-accusations"
Buzz
Ranger

Post by Buzz »

Welcome and good luck to your son.
2nd squad-1st plt-C 2/75 77-78
RS 4-78

The way I became a Ranger and have earned the small amount of success I have had in life has been mostly due to one quality - determination. Lefty.

Return to “Introduction Archive”