Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Vonneguts
Embryo

Re: Introduction

Post by Vonneguts »

Ranger Heathen -

Ranger Rock Island couldn't be more right. How could anyone ignore you with an avatar like yours? That's like ignoring Freddy Krueger standing in your living room. I definitely didn't ignore you - I haven't written a full paragraph, without sighing, since my first post. I will pay my debt. I'm not going to try and fart down the resident psychotics throat.

Ranger Jim -

I am currently in Marlyand, NY. I live on a street that runs in an almost perfect 1/3 mile circle. The elevation here is 1750 feet, and this is where I'll be doing my PT. I go to school, and maintain top grades full time, and this occupies a lot of each day. I graduate with a dual major in History/English (now you'll know I can't shut the hell up) in the spring of 2011. I hope to sign an 11x with option 40 shortly after graduation. It may have to wait a month or two, due to my wedding date being May 25th of that same year.

Though I am in upstate NY, I will be using the recruiting office in White Plains, NY. That is my home town, and I already got briefly in touch with them to start talking about this path.

I did it through Military.com, where I took a basic and cut down version of the ASVAB. I can't take the score I got too seriously (I think it was only the math and comprehension aspects of the test), but it was what I considered to be damn good. Recruiters then contacted me, as per agreement with military.com. When I mentioned the Regiment, his response was something along the lines of "yeah, we'll see".

I understand that he probably gets something like that all the time, so instead of wasting his time talking about it, I just continued looking it up myself. I'll put the recruiters off till later down the line, due to me having so much time before I graduate and sign. I spent all of last year looking up what I could about the Army, and then about the Rangers. When I was reading about you guys, I knew that there is a place for me here. I read a lot from Military.Com/Army.mil/goarmy.com/about.com/ask.com/this site without the forums/ and a slew of other informational sites.

So I started doing PT last semester, after deciding to join the Army. By July I started working 80 hours weeks of manual labor, and had no time for cardiovascular activity. I actually didn't have time for anything, and I was staying with my fiance's stepfather, who was putting me up while I worked in a different state. He spent the entire summer trying to talk me out of the Army. I like the guy, but he can go gobble wiener for that shit.

Upon returning to school, I got access to the internet again, and within a few days I signed up here. Now I'm willing to pretty much do anything to build up into the ideal candidate.

I know that I've probably already typed too much, and said too little. If there's anything you wish to know, I'd be more than happy to answer.

Push up tally: 275
Thank you all for your service. It would be an honor to serve as you have, and do.
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

You are now free to move around the site adding to your knowledge. Let us know when you have secured your option 40.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

This will also remain in effect, I will match you push up for push up that way when you arrive at Benning I'll be more than usually pleased to meet you.

I have exceeded your tally and you can bet your ass I'm not cheating.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

Well, Dan, you are now in a position I would avoid. While I think of the Heathen as one of the best friends a man can have; he is also not a man I would ever want to piss off. Tread lightly.
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Jim wrote:Well, Dan, you are now in a position I would avoid. While I think of the Heathen as one of the best friends a man can have; he is also not a man I would ever want to piss off. Tread lightly.
Not pissed yet Brother Jim, new leaf and all that. I've been polishing my manners recently which I conveniently keep next to my favorite axe. Last two young guns I linked up with are now in Selection, DUG sends his regards by the way, so this wildman has put himself on the radar...I'm tapping on the screen.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Er...Dan. That's another 25, just because I'm ahead. Oh, and I've knocked out 25 for Ranger Jim since a compliment from such a man is as sweet as a fucking lap-dance. You may join me.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

Vonneguts
Embryo

Post by Vonneguts »

I have absolutely no intentions on voluntarily making things worse. I apologize Rangers, I did not mean to offend you. On my word I will pay my debt, and all future debts. I did fifty today, and struggled to pump them out properly till the end. I will do as many as I can every day until I account for the numbers. I doubt I can do 10 percent of what you can, Ranger Heathen, but will do what you, and everyone I hope to learn from, tells me to as best as I can. Ranger Heathen, I sincerely hope to meet you at Fort Benning, it will mean that I have followed through with everything I hope to. With this paragraph I believe that I owe you 300 more. Is there any way you would like me to notify you of progress? I could put it in my signature, if that's preferable.
Thank you all for your service. It would be an honor to serve as you have, and do.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Vonneguts wrote:I have absolutely no intentions on voluntarily making things worse...
Well you are... You take a step forward and slip two steps back with virtually every post you make. We don't want appolgies. We want results. Right now you should visit this site to do a lot of reading of past posts in all the forums you have access to. That way, you will learn a bit about the culture of Rangers. You should also be getting in shape and can do that best by following the Work-Out of the Day in the PT Forum. You are not even in the Delayed Entry Program yet. So read much and post very little. Unless you have a question that has not been answered on this site - and you can find that out by searching - your next post should be regarding your visit to your recruiter, unless you are answering a question a Ranger has asked.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
boscounderfoot
Ranger

Post by boscounderfoot »

Vonneguts wrote:I have absolutely no intentions on voluntarily making things worse. I apologize Rangers, I did not mean to offend you. On my word I will pay my debt, and all future debts. I did fifty today, and struggled to pump them out properly till the end. I will do as many as I can every day until I account for the numbers. I doubt I can do 10 percent of what you can, Ranger Heathen, but will do what you, and everyone I hope to learn from, tells me to as best as I can. Ranger Heathen, I sincerely hope to meet you at Fort Benning, it will mean that I have followed through with everything I hope to. With this paragraph I believe that I owe you 300 more. Is there any way you would like me to notify you of progress? I could put it in my signature, if that's preferable.
.....Allow me to make a suggestion young man. Shut the fuck up and listen!!!! You're posting WAY too much. Keep the unnecessary banter to a minimum. Your posts should be " Roger that Ranger XXXXXX." Or "Wilco'" or some variation of that. When you are told to do something, do it and move the fuck out! No bullshit, no discussion. Just move out. These Rangers are not impressed with excuses, discussion or long winded bullshit. If you have a pertinent question to ask, ask it and move out. There are two things that should be open right now and one is not your mouth!

Now with that, do pushups... Get your head up when you're knocking them out and get your ass out of the air too, back straight, legs straight, arms shoulder distance apart, hammer that little bird-chest into the floor, and sound off!.....And doom on you if you forget to give one to the Airborne Ranger in the Sky!
Vonneguts
Embryo

Post by Vonneguts »

Understood.
boscounderfoot
Ranger

Post by boscounderfoot »

Vonneguts wrote:Understood.
:shock: WTF!!!! Nah, you didn't "understood" anything. How were you instructed to address a Ranger? Elevate your feet this time and knock em out! :evil: You are fucking up the simple shit, pay attention to detail and think real hard about your next post.

Return to “Introduction Archive”