Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

nmott05
Inprocessing

Re: Introduction

Post by nmott05 »

Ranger JLTW!!!,
I was advised to NOT sign with Opt 4, by my Army Liason, as this would more or less assign me to a unit. I was told that by only having basic and AIT in my contract, it would make it easier for me to volunteer for RIP. And if I am volunteering for RIP, than I will have a spot in Airborne. Is this a common occurance, or should I re-negotiate?
Graduate of first RASP class, class 03-10.
nmott05
Inprocessing

Post by nmott05 »

Ranger JLTW!!!,
Thank you for your insight. I will be contacting my recruiter with the information you have provided.
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Congratulations for enlisting and definitely attempt to get the Option 4 in your contract.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
nmott05
Inprocessing

Post by nmott05 »

Ranger's,
Roger that.
nmott05
Inprocessing

Post by nmott05 »

nmott05 wrote:Ranger JLTW!!!,
Thank you for your insight. I will be contacting my recruiter with the information you have provided.
Rangers,
I have contacted my recruiter, and also spoke with my brother (RSTB). Here is the information I have collected so far. I am waiting on my recruiter to advise a time to see an Army Liason again.
If I re-nogotiate OPT. 4 in my contract, there is a possibility that a Supior Officer would find the need for me greater in an Airborne Unit, and not allow me a shot at RIP. On the flip side, atleast I would be back at Benning, and my chances of seeing a RIP Liason are greater than if I was at FT. Gordon. My bro said if I want it bad enough, anything is possible.
My recruiter stated, he has not seen a spot available in BAC since March, so seats may not be possible. I won't know much about that until I speak to a Liason.
I was advised about Form 4187. I researched this form, and found it was a request for further training/reassignment. Can I assume that I would ask for a copy of this form while in AIT, but before orders were given? If of course I could not get a seat in BAC.
It is also a very serious goal of mine to raise my ASFAB score, which I was told would be possible once I am in. I plan to voice my interest in any and all class' available as soon as time allows.
Ranger JLTW!!!, you had stated earlier you were unclear on my MOS and it's current need in Batt. 25Q is Multichannel Systems Operator/Maintainer. I chose this MOS because of the need in Batt. My bro is 25 series, and he said numbers were low.
Rangers, bottom line I understand that if I work hard enough, I will make it to Regiment. Of course any information reguarding my situation would be appreciated.
I will post updates, or questions if necessary.
nmott05
Inprocessing

Post by nmott05 »

Ranger JLTW!!!,
I WAS going to walk out of MEPS with out a contract unless it had OPT. 40 in it. Even if I had to retake the ASVAB. The story I was given was that if I walk away now, my chances of A. getting a lower score, would be the score that counted, B. there was a chance that I would not get a seat in a 25 series position, and C. this would be pushing my ship date out further and further.
In the beginning of my posting here, I had written about needing to sell my house, or rent it out before I could ship. Reason being my family would be moving along with me (family close by in Florida), and we would not be making enough to pay the mortgage on the house, and rent wherever we ended up. I have found someone to rent the house, and they are scheduled to move in 01May2009. The Liason told me at the soonest I would be a month or maybe a shade under getting back to MEPS, after signing up, and re-taking the ASFAB again. The funds I have saved for my family to live on during this transition would not suffice. So I needed to make the call there. Going on the Liasons recommendations, and my inside connection, I signed. Knowing I had a long road ahead of me. If re-negotiating OPT 4 get's me closer to ROC, I feel the chances are greater for me to contact a Ranger Liason.
In the mean time I plan to focus soley on the task at hand. Re-negotiating BAC in my contract. Get through BCT, making a good impression, and not getting hurt.

As far as having an in, in Regiment. I am very proud of my brother. He has been a quite strength behind my decision, and helping me through with it. I will let MY actions speak for themselves, and soon enough be serving along side him. Something very few family members can say they have done on this planet! I am a very wealthy man.

Return to “Introduction Archive”