What Do You Plan To Do With Your $600-1,200 Tax Rebate?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Horned Toad
Ranger

Post by Horned Toad »

RRDTm3 wrote:I plan on mailing out written TAB CHECKS to everybody!
I'll open it if you put a CD in it!
75th RGR RGT 91-94
RS 03-92
Oto-Man
Ranger

Post by Oto-Man »

Hookers and Beer....what else do you do with an extra 8 hun????
B Co 2/75 (WEBCO)
1988-1990
RS Class 1-90
Darksaga
Soldier

Post by Darksaga »

Put half in saving, half towards bills.
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -Henery Louis Mencken (1880-1956)

"I might not be Airborne however, it's whats on my right sleave!"
*1992-1996 USMC CPL
* 12/2005- present USAR Medic PL/ Human Terrain Teams
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Darksaga wrote:Put half in saving, half towards bills.
You're not always this boring and practical, are you Sir? :wink: :lol:
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Jenny Lynn wrote:My 2 cents....
I encourage all to read the fine print, something like this was given out in the past.

My concern is.... is this a really a "rebate" as taxpayers are being told or is it where the government send these checks out but the recipients need to claim this amount received as a form of income on their subsequent tax return, thus making it not truly a "rebate" at all?
Shut the fuck up. Post your two cents in the women's forum. If they'll have you.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

I was thinking that any “Rebateâ€
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Gordo173
Ranger

Post by Gordo173 »

RTO wrote:This is not part of the regular yearly tax refunds. This is additional and part of an 'economic stimulus package'.

I'm thinking I should be a good citizen and do my part to help stimulate the economy.
My idea was to target the beer and liquor sectors for improvement! 8) :lol:
Let me know if you need any assistance in this arena, just ask Andy, with my current position working in a liquor store I can definitely turn you on to some cool shit at discount! (Granted you gotta be in Houston to take advantage of this amazing offer.)
Wpns/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
1/1/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
C,HHC,D/3-6(INF)(Mech)
HHC/2-504 PIR
A/1-504 PIR
HHC/1-82(ABN)
Oopps almost forgot Class 4-84

"Always with the negative waves Moriarity!"
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Gordo173 wrote:
RTO wrote:This is not part of the regular yearly tax refunds. This is additional and part of an 'economic stimulus package'.

I'm thinking I should be a good citizen and do my part to help stimulate the economy.
Let me know if you need any assistance in this arena, just ask Andy, with my current position working in a liquor store I can definitely turn you on to some cool shit at discount! (Granted you gotta be in Houston to take advantage of this amazing offer.)
really? tell me you are managing a Specs... or have access to the warehouse
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Gordo173
Ranger

Post by Gordo173 »

KW Driver wrote:
Gordo173 wrote:

really? tell me you are managing a Specs... or have access to the warehouse
Neither, but I work at Specs 41 (Westheimer and Grand Parkway in Cinco Ranch) so if in area look me up and I can hook you up with my employee discount!
Wpns/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
1/1/C/2-75(INF)(RGR)(ABN)
C,HHC,D/3-6(INF)(Mech)
HHC/2-504 PIR
A/1-504 PIR
HHC/1-82(ABN)
Oopps almost forgot Class 4-84

"Always with the negative waves Moriarity!"
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

I'll be at dad's in a few and may have to swing by.... I'm at mom's out by the ranch now, and gotta swing up to Seattle, but then I'll be back.
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
RTO
BANNED

Post by RTO »

Gordo173 wrote:

I could use some help for sure! 8)
Crown Royal XR (extra rare) is amazing. The nectar of the Gods to be sure. $206. a bottle which puts it somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,000 a gallon. Worth every penny. I may never buy a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue again.
Jenny Lynn
Tadpole

Post by Jenny Lynn »

42L5V wrote:
Jenny Lynn wrote:My 2 cents....
I encourage all to read the fine print, something like this was given out in the past.

My concern is.... is this a really a "rebate" as taxpayers are being told or is it where the government send these checks out but the recipients need to claim this amount received as a form of income on their subsequent tax return, thus making it not truly a "rebate" at all?
Shut the fuck up. Post your two cents in the women's forum. If they'll have you.
Ranger 42L5V,
Roger that sir. Reporting to the Fox Hole silently. Have a wonderful Friday.
Jenny
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo Galilei

"If our lives are endangered by plots or violence or armed robbers or enemies, any and every method of protecting ourselves is morally right” Marcus Tullius Cicero

"By special Pastoral appointment."
KeyserS175

Post by KeyserS175 »

Either going to pay off bills, or if we can get approved use it as part of a down payment on a house!!
RangerX
Ranger

Post by RangerX »

Put it a high interest account to help pay the taxes I know I will owe next year.
C Co 3/75 88-90 (Just Cause)
124 MI(LRSD) 90-91 (Desert Storm)

Repeal the 16th, enforce the 10th.

ΜΩΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I'll kill you all." Gen. James Mattis

Panem Et Circenses

My safe space

Return to “The Mosh Pit”