Introduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Matt24
Embryo

Post by Matt24 »

You're completely right Ranger JLTW!!!, as soon as you start getting afraid you're gonna get knocked on your ass. I can't be a lead blocking fullback who's afraid to get injured just as I can't be a Ranger afraid of dying. As soon as you start thinking like that you're already useless to your team.
Charlie 51
Ranger

Post by Charlie 51 »

JLTW!!! wrote:
Matt24 wrote:Rangers, I am slightly worried about playing football or even rugby this spring because I don't want to be injured and have to deal with it later on when I train to be a Ranger. I already have a lot of injuries under my belt and they all increased my chance of getting injured again during Ranger School. One of them, my broken ischium, still gives me problems today. I don't even know if it's worth it anymore but I am the starting fullback soquitting isn't really an option.

QUITTING IS NEVER AN OPTION!!!!!

There is really only one way to play football and that is "balls to the wall"! When you start getting skittish is usually when you get injured. If you're gonna get injured, there isn't really a damn thing you can do about it....just like dying.

Besides, mental toughness and heart will ALWAYS carry yoou farther than you think your body can go!
Quitting is always an option, it is just rarely the right option.

Give 110%!! out of what 200%? then your shorting yourself by 90%
Never Quit!! Everyone quits, some just quit later than others and end up successful, just make sure your the last one that quits.

Heres some real advice

They can't kill you
They have to eventually feed you
They need some of you to pass, be in that group
Volunteer for shit and don't fuck it up when you do
Don't be the lowest common denominator, set the curve
Don't make them ask you to do something twice
Listen more than you talk
False motivation is better than none at all
Give 100% of everthing you have, if that is not good enough, be man enough to accept that you were not meant to be among the best but continue to be YOUR best. Not everyone gets to be a Ranger.
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
RLTW375
Ranger

Post by RLTW375 »

Matt24 wrote:One of them, my broken ischium
?????..........Does that mean you can't make babies anymore....... 8)
RLTW
C co 3/75 2nd Plt 9MAR01-15AUG04
Class 11-02

Me Want OBR
Matt24
Embryo

Post by Matt24 »

Ranger RLTW375 I'm pretty sure that's still intact :shock:
But yes there were some awkward moments in the trainer's office... :lol:
Matt24
Embryo

Post by Matt24 »

That's some sound advice that I'll truly take to heart Ranger Charlie 51.

Return to “Introduction Archive”