Inroduction

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

pellett2007
Tadpole

Post by pellett2007 »

Welcome, PM inbound.
Sometimes you feel tired, feel weak
When you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up
But you gotta search within you, find that inner strength

Mentee to Ranger Bill.
Basic: 12 September 2008, Fort Benning.
Brandon82
Ranger

Update

Post by Brandon82 »

Rangers...

I got back from MEPS a couple of days ago and signed an 11x with a 04 airborne option. I was told that an option 40 could still come my way and I could reno with no problem. Couldn't get the 18x I initially went for because my right eye is only 20/25 corrected, but it was with old contacts. I'm going to the optometrist this week to get it corrected to 20/20, hopefully.

Thanks for the welcomes Rangers and others.
Charlie 51
Ranger

Re: Update

Post by Charlie 51 »

Brandon82 wrote:Rangers...

I got back from MEPS a couple of days ago and signed an 11x with a 04 airborne option. I was told that an option 40 could still come my way and I could reno with no problem. Couldn't get the 18x I initially went for because my right eye is only 20/25 corrected, but it was with old contacts. I'm going to the optometrist this week to get it corrected to 20/20, hopefully.

Dude, I do not want to be the bearer of bad news but once Uncle Sammy has your John Hancock on the dotted line I don't think he gives a shit about reno, or vegas for that matter. I think they fed you a line of shit to get their quota. I could be wrong and a few on this site can tell you better than I. I hope I am wrong because un-assigned Airborne does not mean you will serve in an Airborne unit from what I remember. I would ask SFC-hit it.
C Co 2/75 Weapons
Classes 4-5/93

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers
cams
Ranger/Moderator

Post by cams »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was stupid. Worldwide assignment?
2/75 HHC C/E 89-92
Rio Hato/AO Diaz CCT/Commo

"It is a heavy thing, to see a Father so strong in life, unable to rise."

"A great civilization is not conquered from without
until it has destroyed itself from within." -W. Durant
Rangerguru
Ranger

Post by Rangerguru »

cams wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was stupid. Worldwide assignment?
Ranger Class 3/96
25th ID 93-96
10th Motown 96-99
C Co. 4th RTB 99-04
Gubment Contractor OCONUS 07-present

Gun Safety Tip #6. When unholstering your weapon it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whip this out "

Return to “Introduction Archive”