Intro

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

Welcome to the Site. I highly suggest that you read all the FAQ's and Stickies before you make any more posts.

One of the DEP's will be along shortly to square you away.
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

Welcome. Even though I'm not a grunt.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
Sixxr
Embryo

Post by Sixxr »

That is the insignia on the beret, it's black. If I could find my webcam I would get a picture of it with dilbert wearing it but I just can't seem to find it, maybe you Rangers could shed some light on what that type of beret would mean...
If your not confused then your not paying attention.

"We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us."
-George Orwell
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

Google "TACP." Then post a concise summary of what you learned. Keep it under 200 words.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Sixxr
Embryo

Post by Sixxr »

TACP stands for Tactical Air Control Party, they are a elite part of the USAF. TACP’s usually work in 2 man groups. One of the main missions that a TACP does is putting bombs on target, or directing aerial strikes on a target. TACP’s train, live, and deploy with US Army forces, whether that be the 82nd airborne or the 75th Ranger Regiment. The TACP’s carry a load out of many different electronic instruments vital in the tasks they provide in the military, such as GPS and Laser ranger finders/ designators. With these the TACP’s can provide Close Air Support or CAS. The TACP’s are responsible for coordination and execution of USAF airstrikes on enemy forces.

Thats all I have Ranger Bill, but at least I understand that more...

"We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us."
-George Orwell
Ranger Bill
Ranger

Post by Ranger Bill »

I hoped you would have spent a little more than a few minutes researching the nature of your father's service to our country, and I trust you will. But it seems you wanted to respond in a timely manner, and you completed the task. Welcome and thank you for your interest in Army Rangers.
WE NEED MORE RANGERS!

http://www.75thrra.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mentor to Pellet2007, ChaoticGood & RFS1307

Ranger School Class 3-69

7th Special Forces Group
K Company (Ranger) 75th Infantry (Airborne)
4th Infantry Division
82d Airborne Division
12th Special Forces Group
Soul Snatcher
Ranger

Post by Soul Snatcher »

Be careful, your recruiter is a salesman, he is going to blow smoke up your ass. It's not an Army of one. It's not about you being the best. It's about you being a part of something that so great, no jack ass non- Batt Ranger could ever understand.

Take things one step at a time. Get through basic first, then airborne school, and if your not worn out yet go to RIP. Then when you are done with the easy stuff get to batt and experience 3 or 4 months of hard relentless smoke, and training, and finally attend Ranger School. Then your getting closer to the hard stuff.

It's a long road, just make sure you have the right motives. Our country is at war right now.

I highly recommend that you at least try to make it in Batt. When you are amoungst the great you will be safer with your Ranger brothers.
Aco. 1/75 2nd plt.
10-00
Getting hosed down by the local Police.

"I use to be in charge of million dollar equipment, now I can't get a job at the car wash!"
Soul Snatcher
Ranger

Post by Soul Snatcher »

All non batt rangers, sorry I meant jack ass recruiters. No pun intended.
Aco. 1/75 2nd plt.
10-00
Getting hosed down by the local Police.

"I use to be in charge of million dollar equipment, now I can't get a job at the car wash!"
42L5V
Ranger

Post by 42L5V »

PM inbound to you, Ranger.
MSG, U.S. Army, 1987-2007
RSClass 10-92
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Re: Intro

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Sixxr wrote:
AbnRgr289 wrote:
What was his job title?
Sir, to be truely honest I'm not sure. All I know is that it had something to do with electronics warfare. Now that I'm actually researching and looking into all the things in the military that I would have interest in I stumbled across an insignia he had on a beret that he has. I'm not 100% sure but from all the stuff he has told me, and the insignia on his beret, I believe it was something close to a Combat Controler. I will try to post a picture up of the insignia if I can.
Thank you for your response but I'm not a Sir. I see you did some research on what your father did in the military. A little more research will give you some in site on the big picture of the military. Use the search button.

Maybe our resident TACP will get a chance to stop by and slap you, that will help you realize that TACP's may be very few but their job is of great significance. (meaning that everyone has a job in the military, and every job counts!)
"It's not for us to reason why, it's just for us to Do or Die!"

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

Bco 1/263rd Armor SCARNG. 11/84-7/87
Aco 3/75 Rgr Regt. 1/88-2/90 (Op-JC)
HHC 2/18 197 Inf Bde/3rd Bde 24th ID. 2/90-5/92 (Op-DS/DS)
HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Sixxr
Embryo

Post by Sixxr »

Copy that AbnRgr289, I will keep the search button close and your words in mind, now I think I'll start branching out into the other sections a little more than before...

-George Orwell
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Sixxr wrote:Copy that AbnRgr289, I will keep the search button close and your words in mind, now I think I'll start branching out into the other sections a little more than before...
You can start by reading, understanding, and complying with these.

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewforum.php?f=16

Along with all the announcements and stickies at the top of each forum.

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

AbnRgr289 wrote:
Sixxr wrote:
AbnRgr289 wrote:
What was his job title?
Sir, to be truely honest I'm not sure. All I know is that it had something to do with electronics warfare. Now that I'm actually researching and looking into all the things in the military that I would have interest in I stumbled across an insignia he had on a beret that he has. I'm not 100% sure but from all the stuff he has told me, and the insignia on his beret, I believe it was something close to a Combat Controler. I will try to post a picture up of the insignia if I can.
Thank you for your response but I'm not a Sir
No? Then you must be a Ma'am!!!!!
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
AbnRgr289
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by AbnRgr289 »

Ranger Luna wrote:
AbnRgr289 wrote:
Sixxr wrote: Sir, to be truely honest I'm not sure. All I know is that it had something to do with electronics warfare. Now that I'm actually researching and looking into all the things in the military that I would have interest in I stumbled across an insignia he had on a beret that he has. I'm not 100% sure but from all the stuff he has told me, and the insignia on his beret, I believe it was something close to a Combat Controler. I will try to post a picture up of the insignia if I can.
Thank you for your response but I'm not a Sir
No? Then you must be a Ma'am!!!!!
No, I worked for a livin' bitch. :D

And it wasn't on a street corner either. :roll:

"S.A.F.R.A.!"

HHC 4th RTB 5/92-12/95
Rgr class 1&2-89
Sixxr
Embryo

Post by Sixxr »

Exactly what I was thinking Ranger Luna, I'm still trying to figure out how to respond in the correct way, so that I don't get smoked and so that I show the proper respect to those who have earned it, Ranger abnrgr289, I have read all of read all of those and I am starting to read all the rest of the stickies and faqs and announcemts in the other forums. I make it paramount that I comply with the rules of each forum. I'm in your house, I'm not gonna put my hand in the fridge w/o askin.

-George Orwell

Return to “Introduction Archive”