New Member - Wife of soldier in RIP

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

We are cheering for him, Young Lady.... :D
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Thank you for the update - I know you are proud and I know he's very excited to have gotten this far. He's got an edge over many of the other RIP students to have you cheering him on the way I am sure you do.
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Keep cheering him on, Proudwife, and we will too.
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

Excellent! The road march is where my class had it's greatest attrition....

Keep supporting him....it'll help more than you know.

RLTW
RSD 96-99
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

8)
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Proud Ranger Wife
Sister

Post by Proud Ranger Wife »

Hey Rangers!
Well, he's on total lockdown this weekend. Some idiot showed up at formation with a dip and right before that they pulled six guys up front to recite the Ranger Creed and they totally screwed it up. So they can't go outside of the "green fence" as he calls it except to eat. And the fun continues....

I was wondering if you could help me out with this. When I was telling people at work about my husband, they mentioned that someone in another department was in "special forces or something like that..." and I should talk to him. So I did. I told him my husband was in RIP and he informed me he was much better than a Ranger. I asked when he was in and he said he did several tours in Vietnam. I said my uncle was in then and had his triple canopy. He then said I told you I was better than a Ranger and I'm definitely better than a Green Beret. Well, at this point I was pretty pissed. Not only is he disrespecting what my husband is hoping to do but also my uncle and two of his sons (both Rangers). He told me he was Delta. I didn't know what to ask to see if he was legit or not. But the following day at a banquet we were having, he was putting together flower arrangements. I went up to him and jokingly said if you're delta buddies could see you now... He said well actually I really wanted to be an interior decorator one day. I was flabbergasted! Interior decorator and delta?? What can I ask to see if he is for real?

Also, my husband mentioned that if they pass the written test on Monday, then they are getting their berets on Tuesday. I thought they would get the beret at graduation which is suppose to be on Thursday. Do you get the beret and scroll separately?

Sorry this is so long! Thanks in advance!
Slowpoke
Ranger/Moderator

Post by Slowpoke »

Proudwife, I don't beleive there was a Delta Force during the Viet Nam war. There was a Project Delta which was part of Detatchment B-52 of the 5th Special Forces in RVN. You might ask him if he was a part of the Studies and Observation Group. This is the unit known as SOG. It was very top secret then and did Long Range Recon missions into Laos, Cambodia, and North Viet Nam. You could also ask him to come here to our happy little home and talk to us. :twisted:
I never wore a cape, but I still have my dog tags.

Experienced Peek Freak!!

173rd Abn LRRP...'66/'67
C/1/506 101st Abn
B/2/325 82nd Abn
BRanger91
Ranger

Post by BRanger91 »

Proudwife, I'm sorry to hear that someone throwing around disrespect like that when it was uncalled for. In my opnion and I think to many here it is not even what you do when you serve your country but the fact you do or did serve. Somone needs to be willing to step up to the plate for people like him to have an opnion and protect it and that is what your husband does. Maybe it was a motivation stategy (though poorly communicated and thought out) to tell you your husband can do more than be a Ranger.
My feelings are I don't care weather you were a WWII, Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, D. Storm, Afgan, or Iraqi freedom. Weather you were Marine, Air Force, Navy Seal, SF, Ranger,Delta or just a plain old grunt shouldn't matter as long as you did your job to the best of your abilities.

Bottomline is don't let it bug you. You have good reason to be proud of your husband and give him support and strength. There will be times when he needs you more than anything in the world. I look at my wife everyday and know that she is stronger than me in so many ways.

Congrats to your husband too on the 12 miler...it's a tough one!
C co 3/75 91-93 'The Rock'
OIF 04-05
Looon
Ranger

Post by Looon »

Proud wife,

When I was growing up in Batt., respect for the other Special Ops units was profound. It was my understanding that it also was the same with them. Each Special unit has its own job. I firmly believe, by what you have said here, that this guy may not be who he says he is.
B Co 3/75
1989-1990
Just Cause Airlando Commando
Vee
Ranger

Post by Vee »

PW-

In my experience, 99% of the people who spout that crap are trying to make up for their own inadequacies. In other words: they make up their own fairy tale land where they are the hero.
My guess is, this guy is NOT part of the other 1%. I have never met a true special operations warrior who EVER speaks bad of other SOF units in anything other than a joking manner. And then only to OTHER SOF members.
I suggest that during your next encounter with him you simply ignore him. If he spouts again, don't comment on it. Just look at him with knowing eyes. Pretend he is talking about how awful menstrual cramps are, he probably has at least as much experience with them. Then just give him a look that says: "I know more about this than you, I know you don't know shit and I'm giving you this opportunity to stop making an ass of yourself."
If that doesn't work, give him the same look along with a heartfelt invitation from us to come to our site and tell us how much better he is than Rangers :twisted:
RSD 96-99
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Slowpoke wrote:Proudwife, I don't beleive there was a Delta Force during the Viet Nam war. There was a Project Delta which was part of Detatchment B-52 of the 5th Special Forces in RVN. You might ask him if he was a part of the Studies and Observation Group. This is the unit known as SOG. It was very top secret then and did Long Range Recon missions into Laos, Cambodia, and North Viet Nam. You could also ask him to come here to our happy little home and talk to us. :twisted:
Actually what I know about them is when they joined S.O.G. They took off every patch and were no longer in the US military. Their work was considered CIA. Most men were from old special forces units until they were killed and replaced by younger men from Vietnam to fill their ranks. I agree with Slowpoke. Someone who did that type of work in Laos and Cambodia did the same work as Slowpoke and myself. Location was the only difference. No one asked me to volunteer for S.O.G. and I didn't even know of their existence until after the war. I personally consider the Rangers today a tougher breed of men with great courage and conviction. Each and every man here is my hero as will be your husband to me proudwife. I wish you would be able to look at his drivers Licence and see when he was born and see if the math checks out. PW, is he in his 50's? I can't see someone who was in that unit of S.O.G. belittling any member serving proudly in our armed forces let alone striving for a Ranger Unit. I guess we'd like the opportunity to talk with him. I guess a phone call to John Pliaster would clear this up.

P.S. proud wife - never let this man put your husband down. Never accept your co-workers attitude as gospel. Wait until Thursday before getting things to celebrate. I know I am waiting to offer my congra......oops, better wait. Remember your name, there is a reason for it, yep, your hubby. he's # 1 and you are # 1 wifey. :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Proud Ranger Wife
Sister

Post by Proud Ranger Wife »

Hey Rangers!

Just wanted to let you know HE MADE IT!!!!! I am so excited and proud of him. They are picking bn's tomorrow and we're hoping for 1st.

So....does this mean I can post in a different forum now? Have I graduated?? :wink:

Thanks to all of you! I'll be sure to keep you updated as I know that now the REAL adventure begins!
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

F***ing A, Good news proud wife. Congratz to the new Ranger and his lovely loyal wife. :lol:

You can go to Maximum Carnage and make a new post and tell everyone the good news. I am sure everyone will want to hear from you.
Last edited by Steadfast on March 29th, 2004, 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

proudwife wrote:Just wanted to let you know HE MADE IT!!!!!
Hooah! Outstanding news!! Best of luck to you both. Tell him to drop by the site, when things cool down a bit. We'd all love to meet him.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

proudwife wrote:Hey Rangers!

Just wanted to let you know HE MADE IT!!!!! I am so excited and proud of him. They are picking bn's tomorrow and we're hoping for 1st.

So....does this mean I can post in a different forum now? Have I graduated?? :wink:

Thanks to all of you! I'll be sure to keep you updated as I know that now the REAL adventure begins!
No, but it means we'll gladly make you a Ranger Wife Avatar with his Ranger bn scroll, once you know which one it is.

Congratulations to your husband and to you.

Return to “Introduction Archive”