Sitrep (Long overdue) - Updated -

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Runner
Ranger

Post by Runner »

Veteran MagNeato, thanks a ton for the insight you are giving here. This is the most in depth description of RIP I have yet found.

Malarkey
A co 3/75 '07-'10
Jim
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Jim »

You are almost there. Damn, you are making us FOGs proud. I turned 27 in the mountains, and i really felt old...

Keep us informed and never, never quit!
Ranger Class 13-71
Advisor, VN 66-68 69-70
42d Vn Ranger Battalion 1969-1970
Trainer, El Salvador 86-87
Advisor, Saudi Arabian National Guard 91, 93-94
75th RRA Life Member #867
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

Well done. Drive on and of course.....

Never quit!
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
cdwdirect
Ranger

this is why you should study

Post by cdwdirect »

5 individuals double tapped the written tests so back to day 1 with the next class they go. Shame on them for not studying I suppose.
My new class leaders. :lol:

I admire their drive for not giving up, under the circumstances.
2/75, COCKS

"I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -Steve McQueen
Nomad
Ranger

Post by Nomad »

MagNeato wrote:Week 3 is down. This week has been a lot slower than the other two. All physical standard tests are over so it is on to the academics.

Day 1 - This PT session was kick ass! 35 lb ruck march / run on streets and trails. Cadre did a great job mixing up the marching and running on this day. Also, we did the Downing Mile (no rucks) and skedco / buddy carry drills (with rucks). The session lasted 2-3 hours and was a real smoker, i am still sore as hell from this one. Two written tests, one on RFR and one on Standards and history.

Day 2 - fairly moderate PT, upper body strength workout. re-test for the RFR / history and standards. Fast rope classes, cadre quoted as saying I drop like "greased shit on a stick", this is something i need to work on.

Day 3 - PT consisted of a decent run with buddy carries, and lunges. Airborne Operations classes and PE on ruck rigging for Airborne Ops.

Day 4 - Upper body PT that was much more difficult than most thought it would be, I will do this workout a lot at the advanced Cm school i goto if i graduate RIP. Assignments were given out today as well.

5 individuals double tapped the written tests so back to day 1 with the next class they go. Shame on them for not studying I suppose.

1 Week left and mainly shooting so real excited about that!
Fucking A - Drive on with your geriatric self!
KW Driver
Ranger/Moderator

Post by KW Driver »

Matador275 wrote: Fucking A - Drive on with your geriatric self!
word, x2...
A Co & HHC 3/75 '93-'98.
RS 10-94.

200 meters of green shit next to a river in the desert does not qualify as a "Crescent of Fertility" -me

"The meek shall inherit the earth, one meter wide and two meters long" -Lazarus Long
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Keep it up, MagNeato, you're almost at the end of the first tunnel. Don't you just love it when these dudes quit? :twisted:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bugsy
Ranger

Post by Bugsy »

XCrunner wrote:... people like me can only hope to one day be where you are.
Don't hope just do what is necessary "AND SOME" to make sure you get to your objective. 8)
Vince Lombardi wrote:... The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor

The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price

The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:

Return to “Letters from School”