For those that want smoke

No Snivel Zone. PT - Pushups, Flutterkicks, Running, Roadmarching.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Silverback wrote:
:::DISCLAIMER:::
Hangovers do not count as a "sickness"

:shock: They don't? :shock:
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
wellfed
Ranger

Post by wellfed »

does malaria count? :roll:

http://www.dragondoor.com/p10.html

Does anyone own these, I thought of buying some in Astan, but never did. If you got them, How they working?
"You're never beaten until you admit it."

RS 1-86
RedDevil1504
US Army Vet (Airborne)

Question about Kettlebells

Post by RedDevil1504 »

Ranger welfred,

I am biased for the dragondoor Kettelbells, having quite a bit of experience with them and having made some money as a KB instructor.

They are extremely effective. I am in better shape then when I was in 95. I use them with great success in a remedial PT program at Gordon back in 02. In 03 I used them in a program with some Paratroopers who were in excellent shape with great success. Unfortunately they were deployed a few weeks later. I am actually heading out to run a Kettlebell fitness class here at the college for some climbers.

The Crossfit program that some have been talking about here uses em in many of their "Workout Of the Day" exercise sets. The dragondoor.com site you mentioned has a related system, specializing in military/LEO-oriented fitness. It is called "The Russian Kettlebell Challenge" (RKC) and specializes in using the Kettlebells and bodyweight exercises in a sophisticated “Low Tech/High Concept" way. The primary goal is extremely effective training with an extremely low injury rate.

If you are interested in more, just send me a PM.
“If your gonna be stupid, you better be hardâ€
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

DixieRat wrote:Great info. At 53, I'm gonna add the burpee to my routine.

A word to all you kids out there. If you quit tryin', ya start dyin'. I've been on a workout routine of one kind or another my entire life. I see a lot of folks younger than me who don't work out. They can't do as much as me, they get sick more often than I do, and they can't keep their women happy. Don't ask me how I know about that last one. :twisted:

:cool:
My dad, 63, still does the burpee workout.
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA

Return to “About Army Physical Training”