Home for Christmas(SITREP included)

Commo from our members who are in OSUT, Jump School, RIP, Ranger School, etc.
Steve
Embryo

Home for Christmas(SITREP included)

Post by Steve »

Been a while, but now that I am at home I can give a SITREP. We just finished up BRM and I qualified with a disappointing 25/40, very shitty, a lot of it had to do with trigger squeeze and not taking my time, I know I could have done better because I was shooting in the 30's on the practice range.

So far we've only gone on a 4 mile ruck march and that was pretty easy, it only gets tough when no one wants to the pass the people that are falling out(there's a few of them) so we usually have to end up running a pretty good distance to catch up. I seem to aggravate my shin splints when I run in my boots, possibly due to poor insoles... Can anyone recommend a great pair of insoles(my feet over pronate)?

Our company is full of shitbags(mainly from the other platoons, our platoon is pretty good), it seems like less and less people are in there platoon everyday. Even one guy told a Sergeant that he wasn't going to come back after Exodus, do to not liking the Army, it was truely a pathetic site watching that guy trying to make himself look good. Anyways, our platoon doesn't get smoked a whole lot(compared to the other platoons, --exluding last night in our Class A's--) We'll do pushups here and there maybe some flutterkicks, but it doesn't happen often, thankfully we're allowed to use the dip bars and pullup bars during soldier time, unfortunately, we're not allowed to run out on the track.

We have the majority of the Option 40's and 18x contracts in our platoon, most of them, with the exception of two, are pretty content on getting to their goals. The two that I left out, already want out of their contracts, one I'm not really sure why(I think he's getting married but that's a guess) and the other just said he took it and told us just because it's in his contract doesnt mean he has to do it. Speaking of his character, he's a quitter, has an attitude problem and he's just plan lazy(PT wise and helping out cleaning wise), I'm surprised he's gotten this far.

Just like Ivory Gates mentioned in one of his previous letters, everyday, every step, I'm glad I joined the Army.

Steve
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: Home for Christmas(SITREP included)

Post by Earthpig »

Steve wrote:our platoon doesn't get smoked a whole lot(compared to the other platoons, --exluding last night in our Class A's--) We'll do pushups here and there maybe some flutterkicks, but it doesn't happen often, thankfully we're allowed to use the dip bars and pullup bars during soldier time, unfortunately, we're not allowed to run out on the track.
I hope you're getting enough smoke to stay/get in shape. It won't be that way at RIP. When you take your PT test at RIP, here is what you'll hear for perfect-form pushups, "One, one, one, one, one, two, three, four, four, four..." You'll do 1000 pushups daily for sure. Then there will be flutterkicks, chinups, etc, along with some pretty fast runs. One way or another, you need to get your body prepared for that.

Anyway, glad you've made it this far. You're doing well. Enjoy the break with your loved ones and go back ready to lead the way. Happy Holidays!
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Thanks for the SITREP. It sounds like you have goals. Once scout camp is over the fun begins. You start doing things that not everyone does. Drive on.

RLTW
Bell
Hoover
Ranger

Post by Hoover »

Welcome & Good Luck,
I would like to offer you some helpfull advise, do extra pt for yourself in any spare time that you can find, you will understand what I'm on about later. Shin splints are a tough one, I always got 'em, you slowly come to just accept them and work with what you got. Stretching and ankle rolls helped me a bit and a moderate warm up helps if you have that luxury, while the condition is a drag don't let it stop you from going after the Black and Gold :wink:
2/75 C Co. 81-84
Ranger Class 14-82
"Cry Havoc Let Slip The Dogs of War"
1st SPWAR Tng Bn (Abn) USAJFKSWCS 87'
RLTW !
Mentor to J.P. Deepwater
RIP Class 02-07
Ranger Class 09-07
Blacksrt4
Tadpole

Post by Blacksrt4 »

You wouldnt happan to be in Bco 1/19 would ya, I know those guys just finished BRM right before exodus as well.
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

you should be doing PT right now what the hell are on here for ..ya fuck!!
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Enjoy your holidays Steve. listen to Rgrpuck. :lol:
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Letters from School”