I'm gone

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

TRLewis

I'm gone

Post by TRLewis »

Well its been fun, but I got a call at 7 am this morning from my recruiter. I love him, he's a decent recruiter, first thing he said was, "You're approved." I said, "When do i enlist?" he said, "I knew that would be your first question."

I'll be DEPing tomorrow or monday, but I want to ship ASAP. I would just like to thank everyone for being here, even if sometimes I was a total dick.

It's been a long road, almost a year to get in. Half of that year was spent here. Without some of you reminding me of how much fun I had when I was in I would have given up. And all of you did it without even knowing it.

My fiance will keep all of you updated on my progress when I cannot. But if any of you see me out somewhere please dont be afraid to talk to me. Just to give you an idea of what I look like, I'm about 6' with a surfer on my left forearm, ganji on my right, and a dragon on my right bicep. And if you see anyone else with the same shit, sandpaper it off. :) Ok now I'm rambling, off to Charlotte!

Oh yeah here are some pics: http://hometown.aol.com/vegasgurlie27/
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Good luck, Bro. Have a good 'un.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Rock Island Ranger
Ranger

Re: I'm gone

Post by Rock Island Ranger »

TRLewis wrote: My fiance will keep all of you updated on my progress when I cannot. But if any of you see me out somewhere please dont be afraid to talk to me. Just to give you an idea of what I look like, I'm about 6' with a surfer on my left forearm, ganji on my right, and a dragon on my right bicep. And if you see anyone else with the same shit, sandpaper it off. :) Ok now I'm rambling, off to Charlotte!

Oh yeah here are some pics: http://hometown.aol.com/vegasgurlie27/

Dude, when they piss test you all bets are off....what the fuck, you sniff some Coyote piss last night?
And by the way, young man....do well....have a good un.
RS Class # 7-76

I'm not the way I am because I was a Ranger - I was a Ranger because of the way I am.

¿Querría usted el primer redondo en la rodilla o la cara?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.
Bugsy
Ranger

Re: I'm gone

Post by Bugsy »

TRLewis wrote:...... I would just like to thank everyone for being here, even if sometimes I was a total dick. (now thats what I call HONEST, LOL)

.......... Without some of you reminding me of how much fun I had when I was in I would have given up. And all of you did it without even knowing it.

My fiance will keep all of you updated on my progress..........
Don't worry TRLewis, no hard feelings by me bro................ :wink:

But did I tell you I'm changin my name to "Jody" just so your fiance' will be able to recognize me :twisted: we'll make sure we keep you updated on her progess as well.... :lol: :lol: j/k Represent the faith Soldier! 8)
1984 - 1985 5th Inf Div
1985 - 1986 75th Inf Ranger Regt
1986 - 1988 3/12 SFG (ABN)

The strength of the pack is the Wolf... and the strength of the Wolf is the pack... :twisted:
Ripcord
Tadpole

Post by Ripcord »

Good Luck
A/2-501 Anb Inf 101st Abn
RVN 1970/1971 Northern I Corps
If You Have Not Made Out A Will Do So now ,SSG H Breifing new Troopers In Viet-Nam
Wakan Tanka Nici Un
Ripcord , Drive on
Kilted Heathen
Tadpole

Post by Kilted Heathen »

Good luck.
312th LRS 1st CAV 89-91
RS 12-91
RI 4RTB 92-94
H Co.121(ABN)(LRS)04-PRESENT
WTC PRC 05-06
OIF 06-07
WTC PRC 07-2010
TF Wolf MUTC 2010-

"The lapdance is always better when the stripper is crying"

The trouble with Scotland is it's full of Scots!
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Good luck to you. Remember, from here on it's "Hooah," not
"Oo-rah." :lol: And don't say "Ay-Ay" to the Drill Sgts. :wink:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Ardent Lady
Tadpole

Post by Ardent Lady »

Great news, TRLewis! God be with you. Send us updates when you can!
Reverend Mother of the Church of The Yellow River

The ultimate effect of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer
rgrpuck
Ranger/Moderator

Post by rgrpuck »

Good luck to you
CSM RGRPUCK
CL 3-88

Operation Just Cause (Dec- Jan 89)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan-aug '03)
Operation Iraqi Freedom (Jan- July "04)
Operation Enduring Freedom (Jan 07- Jan 08 )
Operation Enduring Freedom (Aug 09- Jan 10 )
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

good to go, TR.

glad to see you didn't give up.

you should ship right after the new year.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
goon
USMC Veteran

Post by goon »

Congratulations. Drive on. Let me know when you will ship for sure.
USMC 6492 (AD 1990-1995)
IRR (1995-1998)
USA 91W (2005-?)
Aequoreus tunc Miles militis
Prepping for the Q course
mipuke
Tadpole

Post by mipuke »

Congratulations. Enjoy the ride.

Vanguard
"NO FATE" T2
Bevo It's Whats for dinner!!!!

Bell

Post by Bell »

Don't ya love it when a plan comes together? It's about time Lewis. You were driving me up the wall. :wink:

Good to hear ya got it going. Now do something with it. Get some.

RLTW
Bell
TRLewis

Post by TRLewis »

Well its 10 PM eastern, and I just got back. I'm shipping Feb 8th. Not too many options available to me, one punk PS AF got more options than most non-PS, but the counseler tried in my opinion. She asked me what I wanted to do, I told her 18X. Looked at me and said, normally prior service want an easy job. She couldn't get it to work, so she called once to get her computer working right and to ask about 18X. Well supposedly there is a new program in the works so no 18X right now.

Hell since I was being told no, and she was on the phone. I said, ask about an option 40. She looks at me and says, what do you know about option 40? I told her I know I wouldnt get it unless someone somewhere was sleeping or just didnt care. So she called again to check on 18X to see if it was feasible if I went to boot camp again. Hell I dont care unlike the 98% of the other people there I was proud to make it that far. Its really sad, I think most people there realized I am signing a contract that could make me goto war. I was thinking, I could goto war with a leg unit, I gotta fuck, threaten, maim, maybe even smite whoever I need to so I can go airborne.

The only thing I got was an 11X, a handshake, and a enjoy Europe. And a backpack. Oh and a computer game. I wouldn't have taken it if they didnt gurantee a duty station, too many guys I know end up in Alaska. Now if I can fanagle(is this really a word?) my way into jump school from benning, then to RIP(Hi Ranger H8Train, I take back my description now). If not I'll enjoy Europe for the 2 years, get me back into the military life.

The other good thing that has come about from this, my dad is coming out to enlist me. And he's been burning up my phone, hes glad I finally decided on something more stable. I havent seen him in about two years. While the Army LT is cute, and I havent even seen the MEPs commander. It would be nice to have my dad do this. He didn't get a chance to do the first one.

Ranger EarthPig, I have fought with old habits all day. Still trying to break that habit of calling SSgt, SFC's by their full rank.

Ranger Bell, looks like you have me for 60 more days. :)

Return to “The Mosh Pit”