How do you get into the 101st airborne?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

mr.goodwrench83
Embryo

How do you get into the 101st airborne?

Post by mr.goodwrench83 »

I was wondering how to get into the 101st aiborne. Do you go there after basic for your AIT? or do you have to apply?
DarrenF
Tadpole

Post by DarrenF »

It's time to go back to my bunker.
Harris
Tadpole

Post by Harris »

First, I'm assuming your talking about the Airborne infantry, and not just another MOS attached to the 101st AB div, ie desk jocky.

Enlist as an 11x w/ Airborne Contract, upon graduating from Benning, you will be sent to Airborne School. Upon completion from Airborne school it is my understanding you will then report to either the 82nd Airborne division or the 101st Airborne Division.

Anybody know the specifics as far as preferance goes? I always thought that you go where the Army needs you most...luck of the draw.

Or. you could go one step further and inquire about Option40, in wich case you'll be assigned to RIP/Btn after completion from InfantryAirborne school.
Slip away.
(Badmuther's Bitch)
being held hostage in sandhill...
Master J

Post by Master J »

Harris,here you go again lettin your ass overload your mouth.The 101ST Is air assault.you do not have to be airborne Qed to go there.
Alden

Post by Alden »

Goodwrench, Air Assault school is much like Airborne school in the fact that you go there completely seperate of BCT and AIT. My first duty station is at Ft. Campbell, which means I will be in the 101st until I can get to Airborne school and then on into RIP. Im guessing your going into the Infantry so your basic and AIT will be in Ft. Benning, after that it all depends on where you chose to go. The search button would have turned all this up from along time ago. One of the Rangers would be able to explain it more accurately if they respond.

Alden
mr.goodwrench83
Embryo

When I'm old enough to serve, Im gonna try to be a paratrooper. Is that how I would go about it?
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

no man, you need to see a recruiter. do as good as you can on the ASVAB, and not act like a turd.

nobody likes a turd.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
mr.goodwrench83
Embryo

okay, thanks for the advice everyone. Now I know what I gotta do.
Master J

Post by Master J »

STILL WAITIN HARRIS!are you tryin to piss me off?
Harris
Tadpole

Post by Harris »

jody wrote:STILL WAITIN HARRIS!are you tryin to piss me off?
sorry for misinformation...will smoke self untill relieved. :cry:
Slip away.
(Badmuther's Bitch)
being held hostage in sandhill...
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

From everything BN taught me, the only thing you had to do to get to the 101worst was get kicked out of BN. Of course that means you have to get into BN first, so this might not be the most direct means. :lol:

Return to “The Mosh Pit”