News

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Andy
Embryo

News

Post by Andy »

I was wondering who you all trusted as your news source? i.e fox, times, local paper, local news?

thanks,
Andy
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Trust no one. It takes a calculated eye with several years of real experience to discern the truth; you have to be able to 'read between the lines'. You can't get the whole truth from just one news agency; the closer to the source you get, the better the intel.

However, as a general rule, FOXS NEWS tends to piss me off less than the others.
Freed Y
Tadpole

Post by Freed Y »

Why do people on TV critisize FOX News Channel? Have they had incidents of reporting false news or something in the past?
Last edited by Freed Y on October 28th, 2003, 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy
Embryo

Post by Andy »

Personally i prefere fox news. the all suck, but fox is just kinda the underdog i guess. and alot of people hate o'reily.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

Their motto is "Fair and Balanced"... and I personally don't think that it is all that balanced. They catch a great deal of heat for it, plus Geraldo Rivera works for them. People still take shots(no pun intended) at him for the reports he made in OIF. He basically broke OPSEC. Fox News is slanted a little to the right; so they say things from a perspective that other news agencies are at odds with.
Freed Y
Tadpole

Post by Freed Y »

Yeah I noticed most of the knocking came from more Liberal people like Bill Maher.
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Don't ever watch the news on TV. Every time I watch ANY TV news station, I feel like I have been attacked with psyops tactics. Really, that's all they do - spew the same old news clips of the President (or whomever) saying the same old tag line. What's the old saying - along the lines of - tell a lie long enough, and eventually people will accept it as truth?

Major media is bought and paid for. Stick to the internet. You just have to be carefull, as there is a lot of incoorect intel out there. I usually try to verify any piece of news from a few different sources before I accept it as the truth, and even then with a discerning eye. Be warned, when you become an internet news junkie, you will see just how much "news" our media drops, that is still reported by organizations like Reuters, AP, etc. It's pathetic.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
RafterMan
Tadpole

Re: News

Post by RafterMan »

Harris wrote: I much prefer to have a little comedy with my news, a la Conin, or letterman. If it's important, they'll cover it. :lol:
I really like The Daily Show on Comedy Central, funny stuff.

Return to “The Mosh Pit”