Does OSUT prepare you for RIP?

Basic & AIT
Bob51
Embryo

Does OSUT prepare you for RIP?

Post by Bob51 »

I'm wondering is if OSUT/Airborne will adaquetly prepare RIPees for RIP, or if being in great shape before enlisting is crucial. I've read through the board and havn't seen anything regarding this. Thanks Rangers.
hit_it
Paratrooper

Post by hit_it »

you haven't read far enough.

do PT.

DO LOTS OF PT.

don't injure yourself.
MSG Hit_it

@Bragg
Earthpig
Ranger

Re: Does OSUT prepare you for RIP?

Post by Earthpig »

bob51 wrote:I've read through the board and havn't seen anything regarding this.
You obviously can't read then. I'd be willing to bet that there are 50 threads regarding that topic. Front lean and rest position!
RLTW
EP

PS: *Hint: Try looking in the Physical Fitness Forum to start off.
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Yes it does, it breaks you out of your weak-minded civilian ways of doing things and gets you thinking like a soldier. Although that is an important part, that isn't all there is to it. You've got to do the rest on your own.
Dublo
Ranger

Re: Does OSUT prepare you for RIP?

Post by Dublo »

bob51 wrote:I'm wondering is if OSUT/Airborne will adaquetly prepare RIPees for RIP, or if being in great shape before enlisting is crucial. I've read through the board and havn't seen anything regarding this. Thanks Rangers.

Sure it does. Just show up. How about we change your screen name to Attrition statistic. :twisted: :twisted:
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
Bob51
Embryo

Post by Bob51 »

Rangers, thanks for the clarification. I'll read the Physical Fitness forum some more.

Return to “About OSUT”