Looking for declassified video footage

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
RangerDC

Looking for declassified video footage

Post by RangerDC »

Hello my fellow Hooah's,

I am looking for anyone that has any declassified video footage from Just Cause, TF Ranger or any Ranger operations in Afghanistan. Tool, if you see this message, do you know if there is any footage from when ya'll went to the Gulf? Operation "Iris Gold", I think..right?

Let me know via email.

Ranger_DC
Sua Sponte
VEGA175

Post by VEGA175 »

DC,

Cameras were forbidden during iris gold a few people brought throw away
snap shot cameras but i dont think anyone had video, if so i never saw it, about the only thing would be platoon picture type stuff. some video of that jump would be very very cool if you manage to find it.

that was my first jump in battalion
RangerDC

Iris Gold

Post by RangerDC »

"Vega",

Thanks for the input. I got to B. Co. right after ya'll got back from the Gulf so I missed that jump, although I heard it was one of those jumps that most people wouldn't mind missing.

Do you have any photo's? I saw some pic's taken after the fact, mostly on the DZ and patching folks up after the road march.

If I find anything from Iris Gold I will forward it to you if you want.

Do you know Keith Stanley? He was my Ranger Buddy all through Ranger School, except Florida.

Take care and thanks for your help.

Adam Alexander
"Ranger_DC"
B Co. 1/75 '92-'94
Sua Sponte
VEGA175

Post by VEGA175 »

dc,

Got to BN. like 4 days before Iris Gold (I was a stemmed cherry) . Wasn't even going to think about a camera. My only focus was on making it to the assembly area after the jump and not falling out of the road march.
It was definetly a jump to miss . my team leaders first point of contact was his forehead. another guy in my team got dragged so far on his belly
the tarmac ate through his reserve and it deployed too. the co. xo was walking around the dz asking people if we had jumped yet. it was insane .

I only have one pic and it is 1st.Plt A Co. at the airport just before we left
reply if you want it. if you get any i would like to see them .

Stan was friend of mine we went through rip together both in A co and were in the same squad in pldc
Tool175

Post by Tool175 »

I know of nobody who has pictures from that and I was in Rgr school when that went down. Glad I missed it, that jump was hell, over 25 knot winds. That Jump put two of my best freinds on permanent profile.
The Tool, RLTW!!!
By the way how is Houston? Heard they gave Life back their accredidation.
The Tool, RLTW!!!
RgrPantel
Ranger

Post by RgrPantel »

Hey Happy, I was down at Batt. today and asked about those tapes. they are still available through S-5. They'll burn a copy if you provide a tape. I didn't have any spares with me (why would I?) but I could probably get one made up if you really want it.
2nd Bn 96-00 C Co. 2nd plt., class 4-99
We're here, we need to get there; kill everything in between.
RgrPantel
Ranger

Post by RgrPantel »

Thanks for the prayers and all, but I'm still here. Still on alert though. this is lame. The bumped ud drill to last weekend and then finals have been this week, so I've been busy. Transfer those prayers to the boys at the front. It's hard to get those tapes when no one's around, if you know what I mean.
2nd Bn 96-00 C Co. 2nd plt., class 4-99
We're here, we need to get there; kill everything in between.
Tool175

Post by Tool175 »

Alexander-Schmiddy, who was in our Plt and 1st Batt gave me a great video sounds like the one from 2nd at Gordos wedding last year unfortunately I let a kid whose dad was working at my old mans place borrow it and have'nt seen it since. I'll try to contact Schmiddy and try to get another. Rummells would have a copy I'll shoot you his email. Sorry I hav'nt called been busy as hell w/ school.
The Tool, RLTW!!!

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”