New Guy

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

one-eye
Ranger

New Guy

Post by one-eye »

Hello,
I just became a new member today. I've been checking this web site out for a while now and decided to join. I was in 2nd Bat, B-Co, 2nd platoon from 98 to 99. Although I was only in battlion for short time it was probaby the best time of my life.
I enjoyed frequent smokings and several deployments. I was next in line to go to Ranger school, but got injured training in Germany. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and got hit in the face by a misfired starcluster. My platoon sgt. signaled for a shift fire and it hit a tree or something. (Still have lots of love for, he's a great guy) It messed me up pretty bad leaving some nice scars, a fucked up nose, and a blind left eye.
Anyway, after pulling CQ duty night upon night our company senior medic felt bad for me and hooked me up getting me a job at the battlion aid station until I got medically discharged. I had the pleasure of giving those on sick call IV's and giving antharax vaccinations to all.
Its a shitty story, but have no regrets. I do miss my battalion days, and disspointed I couldn't leave on my own terms. Even though I was a tabless bitch and a short timer I hope you all can welcome me in.
B-Co 2/75
2nd Plt. 98-99
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Welcome aboard one-eye. I was in 2d Platoon, B Company, 2/75 84-87.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

One-eye-
Welcome. I was also in A Co. 2/75 from '88-'89. Like you, I was injured prior to going to RS.....so, there are at least two of us 'tabless biotches' here.
RLTW
EP

PS: Hey Pete...you can delete the previous post...I wasn't logged in, so it showed me as a Guest. Sorry 'bout that. EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
The Holmchicken
Ranger

Post by The Holmchicken »

One -Eye,
I was on that deployment to Germany and while I can't remeber you're name, I remeber on the flight back in the 747, you were sprawled out in one row with what looked like your whole head wrapped in gauze. I was feeling pretty bad for myself after I dislocated my shoulder kowala-fying on a telephone pole and spending the night in the German hospital in downtown Graf. Then I saw you on the plane and remebered what had happened and felt like a real pansy after that. I hope you're doing well and that life is treating good. feel free to drop me a line. RLTW
2/75 97-00

It's not that I'm lazy........it's that I don't care

75th RRA
RgrPantel
Ranger

Post by RgrPantel »

I remember that deployment. I got to spend all of my free time in the barracks singing prisoner work songs because our platoon taped and ties two supply guys. Good times.
2nd Bn 96-00 C Co. 2nd plt., class 4-99
We're here, we need to get there; kill everything in between.
Mailman
Tadpole

Post by Mailman »

What's up one eye, I'm new to the site too and I also got a little messed up in good old Germany. I pretty much broke the balls of my feet on the longest damn movement in the history of the Army(so it felt like). The only thing that pissed me off was that it slowed me down in Munich on R&R when we went to all the bars.
C co 3/75, 3rd Plt
94-97

"I didn't want to hurt them, I only wanted to kill them." -David Berkowitz-

Return to “Introduction Archive”