11x Dep

This Archive will be used for Future Soldiers and Civilian Introductions 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

nryan63
Egg

11x Dep

Post by nryan63 »

I ship out in Nov. for BCT and AIT to Benning and I have a college degree and was captain of my college football team. That being said, I was not able to get ABN guarantee in my contract because I had to get a med waiver for a bump on my toe. Kind of rediculous because it has been there for years and has never given me any trouble. I was assured that with my PT scores and as long as I take care of business in BCT and AIT I would be accepted into ABN and RIP. Is that true? I appreciate any info.
Bell

Post by Bell »

Welcome to the site. Post your question in the recruiting forum.

A bump on your toe? Why did ya sign up for something you don't want? Get rid of the bump and go back. What's yer hurry? Get yer shit together then go for it.

RLTW
Bell
BadMuther
BANNED

Post by BadMuther »

How old are you? And what is this bump and why can't it be removed?

Think of your audience before you say, "I make a lot of money."....what's a lot of money to you?

My concept of "a lot of money" has been changed after seeing what some people I know bring in.

Ahh, the power of re-edit...anyway, being captain of your football team means squat to the Army...
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Welcome and congratulations on being the captain of your football team. It is a noble calling. :roll:

Angry
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
nryan63
Egg

Post by nryan63 »

Ranger BadMuther, I am 24 and this bump on my toe is basically a build up of bone that is very ugly, but does not bother me at all. It can be removed but doesn't need to be. Wouldn't I need a waiver after that anyway? I didn't mean to indicate that I am high and mighty with my income. What I meant to say is that money isn't shit until you've actually done something, and I have not.

I also was not trying to make being captain of my football team a qualification for being a Ranger. That is an absurd relation. But leadership is something that I strive for and I will do my very best to become a leader in my Army career. Then again, I haven't done anything yet!
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

nryan63 wrote:I also was not trying to make being captain of my football team a qualification for being a Ranger. That is an absurd relation.

Then why put it up there in the first place? It is about as relevant as telling us that your fathers name is Tommy.

"My fathers name is Tommy, and I want to be a Ranger."

Pretty fucking stupid sounding isn't it?

Being the captain of a football team is gay.
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
nryan63
Egg

Post by nryan63 »

Won't happen again. I find all of my questions answered on this site. I look forward to taking advantage of the opportunities that have been placed before me.

Maxed a PT test yesterday. Hopefully that will give me the best chance at RIP. Thank you Rangers in advance for all of your help and information.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Welcome to the site. I feel confident that you will be offered a shot at Jump School and RIP if you continue to max your PT tests and perform well in your other infantry tasks. Thanks for signing up.
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Swoff
Tadpole

Post by Swoff »

Welcome
Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Welcome to the board. Sounds like you have things in order.

Thank you for signing up to serve our nation.
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Welcome
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4

Return to “Introduction Archive”