Favorite Authors?

General Discussions for all members.

Moderator: Site Admin

Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

Dublo wrote:I went to school for 2 years at Southwest Texas State, and he was a guest writer there.
I went to school there, too....briefly. I majored in Pussy and Drinking and minored in Fishing. The female to male ratio was 10:1 when I attended.....and none of them were ugly! :shock:
RLTW
EP
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.
Saltbitch

Post by Saltbitch »

EarthPig wrote:The female to male ratio was 10:1 when I attended.....and none of them were ugly! :shock:
RLTW
EP
USAFTACP told me they were paying 'out of state' tuition.....from KC. :lol:
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

EarthPig wrote:
Dublo wrote:I went to school for 2 years at Southwest Texas State, and he was a guest writer there.
I went to school there, too....briefly. I majored in Pussy and Drinking and minored in Fishing. The female to male ratio was 10:1 when I attended.....and none of them were ugly! :shock:
RLTW
EP

Ranger Earthpig,
It is crazy, but we had the same majors and minors there. Which, is the reason that I still am 16 hours short of getting my degree. That place was a little too much fun.....I was there with 5 Ranger buddies, and we didn't fit in too well with that liberal bunch too well.
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
RideGrrl
Tadpole

Post by RideGrrl »

Lots of Clancy fans here. My favs:

Michael Chrichton, not for the Sci-Fi aspects but the intraspective and philosophical interludes.
Greg Iles... for the way he writes the human weaknesses.
John Donne... for his Valedictions.
LowCrawler
Tadpole

Post by LowCrawler »

We are supposed to read All Quiet on the Western Front for history later this semester. I enjoy Stephen Ambrose, Tom Clancy, Michael Chriton, and Terry Brooks to name but a few.

One of the first novels i read and enjoyed was A Wrinkle in Time by Madame L'Engle. It is still on my shelf today.

Ranger Horned Toad, which Terry Brooks book(s) did you enjoy? I've read The First King of Shannara about ten times, its one of my favorites.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke

"We make war that we may have peace"
-Aristotle

"A post a day keeps the smoke away"
-Doc
RideGrrl
Tadpole

Post by RideGrrl »

LowCrawler wrote:
One of the first novels i read and enjoyed was A Wrinkle in Time by Madame L'Engle. It is still on my shelf today.
Really? I read A Wrinkle In Time in Grade 6 or 7 and I despised it. Goes to show different preferences! :lol:
Steadfast
Rest In Peace Ranger

Post by Steadfast »

Chester Gould

Isaac Azimov

Joseph Heller

Confucious

John Steinbeck
RLTW
Steadfast

4/325 82d DIV 68-69
2nd Bde HHC (LRRP), 4 ID
K Co (Rgr), 75th Inf (Abn), 4 ID
69-70
I cooked with C- 4
Chiron
Ranger

Post by Chiron »

EarthPig wrote:
RLTW
EP
If it was like that I would have received a PHD. Shame it wasn't. :(
RS Class 5-82
French Commando 11-83
LRSLC Class 5-87
U.S. Army 1980-1984 and 1987-1990
---------
“Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.”
George S. Patton
Parabellum
Ranger

Post by Parabellum »

EarthPig wrote:
RLTW
EP
If the female ratio was 10 to 1 you must have been pretty pissed. Is that really why you left early...not enough hot dudes? :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
"We spoke to them in the only language they understood - the machine gun."

HHC 1/75 Oct 98-Mar 99
B co 1/75 Mar 99-Apr 04
ROC RSTB RIP/PRC Cadre Apr 04-May 06
A co 1/75 May 06-Jul 08
HHC 1/75 Jul 08-Mar 09

RS 3-99
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

QRB8 Train,
A thought like that didn't even cross my mind. There was plenty O' fine ass down there, but I had to move back up to the panhandle to get married.
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
Andy
Embryo

Post by Andy »

Kurt Vonnegut

Bill O'Reilly

John M. Collins
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Larry Chambers
Gary A. Linderer
LTC Lock
John L. Plaster
Dick Couch

These guys I have read most recently and I usually like anything involving military history. I typically like the 'off the beaten path' stories.

Angry
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Shallow Grave
Ranger

Post by Shallow Grave »

Dan Jenkins the only favorite of mine yet to be mentioned. With all the Texans that use this site I'm a little suprised he hasn't be named. Funny as hell, doesn't pull any punches.
C Co. 3/75 Ranger Regiment
Nov. 2005-present
Ranger School Class 04-08

Adapt and Overcome. Don't whine, just do it. Don't complain, just do it. Don't put on a suck face and want sympathy. Man the fuck up. - Ranger Disinfertention

Return to “The Mosh Pit”