Injury During Combat

Experiences of those who wear/wore the scroll.
wannuhbe

Injury During Combat

Post by wannuhbe »

during combat, if you lose a leg or something, would you still be able to serve in the ranger regiment?
Glock

Post by Glock »

I believe you would be medically retired.
Spartan

Re: Injury During Combat

Post by Spartan »

wannuhbe wrote:during combat, if you lose a leg or something, would you still be able to serve in the ranger regiment?
What the hell are your future plans there wannuhbe?

You would be medically retired, or if able to serve on prosthesis and meet requirements, could serve somewhere else in the Army and probably in some other capacity. Although there have been a few cases of soldiers completing their careers with prosthesis, it is rare and has never happened with anyone in the Regiment, to my knowledge.

In my view this is a legit question, but really makes me wonder about what you sit around thinking everday. Not that I want to know.
wannuhbe

Post by wannuhbe »

well i asked this question because i was wondering about what happened to some of those injured rangers after Task Force Ranger (Black Hawk Down).

my future plans are to join the army after high school and try to get into rangers even though it's very challenging

to answer your other question of what i sit around everyday thinking, even though some of my posts are weird, im juss curious at times. sorry if that bothers u
Castro
Embryo

Post by Castro »

I am just wondering how the hell would you jump out of a C-130 at 15,000 feet with one freak'n leg!
freddytunafish

Post by freddytunafish »

I read about a delta operator that lost a leg and was able to use the prosthesis so well that he was accepted back into the unit. I think it was CSM Haneys book, "Inside Delta Force".
RgrPantel
Ranger

Post by RgrPantel »

You could mow the lawn, clean latrines, and sort brass. Maybe they could put you in a cart with a 240 and pull you around the objective...or attach you to the skid of a little bird.
2nd Bn 96-00 C Co. 2nd plt., class 4-99
We're here, we need to get there; kill everything in between.
Earthpig
Ranger

Post by Earthpig »

wannuhbe wrote:well i asked this question because i was wondering about what happened to some of those injured rangers after Task Force Ranger (Black Hawk Down).
Wannuhbe-

Believe it or not, after a soldier has lost a limb, etc. in combat (especially in a total administrative cluster like Mogadishu was), most would probably want to cherish every new day, surrounded by friends and loved ones, not jump back into the pot to give another limb. I can't speak on this from personal experience, as I was not in Mog and have never lost a limb....but it seems reasonable to assume that the whole scenario would be extremely traumatic, mentally and physically. Especially when you factor in that most of their casualties weren't a result of individual/squad performance, but of administrative blunders.
Always remember: BROS BEFORE HOES.

Return to “75th Ranger Regiment Public Forum”