Intro

This Archive will be used for posts 6 months old and older

Moderator: Site Admin

Horse Weenie
Embryo

Post by Horse Weenie »

You actually put a cigarette out on your arm...Man if I could only be that tough..Im suprised they didnt hand you a pistol and trident right there.
If you reread the statement, it was not meant to make me sound like a tuff guy but to illustrate how the persons sitting across the table from me obviously lacked that mental ingredient that one would at least assume is necessary for the completion of any Special Operations training. Certainly, any form of self-mutilation requires no extraneous use of the mind, as the individual knows what's coming. Point standing, the gentlemen in question could be placed in the same boat as those who say, "Wow, that tattoo must have hurt."

Does not completing AIT make you a Veteran?, I think you should have posted under the DEP, Newt intro area.
Not completing AIT? I am classed as a NAVET. With all due respect to "this house"--if you feel I do not deserve that title then by all means delete my introduction from this section.

With those kinds of signs maybe they should have played the fucking lotto. Who gives a fuck about astrological signs? Is that the standard line in the navy from one semen to another " Hey, sailor. What's your sign?" What relevance did their astrological signs have on any part of this story? Maybe there is a sign called "Fuckhead" sounds like it would fit better.
Ranger Mitch, I think the reason for mentioning their astrological signs [etc.] was summed up in the statement, "too include the above mentioned buffed out candy-ass twinkie-twins." For the record, the information was offered to me after inquiring if they were brothers.

In all your preceeding posts not once did you answer my question. How long were you in the military?

Why can't you answer a simple question with a simple answer? The just in training amount of time. 2 months/ 4 months? Please no biographical explainations.
My apologies for my oversight Ranger Steadfast. My time in service was just under one year. The "biographical explanation" was given for its entertainment value--which it seems it is accomplishing.

I always wanted to be a "Ranger, SEAL, SF, Special OPs, pick whatever one fits for the moment" but my "whatever excuse works right now" wouldn't let me because "another excuse". Anyway I would have been a "whatever you are" but everything was against me.

Same old story. I could have, should have but I quit.

Guess what you will never end up anywhere if you continue to quit.

My whole PLDC class should have or could have been Rangers except for lame excues. I couldn't even wake half of them up in the morning for first call but they wanted to be Rangers.
Ranger Ranger2, I do not recall making any such statements. To put things in perspective... If you started out as a Calvary Scout and ended up leaving to pursue Ranger status, would it be appropriate for anyone to say that you are a quitter because you didn't serve out your enlistment as a Calvary Scout and instead went to acquire your dream? Of course, in that example the occupation is in the same branch.

There is a world of difference between people trying to convince you that you want something and actually wanting it.

I was in the wrong branch of service going after someone else's dream. It is as simple as that. If it entertains you to read into my statements to the degree that I am termed a quitter then by all means continue to do so.

If one's goal is to be a Ranger, then wouldn't the person already be demonstrating the necessary mindset to earn such a status if they do whatever it takes to head straight toward that goal?

Regards.
AngryPistols
US Army Veteran

Post by AngryPistols »

Dude,

While I am not the site cop, you gotta ask yourself. -"Why do I have to defend so many of my statements?"

It's obvious that you do not like the Navy and while your stories are facinating and certainly intriguing, my advice to you is to serve out the rest of your career, get a nice cushy civilian job selling appliances somewhere, pay your taxes, and leave the war to the "WARRIORS".

BTW, please explain to a non-Navy guy(myself) what NAVET means???

Thanks,

Angry
Angry

USA 95B 84-87, TXARNG 91B 88-89, CIV 89-present

"Yet each man kills the thing he loves, some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word, the coward does it with a kiss, and the brave man with the sword. " -Oscar Wilde
Horse Weenie
Embryo

Post by Horse Weenie »

Dude,

While I am not the site cop, you gotta ask yourself. -"Why do I have to defend so many of my statements?"
This place is an extension of any military training environment. The remarks made about my statements are understandably of a specific tone. Such statements serve to weed at those who aren't serious about becoming a Ranger; those who are "quitters." I am not among such wastrels, and intend to prove it.

It's obvious that you do not like the Navy and while your stories are facinating and certainly intriguing, my advice to you is to serve out the rest of your career, get a nice cushy civilian job selling appliances somewhere, pay your taxes, and leave the war to the "WARRIORS".
With all due respect I must decline your advice. I am presently yet again a civilian, and have my sights set on the Ranger Beret & Tab. It has been what I have wanted since having extensive conversations with those in my family who have served. I will not be sidetracked because some drug using, good-for-nothing, shit bag Navy Recruiter temporarily convinced me that SEALs are far better than Rangers and that the Navy is a superior branch of service.

BTW, please explain to a non-Navy guy(myself) what NAVET means???
NAVY VETERAN - NAVET
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

Navy Vet......Angry Pistols.

Horse Dick,
I think the reason that you are catching so much shit is that you are as flaky as a snowstorm.

There is something that you need to learn about Rangers. 90% of Rangers (definitely from my generation of them) didn't know shit about Rangers before we set about attaining our goal. We didn't have the internet to research what Rangers were all about, and you can bet that there aren't very many recruiters out there that have been Batt-boys.

We heard something that sounded neat, basically that it was tough and that these people were better than most people in the Army. We didn't know much more than that. However, most of us made up our minds that we were going to sign the paper.......and no matter how shitty things got, nor how many people tried to talk us off the path....we stuck to our guns.

Now, you can't honestly say that the recruiter talked you into being a Navy Seal.....you know that you saw the movies and thought that is what you wanted to be. Now, if your recruiter had talked you into being a guy that cleans out Port-a-Potties or something like that, talking it up like it was a glorious job.....then I would buy this excuse.

What I see.....and what I have a serious problem with....is the fact that you wanted to be a Seal......squared yourself to the task.....realized that you didn't have the "sack" to accomplish it......but you can be a Ranger....FUCK THAT.

Do you think that being a Ranger is going to be easier?

I think that you are a pussy quitter. If you couldn't cut it in the Navy....you sure as fuck aren't going to be able to cut it in the Army. Go put some more cigarettes out on your arm ......BITCH.

You want to talk about the mentality...and the mindset to make it into Special Operations.......you have a quitter mindset that wouldn't propel you to the Special Olympics............But I even feel bad typing that....as the heroes that compete in the Special Olympics set a goal.....and accomplish that goal. They don't set out to compete...then say that they would rather have been on the bowling team...than the sprint team.

They at least have the warrior mentality to accomplish their goals. I salute them for that....for they are a far better American than yourself.

I can't believe that you call yourself a Veteran when you didn't even finish your obligation......and you did it on your own accord. Pieces of shit like you are an insult to people that honestly want to serve their country.....are proud of their commitment...then they go to Basic training or something like that, and get an eye put out in training......then they get released from the military without the title of Veteran.......at least they wanted to be there.
I was in 2/75 from 97 to 00. 5-99

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Damn Skippy, Dublo.
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
McD
Ranger

Post by McD »

Creeping Death wrote:Damn Skippy, Dublo.
Wish we could get Dublo to quit sugar coating everything! 8)
C 2/75, 1st Plt, Wpns Sqd 76-79
RS 3-78
Mattoon's Goons

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve --
is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

Sorry McD,
I have two barrels and they both fire at the same time. I never flag anyone that doesn't need to be shot with them though.

"He only loved people, he thought, who had fought or been mutilated. Other people were fine and you liked them and were good friends; but you only felt true tenderness and love for those who had been there and had received the castigation that everyone receives who goes there long enough." Ernest Hemingway
Horse Weenie
Embryo

Post by Horse Weenie »

Ranger Dublo, thank you for your motivating reply.

There is something that you need to learn about Rangers. 90% of Rangers (definitely from my generation of them) didn't know shit about Rangers before we set about attaining our goal. We didn't have the internet to research what Rangers were all about, and you can bet that there aren't very many recruiters out there that have been Batt-boys.
I understand what you mean. I didn't decide my desire to be a Ranger because of something I read on the Internet. I decided it was right for me after conversing with those in my family--and others--who served with or are Rangers.

Now, you can't honestly say that the recruiter talked you into being a Navy Seal.....you know that you saw the movies and thought that is what you wanted to be. Now, if your recruiter had talked you into being a guy that cleans out Port-a-Potties or something like that, talking it up like it was a glorious job.....then I would buy this excuse.
You are welcome to your perspective and I thank you for it. However, (1) the Recruiter talked up the SEALs like they were gods in comparison to Rangers. (2) As mentioned I did not realize the necessity of preparation (certainly to some degree, but not to the degree necessary) and was made to believe--despite my statements about my swimming skill--that the Navy would take care to make sure I was ready for BUD/S. (3) I enjoyed the military and was always squared away and highly motivated, however, I did not appreciate the Navy. You've probably met many squids and know what I mean.

I recall walking in a mall with my friend (both of us dressed in civvies)--who is now headed toward RIP--while we were enlisted in the Navy, and a squid whispered as we walked by, "Looks like we got a couple of Marines here." I wanted to turn around and say, "No you f**king shit bag shipwreck, we aren't Marines, we're Sailors! Your pathetic candy-ass just can't get it through your skull what military bearing means! You walk with pride and dignity!"

We had a few guys who had transferred in from the Army who were Rangers, who kicked themselves daily for not sticking with the Army. The haze provided by the Navy Recruiter cleared because of instances such as that. I was soon determined to go toward my original and true goal.

The fact is, I am still going after the Special Operations goal. I have not given up; I have not quit. I have simply set my sights on the goal I desired from the beginning. You may disagree, but I believe my situation is no different from someone who fails RIP the first time and says to himself, "OK, I'm gonna go after it again and be more prepared this time around. I will not give up."

Insanity can be defined as doing something the same way over and over again and expecting a different result. I am not participating in such an activity.

There is also a considerable difference between someone who realizes their mistake and works to correct it and the person who simply walks away defeated. I am not the latter.

What I see.....and what I have a serious problem with....is the fact that you wanted to be a Seal......squared yourself to the task.....realized that you didn't have the "sack" to accomplish it......but you can be a Ranger....FUCK THAT.

Do you think that being a Ranger is going to be easier?
Please allow me to respectfully disagree. I didn't truly want to be a SEAL in the first place. I've never had a wet dream in my life about being a SEAL. My desire to be a Ranger concerns itself with the branch of service and the dream sparked by those whom I have had the honor of conversing with. I do not believe that being a Ranger will be any easier than becoming a SEAL. The bottom line is that I don't, didn't and never truly wanted to be a SEAL. That is the cut and dry of it.

I think that you are a pussy quitter. If you couldn't cut it in the Navy....you sure as fuck aren't going to be able to cut it in the Army. Go put some more cigarettes out on your arm ......BITCH.
You are welcome to your opinion and I appreciate it.

They at least have the warrior mentality to accomplish their goals. I salute them for that....for they are a far better American than yourself.
Exactly--their goals. Being a SEAL was not my goal to begin with. If you believe otherwise, you are certainly welcome to that belief.

I can't believe that you call yourself a Veteran when you didn't even finish your obligation......and you did it on your own accord. Pieces of shit like you are an insult to people that honestly want to serve their country.....are proud of their commitment...then they go to Basic training or something like that, and get an eye put out in training......then they get released from the military without the title of Veteran.......at least they wanted to be there.
Again, you are welcome to such a perspective. Please realize that I do have the desire to serve my country, that I am in the process of reenlisting and that I am in pursuit of my childhood dream--not the f**king Navy Recruiter's dream.

Your words will not dissuade me from my goal but thank you for them Ranger Dublo.
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Your position just doesn't pass the smell test, bud. You seem to be selling the story that you fell for a recruiter's pitch, and enlisted in the Navy to do something you had no interest in doing. I walked out the door on an Oak Leaf, and he chased me into the parking lot to give me my contract. To me, that says that you have a problem making your own decisions at worst, or at best you fell for a bullshit line from a recruiter that probably had never BTDT.

Then, the recruiter's magical Jedi mind trick wore off, and you used an "undisclosed tactic" to get out of the Navy so that you can go on to your initial true goal of becoming a Ranger. Does that about cover it?

Indecisiveness, changing trains in the middle of a track, undisclosed tactics, and anything with "weenie" in the title makes my bullshit meter tick, and it is ticking big time with regards to your military experience and future intentions. :?
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

HorseDick,
I appreciate and acknowledge the fact that you are intelligent and mature enough to contain yourself when answering attacks.

But, it all boils down to the fact that you didn't finish your tour with the Navy.....because you did at one point want to try and become a Navy Seal. You can say otherwise all day......but it was your hand that signed the papers.

What I want to know is what are you going to say....if all of a sudden you decide that you don't want to try and Ranger anymore. Are we putting sand in your eyes.

Because, I am going to tell you that Rangers aren't the ultimate best fighting force that there is. There are some that are better. You are going to be marched for 30 miles....maybe with a break, maybe not. You are going to walk that 30 miles fast....finishing it in 8 hours.

You won't be able to walk the next day most likely, because all of the skin will be gone from your feet.....but you will have to. There is nothing glorious about any of that.

You won't feel like you are anything special while you are in. I am saying that in all honesty. You will feel like you are the biggest piece of shit for the first year.

You will be too tired and busy to think that you are special. Then after your first year....you will be too numb and accustomed to the lifestyle to think that it is anything great. There will even be times that you will envy the shit out of the regular Army. Because those motherfuckers get paid the same that you will, and have to put up with 1/8 of the shit that you will have to put up with everyday.

You won't be able to pick up any bitches in the area because you are a Ranger....because too many Ranger Alpha/male motherfuckers have already touched their lives in some way. Hell 2/75 has been in Washington since 1974.....there is a pretty good chance that all of the women that you will run across near Ft. Lewis, has either had some Ranger cock, or their mom, sister, aunt, one of the females in her lineage has had a Ranger fuck them and leave them.....so they don't want a thing to do with you.

There is no glory in being a Ranger other than the fact that others will look at you and know that you will finish what you start....be it a fight, or a career move.

There aren't any wishy washy people in there....if they sneak past the guards.....they will be eaten alive in the Dogyard.

Rangers don't quit.....they can't. Everyone is watching. You know who gets the most glory out of the Rangers? The legs that live across the street from them. Their imaginations take them on fantastic journeys as to what it would be like within the fences of the Ranger Battalion.

But, they imagine wearing the title, without the blisters. Wearing the blisters is what being a Ranger is all about....but I couldn't tell that to the legs that are in the Army, and I sure as hell can't tell a Navy quitter on the internet what being a Ranger is like.

What I can tell you though, is that quitting is only hard the first time....then all of your integrity is blown, and you can do it again, and again.

I know that you are going to disagree with me...y'all always do. You are going to say something like..."Well, I am different from all of the other guys that quit....because this is something that I really want, and I will die before I attain it."

It's the quitter song.....and there is no copyright on it......anybody can sing it, and many do.

Put the fuck up, or shut the fuck up. We don't want to hear it (or in this case read it) we want to see it.

Being the best of the best.....shit, if you have enough time to sit back and tell yourself that you are the best of the best.....then you just lost that title. You will train so much that you don't give a shit anymore.

Being a Ranger is a cancer....because when you are in the process of being a Ranger....it is all you want....then when you are a Ranger...you keep waiting for the glory of it to happen.........Then you get out, and realize that the glory was there, but you were just too busy to see it.

All of those things will eat a hole in you.

I just don't think that you get it.....it is going to suck really bad...and that is the reward in itself.

I think this is one of those "blue in the face events" so I am just going to leave it at that. I am tired of typing.

VAK
USAF Veteran

Post by VAK »

Have you ever just wished someone's keyboard would break?

Horse Scrote, next time try putting the cigarette's out on your fingertips. Or as an alternative and this is just a thought... Bear with me on this as you know for you it will be a stretch.

READ WHAT THESE WISE WARRIORS HAVE SAID, ABSORB IT AND POSSIBLY JUST, STFU!!

Now, while I realize that you may not get that concept, just try it on for size. Please. :roll:

usaftacp
"Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
(Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe)

Mentor to those who would seek to be CAS God's
Horse Weenie
Embryo

Post by Horse Weenie »

Thank you again for your timely and highly motivating reply Ranger Dublo. Without the intention of attempting to stir up more horse shit, here is my reply to you.

But, it all boils down to the fact that you didn't finish your tour with the Navy.....because you did at one point want to try and become a Navy Seal. You can say otherwise all day......but it was your hand that signed the papers.
I understand and acknowledge my immature and irresponsible past errors completely. I live with it everyday. I have no desire to be in the mindset of "I shouldn't of this" or "I shouldn't of that". Such words here only serve to enlighten those who would attempt attaining a place in the Special Operations community. They do not reflect my present mindset.

What I want to know is what are you going to say....if all of a sudden you decide that you don't want to try and Ranger anymore. Are we putting sand in your eyes.
As you have predicted, I will say this: Quitting is not an option for me. The fact that I made mistakes in the past only increases my motivation to succeed this time around.

Because, I am going to tell you that Rangers aren't the ultimate best fighting force that there is. There are some that are better. You are going to be marched for 30 miles....maybe with a break, maybe not. You are going to walk that 30 miles fast....finishing it in 8 hours.
I have walked across two and half states before. While it may not compare to marching with several dozen pounds on your back in combat boots at a constant quick pace, I am not affraid of pain or mental discomfort.

It doesn't matter to me whether the Rangers are or are not the ultimate best fighting force. It is what I want to be and am going to be; and that is what counts.

You won't be able to walk the next day most likely, because all of the skin will be gone from your feet.....but you will have to. There is nothing glorious about any of that.
The fact that others can't or won't is glorious enough for me.

You won't be able to pick up any bitches in the area because you are a Ranger....because too many Ranger Alpha/male motherfuckers have already touched their lives in some way. Hell 2/75 has been in Washington since 1974.....there is a pretty good chance that all of the women that you will run across near Ft. Lewis, has either had some Ranger cock, or their mom, sister, aunt, one of the females in her lineage has had a Ranger fuck them and leave them.....so they don't want a thing to do with you.
I attract women like flies to shit already. I'm not in it for the women, the glory or the pay. There are plenty of other occupations that could serve such desires. I am in it for my country and those who will serve beside me.

But, they imagine wearing the title, without the blisters. Wearing the blisters is what being a Ranger is all about....but I couldn't tell that to the legs that are in the Army, and I sure as hell can't tell a Navy quitter on the internet what being a Ranger is like.
I'm sure your words don't do the reality justice. However, I will be finding out shortly what it truly means to be a Ranger.

I think this is one of those "blue in the face events" so I am just going to leave it at that. I am tired of typing.
I must respectfully disagree. I am reading your statements loud and clear.

Thank you, and thank you for serving.
Creeping Death
Ranger

Post by Creeping Death »

Blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah. Yada yada yada. Blah blah. Yada yada.

Indecisive...
Flakey...
Vulnerable to Jedi mind tricks...
Too high speed for the Navy...
God knows what tactic is so bad a Navy vet won't disclose it...
A self proclaimed pussy hound .....
Who calls himself weenie .......
And walks across multiple states......

And hasn't figured out yet when to talk and when not to.

Bullshit. :? I've got a case of beer that says the kid doesn't make it past four days in RIP. Any takers?
A Co 1/75 '94-'97
Class 5-96
Dublo
Ranger

Post by Dublo »

I actually have two cases that say he will only make it to the 2nd day of a special place in the woods near Yankee North and Yankee South.

Horse Weenie, if your Navy experience was several years ago, and it has been eating you alive the past couple of years..that you quit.....hold on

First, let's go ahead and agree that you did quit.....you started, weren't kicked out, but did not finish. To me that means that you quit.

If the quitter disease has been affecting your life so bad the last couple of years, and you all of a sudden have a revelation in life that you don't want to be a quitter, but successful.......then you may have a chance.

However, if you have taken on all of these adventures in the last 18 months......then I will have to say that your chances flat out suck. Quitting is a disease.....and you don't recover overnight. It is so easy to quit when things suck really bad...and they don't have to.

We will see. Like I said though, if this quitting thing has built a fire of shame within your soul, that may be enough to propel you to correct your past mistakes.

But, it actually takes several years of shame for a quitter to realize what he is.......and I don't think that you have come to the realization yet...and the final destination for this person is defeat......plain and simple fucking quitting defeat.

Once again, because of the maturity that you have presented on this board, you may be malleable.....we don't like your past at all.....but make sure that you don't piss off any of the Rangers on here and someone might be willing to work with you.

Good luck to you horse dick.

Return to “Introduction Archive”